You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Man in the Bushes

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man in the Bushes

 

A couple years ago during early July, I was spending time with my best friend. We lived in a suburban neighborhood that was built over forestland. Some of the woods were kept in backyards for private land. My friend and I were going in to the woods because we had grown bored. We walked over to the backyard and, we started to walk up a hill. When we arrived at the top we were standing in front of some bushes about up to our waist. The woods were just right behind these bushes.

This was around noon and it was a hot day with no breezes at all. We started to walk past the bushes when they started rustling violently. This caused us to jump back nearly sending me tumbling down the hill. My friend was so scared that he began running back down the hill in sheer terror. I looked back at him and taunted him for being scared. I told him that it could have been a squirrel or something of that nature. I mean rustling bushes right what else it could be? Especially during the day I wasn't expecting anything else for sure. After I told him that he was still standing there for about 2 seconds and ran home. I laughed a little inside.

I turned around back to the bushes. I saw it only for a split second. It was taller than I was at the time. It looked pitch black but it was staring me right in the face. It looked like a man's shadow. I knew it wasn't mine because I had been frozen up with fear. It then ran away to my left before it disappeared right before my eyes. I started feeling a cold sensation and began running down to my friend's house and told him everything.

I ask you all. What was that thing I saw? I never saw it again but I never can forget that moment. If anyone can shed some light I would be thankful.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CHR158R332Y, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Probably a great deal of personal research would be the best source of info on this subject.
The term "shadow entity" does sound more appropriate, since the image is that of a shadow and the term "entity" is a safely generic noun without denotations.
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
I'm beginning to get quite fascinated by these "shadow entities" (I will not submit to the convenience of appointing them "people" as we have NO idea what they really are). There seems to be a discernable pattern about these things showing up to folks around the world in similar accounts.

I would like to see one, but preferably during the day and while I am with someone; otherwise, I hope to never see one. Running into something like that alone in my house at night would pretty much send me over the edge and make it impossible for me to be alone ever again!
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I suppose laughing at your friend wasn't the best idea, it sounds like a shadow person
CHR158R332Y (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Thanks for your comment. My friend did not see what I saw. I asked him what he saw and he told me he only saw the bushes moving so he ran off.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
My only assumption would be that it was a ghost/and or shadow person. However I would have laughed at my friend also in your situation. I guess it wasn't wise to laugh at your friend though, who would have known that there was this creepy shadow beside you? Did your friend see the shadow? Is that why he fled within seconds, if so he should have warned you.

Thanks for Sharing.
templer_knight (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
It seems, to me at least, that there's a level of commonality between shadow-people and interaction with the physical world.

I have encountered a shadow-person myself before, and it gave me quite a scare. Unfortunately, I know little more about them than that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: