You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplainable Events

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplainable Events

 

The next events that you will read here, I personally didn't experience them, my father did and he doesn't even believe in anything supernatural until threw the years it got weirder in the house.

The first happening was before I was even born. My parents lived in the house for 3 years and to make the house much homey they got a cat, Snuggles. This cat would sleep on the bed with them. My dad said that he and my mother were awakened from a very deep sleep by Snuggles hissing and growling at something in the hallway.

My dad looked in the hall way from the bed and saw eyes looking at them, no body; he didn't say if he saw a face, he just remembers the eyes. He got up and went to see if there was an intruder, but no windows were open, doors shut and locked, and no one in the house. He forgot about it until 6 years later.

6 years later, I was 4 years old, my room is across from my parent's room and one night my dad was sitting at the end of his bed (which you can see my bedroom from.) The door was shut, my door knob started rattling and shaking like someone was locked in and trying to get out, the only thing was I didn't have a lock on my door. So my dad thought that it was me so he yelled "Michelle open the door".

Nothing happened, the door continued to shake and rattle. He continued to call out to me to open the door when finally he got fed up and came to the door and knocked. I came running around the corner of the hall. My dad had a shocked look on his face and went pale, he yelled for me to go to my mother, so I did. My dad tried to open the door by using the door knob but it wouldn't open (again I don't have a lock on my door) so he used his shoulder to get in. That worked, and when he got in the room was dark. No one was in it but my dad said that he remembers walking in only 2 feet and feeling a very, very cold spot.

My own personal experience 7 years later Snuggles, our cat, passed away. Not only 3 days later (I was 11 years old) when I walked out of my dads room I looked down the hall and saw Snuggles run down the hall, being sad and young I didn't understand and I ran to go get her and hug her cause I missed her. When I went around the corner she wasn't there and I remembered that she was gone and then I cried more.

2 years after that I was in New York on a school trip when this next event took place. My dad was leaving for work, he remembers walking by 2 backpacks that was full of stuff pushed against the wall, and he went to the front door, set the alarm and looked back in the room and definitely seeing the bags.

When he got home he turned the alarm off and looked in the room, the backpacks were in the middle of the room everything that was inside of them thrown out of it. He thought it was odd obviously so he checked the whole house to see if he left a window open and nothing was out of the normal except the bags. So he called my mom to see if I went over at all during the day (he didn't know that I was in New York by the way, he still doesn't know even though it's been about 4 years). My mom told him that I was hanging with a friend and that I had not been there, so he asked if she was over that day and she said "no, I'm still at work". He cleaned the mess and thought nothing of it.

2 years later while my dad was walking past a mirror in the house he saw in the corner of his eye that his reflection was going the other way so he looked in the mirror and it wasn't him. Then maybe a couple months later he woke up to glass being shattered. He got up immediately and every light but his room light was on (most people might not find that weird, probably thinking 'oh he just forgot to turn the lights off' but if you knew my father, he doesn't just forget something like that, he double checks everything especially before he goes to bed). When he walked in the living room, the TV was on and his chair was rocking. He turned the lights out and went to bed.

My dad still lives in the house, but we've been trying to get him to get it ready to sell but he hasn't done anything. My dad started dating this really religious woman and she got him to use holy water in the house, he did and he says that he hasn't experienced anything weird. And thank you for bearing with me and reading these long stories.

Other hauntings by NightWrestler

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightWrestler, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Wow this was a creepy story. I wonder why everything was so attached to your father? I think your father was getting a little mad not knowing what he was seeing. Not believeing in spirits can be a good thing if you waant to explain something in a logical way. But when nothing can be explained then someone can get upset. I hope to hear fromn you soon and take care
NightWrestler (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hey Guys,
Francois you brought something very important to my story, the last storie I told where my father woke up to glass shattering, well when he went to go look he couldn't find any glass broken at all! And if you would like to talk I believe my email is up on my profile so if anyone would like to go ahead and email me!
❤ Michelle
Marg (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
That was indeed scarey! Alot, of paranormal happenings to place there. You and your father must have been scared alot. And, seeing your deceased cat must have been scarey and sad.🤔
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Dear NightWrestler,

Your story is a wonderful example of a traditional haunting. The Apparitions, glass breaking and etc were all typical descriptions of a traditional haunting. Your house is a paradise for ghost hunters. I reckon your father had knowledge of a passing or of a certain piece of history of the house. I wonder why your father was the victim of most of the haunting.

I wish to talk more about the subject for I wonder how your father's girlfriend drove out the ghost and which prayer or ritual she used. Please keep me posted on the story since I find it very interesting.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
I wonder, was there someone close to your father who had passed before these events began to occur?

I am glad the blessing on the home worked and was able to allow some peace for him.

God Bless!
NightWrestler (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
No my mother never experienced anything!
Thanks you for reading!
❤ Michelle
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Wow, it sounds like a lot of activity was happening in that house. Did you mother ever experience anything? Maybe the spirits were targeting your father for some reason.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: