You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: I Opened the Door to Demonic Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

I Opened the Door to Demonic Spirits

 

When I was 17, I opened a door that should have remained closed. I was at the public library and checked out a book about demons. I was always an avid reader and to me, it was just another "horror" book, I checked out for 2 weeks. I really had no concept of demons, I believed in God, but just not so much in the other end of things. I had the concept of God and angels, and if they were truly in Heaven, then nothing bad could be there. They protected us, right? That very concept changed forever. Hello, crash course in freewill.

I ended up reading the book, and the next thing I know, I started seeing the shadows. The dark ones, some looked like crows, some black cats, and then the smaller humanoid types. There was one, more human, who was taller, dark and he was everywhere. If I was reading, I could see his shadow, leaning over my shoulder as if reading with me. He would also be on the roof, hanging down peering into my window. I could see his form, blocking out light, and hanging there upside down, like a crouching bat. He had pointed ears, and I will never forget that silhouette against the starry sky, watching me.

My sister began seeing these things, too. We both saw what looked like fighting, bolts of blue and white lightening that streaked across darkened rooms at each other. The most amazing occurrence was when we were at the movies and the whole theater was a "battle ground", with us being the only ones who could see the lights. In retrospect, I do believe it was "good & evil" fighting.

I think I was more curious and mesmerized, than concerned by all of this going on. Until one evening, I was lying across my bed, reading as usual, and I felt a hand touch my foot. Hard pressure on the sole of my foot, grasping. That scared me... Whatever this was could touch me.

The end came quickly to this situation, a couple of days later. Late one Friday night, I was home alone, and my mom and sister drove up. In the headlights of the car, my sister saw a huge demon, hairy & tall, like a buffalo on its hind legs, and it was running around the house, trying to escape the headlights. My mom didn't see it, nor did she or my dad ever see any of these happenings. My sister thought it had been after me, and she was terrified. Her fear was palpable as she told me what she saw, she told me to take care of this, and get it the hell out of our home. I was horrified.

The very next morning, a Saturday, I found myself home alone, a godsend in a house where Saturday mornings were the optimum time for everyone being home. I cleansed the house, blessed the house, and got that book the hell out of there. I never saw it again at the library, even though the section of horror I perused was near where I found it. I hope it was removed from the shelves and destroyed.

Funny thing, I have a feeling it never made it back to the shelves... I have a strong feeling it was never supposed to be there in the first place. The thought of burning the book never crossed my mind. I just wanted things sent back to Hell where they belonged, and all things in my world back to where they had been before. I succeeded in clearing the house of all evil, no more shadows, lights, touches, or seeing anything EVER AGAIN.

The downside is I will always regret having my sister feel that horror and fear, the upside is that my faith in all that is good, was strengthen beyond all that I could have imagined. I know now what's out there, and I will use my belief to send it away every chance I get. I hold that faith close to this day.

These things were getting stronger, more brazen, and I never want to even consider opening ANY doorway again. I was uninformed, stupid for doing that, and utterly ignorant for bringing that into my home. This all occurred in a 2 week period, and I thank God, my faith was intact.

I was considerably blessed that I realized the problem was growing beyond me, and that I had the strength to send it back. I hope someone learns from this... It's not a game, it is REAL. And it is awful.

Other hauntings by Krysteen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krysteen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Teffy88 (10 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-12-27)
Oh my gosh, this was absolutely terrifying! Has your sister seen anything since?
abanob (1 stories) (31 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-26)
It's not about the book it's about you the book is not big deal they was to attach/touch you anyway if you read the book or not
ArchAngelAmaris (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-05)
Retarded story. You can't summon demons by just reading a library book.
still_doll (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-27)
wow that's really interesting I liked it iv tried to find that book but I havnt found anything so maybe it was made for you? 😐
Issac (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Umm...My I know the Name of this book please?>?>?>? I'm just intrested about what you were reading. Thanks.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
You do know that the book was meant for you?
Once you had the book, it released what had been laid to rest. This book was still tied to them tho. This seems strange and interesting... I wonder why I was drawn to it? What is this books title? I will do some research on it.
Arcanum (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-10)
Demons
Demons are serpents in cohoots with lost Gods. They both fight against the one true God.

A demon talks like a lizard, it makes a squeaky shreak, to talk like a demon will scare it away for good. All you have to do is squeeze your mind, by pulling your eyes back in your head. Then as if you have had a SCARE, use that feeling and exagerate it, like you are thinking backwards in time.

Then say what ever you want while breaving in, talking backwards, suck air in and make a squeaky sound, that is talking like a lizard, and it will scare the pants off them. This sounds rediculous but it works on both Demon spirits and people possessed by Demons. Arcanum
AuroraRosa (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-09)
ok wait, these demons came in with a book about demons? Wow, that just sounds unfair, which is probably why they did it. Creepy, and I'm glad you were able to get rid of them like you did. 😁 😉
VanLe (1 stories) (17 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Oh nice. What book is this that you've read? I remember a friend of mine saying flashes of light does mean something battling, usually a demon with something good.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
In short, this story screams out the fact that a book may be as potent as any ouija board session.
Even a library book on the subject.
I appreciate this account for its straightforwardness.
Tiggy (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
The most important lesson you can learn from this is the power of your own spirituality and abilities. By reading that book, you tapped into your innate psychic talents (by reading the book, your third eye opened).

Most people have some degree of this ability, but within you it is strong. My advice would be for you to pray or meditate, and ask whatever higher power you believe in to NEVER allow you to see something that frightens you, or something that you can't handle.

It will work - trust me. In the meantime, either acknowledge this gift or try to forget about it. The choice is yours.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
It was your strenght in God that gave you the strength, to take the book back to the library, and as for the book, it is probably where it belongs and will stay there. I liked the story though and it must have been frightening for you. Please keep posting some stories for us.

God Bless,
~Vicki 😊
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Wow, those are very interesting questions you've got there! Of course, I have opinions on ALL of them! But, it's just that... My opinions. My best suggestion, and how I do the majority of my reading, is to "Google" those topics and read EVERYTHING. I always read both sides of the arguments, even the things that don't mesh with my thinking. That's the only way to learn, expand your own philosophy, and broad your knowledge.

You don't have to believe everything you read, nor should you. You should make a point of being well-versed on all aspects pertaining to the topics you are researching.

Anyway, that's my advice. It's how I maintain an open mind, and truly believe many things are possible, if not highly probable! 😊
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear Krysteen,

I do acknowledge that you have a great knowledge in the study of the occult. However, there are these four questions that bother me and it is: If the monotheistic religions brand the Gods of Roman and Greek pantheons demons, does that mean worshipers of that religion is in effect worshiping demons?

Another question is: Why are the practices of the Masons, Templars and etc labeled occult practices? And Why did Hitler mix Catholic traditions with occult practices? And is it true that hiram Abiff is the Masonic version of Christ?

Sorry for the many questions, I just needed to get those out of my mind. Thank you for your story once again. And I would certainly like to talk to you about the occult. God bless you, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Francois,

I do read a lot about the occult. Pick a topic, any topic... And I've probably read up on it. Highly interesting and amazing to think of there being so much more out there. However, that's the only time I've ever had to deal with my reading material!

Maybe you are right, maybe it was attached to the book. I still wonder from time to time what the title was... Not a clue. But, that's probably not the best thing, and I put an end to those thoughts, lest I send out vibes for another home visit! Best guess, I put that information away in a dusty file in the back recesses of my mind to be deleted from existance! The title was irrelevant and the information was mind-boggling.

I do own several books on different subjects, but I don't keep many of them in my home. My boyfriend is a sensitive, and he can walk into our home and KNOW if I have a book in the house! Go figure!

I felt empowered when I cleansed the house. I used my anger to focus. I didn't ask to see any of them, ask for "signs", or anything like that. I felt them there, and then I cleansed, and felt them gone.

There is nothing in that house now that is "underworldly"...otherworldly, yes. I've seen my deceased father there. But as for anything diabolical? Not anything in all the time that has passed.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
you can consult books on deamons, and spiritism, and maybe a satanic bible, obviously not perform anything or say anything from thse books out loud, most probably youll find these book in a library, I hope you learned about paganism that is often tought to be evil, but its not, =]
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear francis, a grimoire is not always resut of occult, only black magic which means harms and invocing of spirits and spiritism lik ouija board are considered as occult, as the occult mean that sometingh evil is present, and not leting faith in the hands of god. I hope I'm of any help, I'm no expert but of these I'm sure, because many people think that paganism/wicca is evil and that's a mistake, its the beauty of life that tought me how to embrace it.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear bruwx,

Thank you for correcting and explaining my error. It is much appreciated. I will try learning more about the occult as the summer progresses. I will see if I can get my hands on a grimoire. Thank you once again.

Sincerely,

Francois
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear francois, I agree that you don't have much knowledge of occult, a pentagram doesn't show any danger, its the symbol for us pagans for god, like it is the cross for christians, and an inverted pentagram is used in occult just like an inverted cross, the pentagram is just a pagan religous symbol, which is based on the beauty of love and nature.
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Dear bruwx,

I see what you mean, it is said that if you know a demon's name, you may have a certain degree of command over it. I believe that is just legend though. But who really knows?

As for the occult, my parent's won't let me go 100ft near a book with a pentegram on the cover. Therefore my knowledge on the occult is very limited.

Dear Krysteen,

How did you feel while cleansing the house all alone? Do you remeber the title of the book? Do you think the entity still lives near your house?

Deus Vobiscum
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
i personally think deamons hate being uncovered, that is why probably all the deamon hunting writers are mostly dead... Maybe they didn't like your curiosity because you are religious... Its just my theory, does any one thinks as me?
Francois (220 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
Greetings,

Hello Krysteen, I see you are a fan of the occult and I guess you saw what the demons in the subject are capable of. I don't believe you opened a door, but by taking the book home with you, you unknowingly invited the thing inside.

You are a very brave person, fearless in doing a cleansing by your own. I applaud your responsible actions and your devotion to your sister's safety.

Thank you for posting your story. Please write more, I would love to read more about your experiences. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-22)
The book specifics are a blur, and it's been 20 years since this happened. I'm not sure if I blocked it out, or what. Probably just horrified it happened, and subconsciously, I have no intention of remembering anything about it.

Let's just say I had to do a lot of work to close it. I mean WORK with blessings, and prayer and above all else resolve and faith. I wasn't scared, I was angry. I don't think it was an emotion these lower level entities could feed off of either. This was hatred of them, for them, and it gave me power and focus.

I pretty much raged against them with all that was holy and pure. I believed in my faith to such an extent, I KNEW that I could be rid of them, and nothing would have stopped me from sending them right back out that portal and back to hell.

I have never felt anything like that again. I also think in a way since I opened it, I was able to close it. I also am pretty careful about my reading selections, when I do read up on the occult. My faith has never faltered. I've seen a lot of things, felt things; but nothing like that has ever come about again.
cursed_angel (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-21)
i think that you unwittingly summoned a portal how you managed to close it is what I don't understand even if you returned the book the portal was still open they still would have come after you or they must've been attached to the book do you remember what was written in it?
BellaMorte (4 stories) (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-08)
"In the headlights of the car, my sister saw a huge demon, hairy and tall, like a buffalo on its hind legs, and it was running around the house, trying to escape the headlights..."

Wow! This is one of the creepiest lines I have ever read. I feel spooked sitting here now! 😲
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
Wow that's pretty scary. My ex mother in law found some weird books in her attic when they moved in, and until this day strange stuff still happens in that house, I have tons of stories I will post as soon as I get a chance. Glad you had the power to get rid of it... Good luck! 😉
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear Krysteen,

I do appreciate you taking the time to respond with feedback to your story to me, as well as to others who have posted on your story page.

I am pleased that you agree and even if you did not, I would be pleased either way for your kind consideration of an author's feedback such as your kind one to me. Thank you. --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Krysteen, thank you for getting back to me. I too have read so many books that names and even story lines are lost to me. The book you described could have been one of thousands out there. Oh well, guess I will have to stick with the old tried and true method. Hit the libraries, and old book shops. 😉 Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
4u_allie (7 stories) (42 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
I have a similler experiance with this. And hope never again! Oh, why do these evil beings stay here with us?! It not right. This is our home, not theirs. They have hell or heaven. I've seen obsticles in my home...faces, animals, skellitans. Everywhere! If a drink is spilled, I see a face or a form in the liquid. Doesn't make since, I know, but true. But why do they stay here? 😢
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
Shane, I don't have a clue what the book was called, as this was years ago. It was just a non-assuming black paperback, about 8x10, maybe 200 pages. It was full of sketches of demons, symbols, & the standard Crowley chapter. That sort of thing. I'd read so many things about so many things, that I didn't think twice about this being any different. I'm sure at one point I knew the name, but I think I let that information go at the time as well.

Abby, I absolutely agree.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: