You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Frustration

Real Ghost Stories

Frustration

 

This isn't a scary story, but a humorous happening from last night. I was fairly restless; work has been requiring a lot of my time and going straight to sleep has been difficult lately.

When I got home, I curled up on the sofa with dinner to relax. I caught sight of a white shadow strolling down the hallway toward my bedroom. No big deal. I usually see shadows of some sort periodically.

I watched television for a while, decided I would tuck in bed with a book, and hopefully, find sleep at some point before the wee hours snuck up on me. I had my apartment to myself and felt fairly relaxed, just not sleepy.

I read for about half and hour, thought maybe I could sleep and turned off my lamp, and rolled onto my right side. The apartment was dark, cool, and perfect for finally going to sleep. My legs were doing their twitchy thing, so I felt pretty restless, expecting to get up again.

About the time I was about to toss back the covers, turning on the lamp, and get up for a while, I hear this breathing. It sounded like someone took a breath, and did the "frustrated exhale", floating above me toward the ceiling. You know, the big forced out your nose exhale. Just a big "whoosh"!

I laughed out loud thinking, now here is this "shadow entity" and I'm making it TIRED!

Maybe turnabout is fair play!

Other hauntings by Krysteen

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krysteen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Thank you I'm sitting in the dark alone that is just what I needed! Great story!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi Krysteen. Thank you for sharing your humorous story with us. It goes to show that the paranormal doesn't have to be all thrills and chills-we can also laugh. I really enjoyed your story, take care.

FRAWIN 😊 😆
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
This was a funny story. It probably wanted attention and you got used to it being there and arent caring it is there so it got bored. I understand that feeling. Well hope you have a new story soon.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
😆 that is one of the funniest sories I have read in a very long time!

Thanks for sharing with us!

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Hi Krysteen. I like Jasmine checked out your other stories. I am very sorry that your father passed away. It is always sad when someone close passess away. No time can heal that. I realy enjoyed reading your story. I almost cracked up when I you said that the spirit got tired. It does happen that some spirits come by once in a while. They come so fast and then vanish as fast as they came. I hope you share other stories soon with us. I would be glad to read them. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Krysteen,

This is certainly a first for me, I have never heard of a living human exhaust a ghost, I have heard of it the other way around though.

Surely, your resident ghost has grown fond of your antics and vice versa. Well, if that turns into a friendship, that would be one of the wierdest ones I would ever hear of.

As rhodes68 wrote earlier, "looking forward to your next submission". God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
😆Hey Krysteen, thanks for a very funny encounter indeed!

I can almost hear the shadow thinking "Oh boy, there she goes again! That does it, I'm out of here!"

Looking forward to your next submission.

Tammy
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
My other YGS contributions have usually unnerved me. Some were emotionally good, others terrifying.

I would like to add, that if what I heard had been ANYTHING other than an exasperated exhale, I would more-than-likely have spent the remainder of the night screaming my head off under the covers, afraid to open my eyes, or reach out to turn on the lamp. 😨
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
That is a very interesting story.hmmmm. I am going to read the rest of your stories to try to figure out why you were so passive about this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: