You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dark Shadows and Light Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Shadows and Light Shadows

 

For the past couple of weeks, I've noticed an increase of shadows around me. I've been seeing those fleeting black shadows out of the corner of my eye, and on occasion, the ones that linger to let you get a better grasp on their shape. These have been ranging from tall, human shapes to small cat-size, elongated shapes, to even smaller, like a bird. Fast moving and annoying!

I'm not the only one who has seen them. I was picking up my boyfriend at his mother's house one night, and he was waiting for me outside on the driveway. When he got into the car, he asked if I'd seen the tall black shadow duck down behind the car when I turned onto the street. I hadn't. That freaked him out, he hadn't noticed it until it moved against the headlights.

Within a couple days of the dark shadows, I noticed tall, human sized white hazy shadows mixed among them. If I saw any black shadow, it was followed by a white one. Regardless of the size of the black shadow, the white shadow always seemed the same tall human one, no size change. This is not the first time I've seen the "mingling" of the light and dark shadows. Always the dark running from the light ones.

I've thought about it, and I seem to see these dark shadows when there is about to be a emotional upset coming in my life. Almost like harbingers of unrest. A few days before whatever news is coming arrives, I start seeing the black shadows. I just don't know WHAT is changing, just that it will be.

I've also noticed when the light ones are near, things may be upsetting, but the situation is for a good reason and usually some sort of spiritual growth or life change that benefits me, even though the time is a trying time. Almost a clearing of the air, getting things that bother me out on the table, dealing with things and getting back to my life. It can be anything, relationships, loss of friends or family, major changes at work. Anything, but not minor upsets, larger ones that require solitude and introspection, life-altering changes in course.

I sort of feel the black ones feed on the negative emotions that are running high, and the white ones are there to temper and protect, to influence at the least, or at MOST, let the natural course of emotion take place, without the interference of the negativity.

I do admit to find it highly amusing when I am upset and the black shadows are crisscrossing the hallway, and the white shadows are right behind them, and the dark ones scurry away. It seems to make me smile, as if somewhere in my subconscious I must know the black ones are there for absolutely NO good except to make things darker, and the white ones are light and protection, and apparently fairly fierce, since the dark ones flee IMMEDIATELY!

I like knowing that the black shadows are afraid. Oddly enough, it's comforting to watch.

Does this sound like a reasonable assumption? That the dark shadows are feeding off sadness, fear and unknown change, and the white shadows are there to protect and buffer? Or do they bring the emotional upheaval and the white ones come to offset it?

Since so many of us have these shadows around, I was wondering if anyone else has noticed them at specific emotional times more than at other times. Also, as soon as my emotional "crisis" is over, no more shadows of any kind.

Other hauntings by Krysteen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Krysteen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

patsicle (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
Hi,

I've read hundreds of accounts of Shadow People on this site (http://www.shadowpeople.org/) and highly recommend it to anyone experiencing them. I don't believe they are or ever have been, human. They do feed off negative emotions like hate and fear and not everyone has a bad experience with them, although most seem to be malevolant. Anyway, if you have some time on your hands, give the site a look. I also recommend a new documetary called "The Nightmare." It is about sleep paralysis and shadow people. It is on Netflix.

Cheers,

Patricia
brianbernard82 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-03)
To Krysteen and all others on this post... Has anyone seen a jet black "swirling fog", while laying in bed at night while the room is dark? Dark room, even darker fog/mist/shadowy being. No physical details, just a black "fog"-type presence. Any comments? Or experiences similar? Before, during, and after sightings? Please, someone. I feel legitimately scared here. 😲
MammaMia (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
Hello writer of the above story,
I have a few questions for you, if you will ever so kindly answer me. It won't take long. I understand exactly what has happened to you, and experienced the exact same thing myself, but I knew what it was, and what it meant. My first question is, to ask you whether anything from these 'shadows' has happened recently. My second question being, have the shadows ever dropped anything, or maybe looked like they were holding something? My third question is, do the 'shadows' tend to move quickly? Are the black 'shadows' usually small, and have pointy ears? Do you believe in ghosts? How long have you been experiencing these 'shadows'? If the shadows have stopped, are you now a grown woman/man and these things only happened as a child or teen? Did these happenings seem to happen more often as you were ages 13-16? If you have siblings, have they seen them too? Have you seen a man in a hooded cloak, or perhaps a woman in a long, strapless red dress with long hair, or even just a man in the woods, wondering around in dark jeans, and a black T-shirt in his late teens? It would be very helpful to both of us (me and you) if you answered these questions as thoroughly as possible. I know I said it was going to be short, but as I typed I thought more. Thank-you very much for your time a patience. I expect a reply as soon as possible. Thank-you again.
~MammaMia ❤
combatsushi (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
I know this is really late to respond, but I have seen exactly what you have spoken of. I know light shadows chase dark shadows away. I have seen this happen a couple of times. I really don't know what this means or what the intentions are but light shadows generally have a pleasant feeling and dark ones have a brooding sense to them.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-22)
Dear Krysteen,

What a wonderful, humorous and scary story. I was scared due to the presence of dark entities in your house, wonderful to know that angels are present and jolly since the notion of angels chasing devils away has always been fun to know. If those white beings be in fact angels, then I consider you very blessed due to their presence no evil can severely harm you.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
lonelegendz (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
hey I seen one of them - verry bright shadow about 5-6 inches tall... We mostly called them duwende/dwarf...he would guard me since the day of birth...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-07)
Hello Krysteen,
First let me apologize for anything that I may comment on that someone else has. I have a tendency to post my comment before reading through the others, just so that my view does not get tainted. 😊
I have not experienced the same thing as you have. I have never seen a lighter shadow following a darker one. I have always felt that the darkness in the Shadow people do not necessarily mean that they are "bad" or "evil", just merely shadows.
With that said, I would have to say, just by your descriptions and your experience of feelings, that your assumption must be correct. You were in the situation, and you have seen and felt it all. Who better to have the correct information?
I am with you. I would think that if I witnessed the Spiritual chase that appears to be going on around you, the lighter shadows would make me smile. "Take THAT you creepies!"
Thank you.
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Thank you all very much. I love this site, as it gives us all the opportunity to talk about our experiences. It's gratifying to find guidance and reassurance, and completely different viewpoints. Makes one think, and that is always good! 😊
killingkilgore (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
Hi Krysteen,
I have to say you have no idea how pleased I was to read your story. I was more than disappointed with the last few stories that were on here. Finally a true story from a good writer. Anyway, I have to agree with the last comments. I believe the dark shadows definitely represent sadness and the white are trying to deflect that, or protect you in some way. I remember when I was going through a very hard break up and some really hard times, there were always very tall, dark, and scary shadows off in the distance that terrified me and made me feel a lot worse than I already did. The shadows only appeared outside, so as soon as I went inside the feeling went away. Anyway, thank you so much for a well written and true story. You've restored my faith in this site. 😊
Snowcaps01 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
I think that the dark shadow and light shadow is like the devil and god because the devil will always run from god ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Krysteen,
I would say your assumptions are right on the money. The black/dark shadows do appear to have negativitey associated with them in your case, may be even feeding off the negative energy around. I shouldn't worry to much, however, as long as the white shadows of positive energy and light seem to be keping them at bay.

I also agree with your portrayal of it making you smile. It should, you obviously have some very positive energies around you and fighting for you. Don't loose sight of that.

That is not to say that I always feel that all black shadows are negative/dark. I think that sometimes the energy required to manifest causing some changes and they are not always able to control this part of the manifestation.

However, in your case, I would agree that the light and the dark are at very opposing sides.

God Bless!
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Thank you all for reading and commenting.

Eodaj, I don't know that it's my imagination, since other people see them as well. Ever since I opened and slammed closed a door years ago, "I Opened the Door to Demonic Spirits", these shadows have appeared. Never in my life noticed them before that error in judgement. Seems like they had an invitation to hang around. I got rid of the evil... But these things just are present from time to time. Not too scary, just "peeking".

Pixiemel and ChrisB, I guess I should just consider them as "harmless feeders". I don't notice that they help or harm, they just watch me. Maybe they DO take away the upset! Never thought about it like that! Just thought they enjoyed watching the human FREAK out, something for their viewing enjoyment. Maybe it's the other way around!

The funny thing is prior to the life upset that comes, I get a really itchy right palm, become accident prone, and notice the "voyeurs". That's when I know something that changes my life is on the way. Kind of interesting. It's happened so much, that I have learned to sort of sit back and wait for things to unfold, THEN react.

It's comforting to know that others have seen the shadows, and don't feel threatened. Thanks for the input. 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
hello Krytseen. Although you were in stress and these things can be explained you might be opened to these shadows. As you are saying that you are a sensitive person these things are seen by the sesitive. I don't think there is anything you sould be scared of. I don think they will do youy any harm, I liked your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
etodaj (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hello Krysteen. A very interesting story you have here. It must be a fragment of your imagination Krysteen. For instance, you mentioned that you have these shadows darting around you, only when you have an emotional disorder, as in, when you're feelings are mixed, stress at work, breakdowns with relationships. Have you heard of the story 'Wide Sargasso Sea' by author Jean Ryss? Have a look at the book, you will have a better understanding of what is taking place. Anyway I wish you all the best Krysteen. Regards EtodaJ;)
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
i don't think they are from the dark side, I have them too. They seem to have it that its their job to feed from our sadness, like take it away from us. And the only reason why they feed instead of lifting, is so that this negativity doesn't get diverted to some other place but vanishes instead. I am glad they come and eat away my sorrow I know that when they are here I will be fine soon. Its good to know uyou are not stuck w the negativity. As for the white ones they are like a mothers hug... Peaaaceeeee! Hehe:)
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here. I often see this tall black shadow when I am in great stress, he stopped coming around but I saw him a lot when I was inbetween the ages of 9-15. He stopped coming around when I told him to leave me alone, he was starting to scare me to much.
Krysteen (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Thanks, Pixiemel! I don't have any other feelings in my home. No feelings of ghosts, or any spirits. But when I'm having an emotional change of some sort, usually moments of introspection, concern... Here they come! And it's always when I'm sad, worried, or something of that nature. Never when it's good news; only when I'm focusing on the "worry".

I think if I understand WHY they come, I can send them away WHEN they come. I don't intend to "feed" the darker side ANYTHING!
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
i think of mine that yes they feed off bad feelings, but they arent harmful. I think they are here to feed off my negative feelings but ti vanish them. They feed until I am fine and then they go, they never tried to hurt me. And the white ones are there to restore the peace, heal the wounds and purify me and my surroundings... Hope that helps! Thank you for sharing this beautiful story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: