You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts Where My Nan Lived

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts Where My Nan Lived

 

I will always remember Chattersly Court where my nan lived, not only because of the memories but of the experiences when I stayed there overnight every weekend.

It's very hard to explain exactly what the place was like. Inside the building, it was set out like a lovely little street of apartments-it was lovely for my nan and really didn't resemble an old folks' home in the way it was set out but it was so quiet everyone says it's like a morgue. Even in the day nobody came out to talk, it was always so deadly quiet even though there were over 50 people living there.

At nights my nan always sent me down to the room where the rubbish was collected. It was always late when she sent me down so I would toddle off with the bin bags to the rubbish.

Now in the lifts, there was a seat that could be pulled down for the residents to sit on. I remember every time I walked passed the lift, the doors would open and the chair would be up but when it got to the first floor, the chair would be down as if somebody was sitting on it but nothing or nobody was there. You could hear shuffling of footsteps on the balcony's above when you were walking back. That was always very spooky and my nan always believed me when I told her.

The other experience I had every time I stayed was hearing breathing coming from the corner of the front room when I was going to sleep-my nan had a sofa bed so I slept in the front room. Every time I heard it, I would go into my nan's room and check to find it wasn't her... It seemed a bit too close to be coming from another room, but it was never my nan. She was always a very quiet sleeper.

After a few years, my nan moved down to be near the sea and I was old enough to stay in hotels. It always makes me wonder why I'm never scared when I experience these things!

Other hauntings by misfitsdoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, misfitsdoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
This was an intersting story. I agree with Tammy that it is somnetimes wierd to understand why the eyes don't see anything yet we know someone is there. Thyanks again for sharring another great story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-30)
Call it intuition if you may but that is what seems to reassure us about the non-threatening nature of an invisible presence. It may well be either our ability to sense what our eyes fail to see or an unheard message our extrasensory perception receives.

I think what you encountered there was the energy of a past resident who lived in and loved that place.

Thank you for the story you shared-I really enjoyed it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: