You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Mcloughlin Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

The Mcloughlin Haunting

 

When I was in the 6th grade, I had to go on a field trip to the Mcloughlin House and when we got there, we were just standing outside of the house looking at the graves next to the house of Dr. McLoughlin and his wife. I got this weird feeling of being watched. I looked towards the house and I saw a tall dark figure with white hair. I thought maybe it was a staff person or a tour going through but then I thought "wait that looked like Dr. McLoughlin".

When I walked in the building it was cold but I thought nothing of it and then I saw a picture of Dr. McLoughlin and I got shivers down my spine for some reason. I told my friends-they laughed it off but I could tell they were kind of freaked out.

As we went through the house it was cold and I still felt like we were being watched. Then we went upstairs and got to his room. I didn't want to go in but I was pushed in by one of my friends. Nothing happened but I just felt odd. Maybe I was paranoid or something.

Well about 20 minutes ago, I read a story of girl who wanted to go ghost hunting in the McLoughlin house. I just found out that it is supposedly haunted. I did research and know I have so many questions for the staff at the museum.

Could it have really been Dr. McLoughlin that I saw? Was he watching us? And was I being paranoid or was my instincts of being watched correct?

Other hauntings by NightWrestler

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightWrestler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-23)
I used to live in O.C.Many years ago they had a talk show host who did a show on ghosts. One of the guests was a volunteer from this house. She said that her and a co-worker had some unusual experiences there. I have been there a number of times and now everyone denies that it's haunted. I have felt some cold spots there in the summer when it's hot out.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
HI I think it was Mr. Mcloughlin was wondering what ya'll were doing there, he didn't seem to be bothered that ya'll were there, if so he probably would have showed some kind of sign. Thanks for the story.

~Vicki 😊
wanderer (6 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
I don't think youre paranoid. Maybe the doctor was just wondering what all those kids were doing at his house.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
hey I went on that field trip too. That was so long ago. I also don't think your paranoid. Ghost or spirits are know to return to places where the spent most of their time when they were alive.
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
You're not paranoid I think you saw the Doctor. He's just dropping in, in his old house just taking a look around probably. You have nothing to fear as he sounds peaceful if you go back there. Asking the questions could help you learn a lot about this man and about the hauntings.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
I found this story to be very interesting. I too have never heard of this place before. Is it like a hsitorical museum? I enjoyed reading the history about that place. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
NightWrestler (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
KimSouthO - The McLoughlin house is in Oregon City, Oregon. Yes you can tour his house, not a long tour but you learn alot. I only heard of it because I live in Oregon and his name is The Father of Oregon so yea. And he died of old age at 72.

Thank you so much for your comments.
And ill be putting up a couple more stories when I can.

❤ Michelle
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Where is McLoughlin House? Is it like a museum type tour? I have not heard of it before.

How did the doctor die?

God Bless!
miss_sherbert (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
I don't think you're paronoid, dr. Mcloughlin probally did show up at the house and maybe was there all along but I think you should do some more research on him and maybe go back there with some friends and see if you see him agin!

Thanks for sharing this with yourghoststories

~miss sherbert 😊
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Dear NightWrestler,

You are not paranoid, I believe you did see the Doctor; he was possibly just visiting the vicinity. You know how people like visiting places. I believe your instincts are correct, we all do believe we are watched at a certain point of the day. He is not a malevolent spirit. I advise you be careful of the ghost hunting though.

I enjoyed the story and I hope you write more.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I cannot wait to read your next post. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: