You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Dream Of Terror

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Of Terror

 

My best friend had a dream, in which I was in. The way she told it terrified me, because she said it was so vivid it might have been real. I might also admit that I was at her house when this happened, in case that makes a difference to the readers.

She told me that late at night she 'dreamed' that she was walking around her dark house and she looked around and I was next to her. She looked forward again and we just sort of walked around some more.

Then she told me that she looked around again at me and something happened. My appearance was changing into something evil. She said that my hair was turning grey and frizzy, my teeth turned yellow and my face turned a white/grey color, and finally, my eyes rolled back and turned completely black.

She woke up screaming, which woke me up, and she told me the dream when she made sure I wasn't still demented. I told her it was just a dream, but the thing that made me think it was more was that the door to her bedroom was open. My friend only sleeps with the door closed...

That little fact scared me half to death. Could it mean that I'm evil and something happened? Or was it just a stupid dream that means nothing?

Thank you for reading this story, even if you think it was nothing and I'm crazy for getting scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostluver_aly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

arielsky- (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
it could have been a dream... Like if she thought about demons or you and something scary. Her dreams could have put it together. Because, one time. I thought about my grandma. And whatta y a know. I DREAMED about her sitting in her chair drinking pepsi.
So who knows. Demons have the power to get into peoples minds while their at their most vulnerable. Little known fact 🤔
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-16)
The most hilarious and random advice ever given by anyone: "Don't dabble in black magic. Do not eat any food given to you by any friends. Do not befriend anybody who tends to incline towards something occult or witchcraft. Beware of a close friend who is a guy..."

Point #4 is especially important. Or not. HAhahahahaa!
😆 But you forgot "never feed Mogwai after midnight and never get them wet, either!"

But seriously, while I think some dreams are important, most are just our brains rehashing things that we've encountered during the day. Her dream could have nothing to do with you and you might just be a convenient vessle in which the point of this dream was conveyed. It may be that, had you not slept there that night, she could have had the same dream with the same meaning, but instead, it might have been her mother or brother or neighbor, etc. In the dream instead of you. You just never know with dreams.

Cheers!
xox_care_xox (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-14)
Maybe your friend was astral traveling since her dream was so vivid and so real, my sister has told me many stories of her experiences astral traveling and your story reminded me a lot of my sisters stories. My sister has had a lot visitors come to see her while astral traveling and there were some that took shape of people she knew to later reveal there true form wich was usually scary like what happened to your friend, and you should ask your friend if she opened her bedroom door in her "dream" to walk around the house because it could of been her astral spirit who opened the door.
ghostluver_aly (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
this is to ominousnyxx.
thank you for your thoughts,
but I don't smoke. 😊
dont worry, ill do my best to resist peer pressure.
thank you!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-13)
I don't think you're evil. Dream reflect the way we feel about the world or the people around us. They give life to our fears, hopes and expectations.

In short, your friend had a nightmare, nothing for you to worry about.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-11)
I would not think that you are evil simply based upon a dream that your friend had. There may be some fears that your friend has that are not related to the way they are portrayed in the dream in the slightest bit.

Don't take life to seriously all of the time or you will be dissapointed and frightened all of the time.

God Bless!
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Dreams can be interpretted in many ways or they could be a "premonition"

If I was to interpret it; It would be something like this:

Your friend has never seen your dark side before and wondered what would happen if you got really really angry. This thought has probably plagued her subconscious and then she dreamt something this horrible. She probably kept thinking that if you ever got really angry it would be something as terrifying as that.

Now IF it were a premonition;
Your friend could have dreamt of something you will do later in life. Something that is very VERY bad and to her is "evil".

The open door probably suggest a "warning" or "be opened"

If it was a warning then do not accept anything that seems too good to be true. Do not give in to peer pressure; like smoking because your friend might dislike the fake of you smoking, or if you're smoking and your friend doesn't know about it, I guess tell her?

Anyways hope that helps.;]
JohorMsia (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Hi, ghostluver. I wish to give you some advice. Don't dabble in black magic. Do not eat any food given to you by any friends. Do not befriend anybody who tends to incline towards something occult or witchcraft. Beware of a close friend who is a guy.

I wish and hope you and your friend will be safe.
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
damn this is scary, it could be a door opener, that's a person that is invovled in witchcraft that can come into your house, but its probly not, I don't think people still do stuff like that but you never kno... More than likely not^^ these things only happened places like here long ago when there was no electricity so... I'm not sure what it was 😭 or maybe it was a demon or ligaru or sucoua? I am confused
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
Sounds to me like your basic nightmare.

Dreams are funny things--if I can remember mine, I can often trace the source back to something that has either recently happened or been on my mind for whatever reason.

Perhaps you and your friend were talking about odd things and happeneings (like ghosts or shape-changing), and that triggered your dream.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger, though. Most of us have our share of peculiar dreams--mine often involve old Victorian houses, for some reason.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
It could be that it is a stupid dream and means nothing.
It could be that she was astral traveling, or having an out of body experience (OBE). I have read that when in that state, you can actually freak yourself out into seeing things that are not actually there. Like your mind projects it there.
Or maybe she was seeing something that was not you.
But hopefully it was just a dumb old dream. 😊
iamnoone (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-09)
I spent the night at my friends house when I was younger. They had converted their garage into a bedroom and that's where she slept. One night, I was sleeping on a futon on the floor and I woke up after midnight sometime to find myself FREEZING. I was feeling around to find my blanket and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I tried to wake my friend up and tell her I lost my blanket. I then looked at the corner of her bed against the wall and lo and behold was my wadded up blanket. I always thought that was strange. I did not like being at their house.

I have always had weird creepy dreams though. I think that's normal, though.:) Well, for me at least!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: