You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Ghost In The Blue Room

Real Ghost Stories

The Ghost In The Blue Room

 

About four years ago, when I was nine, my aunt and uncle bought a big, old and supposedly haunted house in Maine. We also lived in Maine but we moved (see The Ghost in my New Haunted House) We lived ten minutes away from my aunt and the only way to get there was by car because the house was basically in the middle of the woods, which made it seem even more creepy since there was hardly any sunlight there. My aunt and uncle worked full-time so when it was summer vacation my mom would drive me and my grandma over to my aunt's house to take care of her two kids: Jolie (3,now 7) and David (6,now 9) my grandma never liked going there. She was always complaining about the kids. One time she said that they could destroy a whole house in less then five minutes.

I wasn't an angel either. So, when David and Jolie (it's French) were up to no good, I would just play along with their schemes. As I said before, the house was huge. The previous owners left some furniture and my aunt and uncle bought a little more so they had a lot of furniture. But the weird thing is that the house looked empty and the furniture looked like a couple of dots on a sheet of white paper. There was one room that didn't have any furniture at all except an old wardrobe. We called it "the blue room" because the walls were painted a weird electric blue. The room had a different vibe than the rest of the house and I'm pretty sure it's haunted.

So, like usual, my aunt and uncle went to work and my mom drove me and my grandma to take care of the kids. When we got there I found out that Jolie broke David's favorite toy and he wanted to get revenge by stealing her Barbie doll. So while Jolie was eating lunch we snuck into her room grabbed her doll and buried it in the sand-box. Of course, my grandma saw us through the window and because Jolie was crying we had to give it back.

After we ate lunch my grandma said that Jolie was tired. She sent us to the blue room so Jolie could fall asleep without our distractions.

As I said before, there wasn't any furniture in that room except for an old wardrobe. And since there was nothing to do we opened it and started to look through the stuff. There wasn't really anything in there except for some old jackets and some heavy books on the top shelf. Since we were little we took some books down and looked for some colorful pictures. Then there was a knocking on the door. I closed my book and ran to open it. To my surprise there was no one there. I went back to looking through the books and told myself it was just the wind. But I put a heavy book in front of the door so no one could get in.

We were almost done looking through the books when there was a knocking on the door again. Thinking it was our grandma we yelled "Come in!" The door opened all by itself, moving the book. And there where no windows or doors opened. We ran out of the room screaming for our lives! We woke Jolie up and she started crying, so my grandma told us to go outside and play on the swings NOW!

We walked to the swings very disappointed that no one would believe us. I thought about what happened. It was impossible for a door to open by itself and move a heavy book if all the windows and doors are closed.

It was almost time for my mom to pick me up so I went to the bathroom to wash my hands. When I was about to go outside something told me to look right. I turned my head just in time to see a shadow leave the blue room.

I don't know much about the history of this house. All I know is that it was built in 1871. What shocked me about my aunt's house was the price. It was as if the people just wanted to get rid of it as fast as possible.

Other hauntings by rubyrose_99

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rubyrose_99, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
Is it possible that Jolie was playing a joke on you. Maybe she snuk out of her room, knocked on the door, after she turned the handle she stayed out of view pushing on the door by the hinges then quietly snuck away? Course I don't know the layout of the house so maybe my explination is impossible. I just try to debunk things sometimes.
no_average_angel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
Hi! I also had a similar experience! The room sounds creepy and it's definetley haunted! And if they sold the house for a really low price then that's probably the explanation: the house is haunted! ❤ 😊
angel_from_heaven (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Hi! Thanks for sharing another great story with us! Your aunt's house is definitly haunted and the room too! ❤
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hey Rubyrose_99! Thanks for sharing another wonderful story with us!

Your aunt's house is definateley haunted! It was really interesting to read your story! I liked the previous story of yours and I like this one too! Please keep us updated!

Biemaster
rubyrose_99 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Hi Annie! Sorry but I don't remember the name of the town. 😐 My aunt moved about two years ago and so did I. My aunt lives in Pennsylvania and I live upstate NY. Next time I see my aunt I'll ask about the name. ❤
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
I believe that Francois I giving you some great advice. House like this one can have a lot of history and it would be very interesting to check it out. The more information you have the more you know about the house and its spirits. I to agree that this could be a playful spirit. Maybe even a child. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Greetings,

Hello rubyrose_99, is the house for sale? Just kidding. Well, I guess you have somewhat of a playful or tricky ghost. Has it assaulted anyone in the past?

I believe you can find the history of your aunt's house by looking through records of the house. Thank you for posting your story. Please write about your experiences, if more do occur. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Hi rubyrose99, Interesting story. I live in Maine. I'd love to know the location of this house. Could you provide the name of the town? It's always nice to see stories on this site that are from my home state. Thanks for sharing. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: