You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Television Fanatic

Real Ghost Stories

Television Fanatic

 

I recently got married in June of this year. My husband and I went on our honeymoon and once we got back, off to work we both went. Tired and exhausted after a hard day work, I got home, took a shower and headed for bed.

I heard footsteps and assumed my husband had come home from work. Thinking it weird that he didn't come give me a kiss hello, I went out to see where in the condo he was. HE WAS NOT HOME!

I called him to get home because I was scared; he did for a little bit but had a business trip in New Mexico. That night I as I was watching television, the T.V. Turned off. I got up and turned it back on. Seconds after I turned it back on, it turned off again. I got up and turned it back on again. This time it stayed on, but I didn't get any sleep that night thinking that there's some kind of being or power there.

Mid July, I was making dinner. I turned on the stove, put a pan on the stove and while it heated I was chopping the ingredients. All of a sudden the skillet starts moving. I ran out of the kitchen and told my husband to go see for himself. When we both got back, the skillet was not moving anymore. I refused to continue cooking and ordered take out.

The day before yesterday, my husband had already taken off for work. I got up, got ready and went to the office area to grab my I-Pod. I heard footsteps directly behind me so I thought my husband forgot something and came back. As I walked back towards the sound, no one was there. I ran out of my condo and directly to work.

Yesterday, my husband tells me he needs to go run an errand, I say okay. I was on the phone with his mother; I turned off the television and was walking toward the kitchen to grab some water when it turned on by itself. I thought, "Okay I'm not going to think it was a ghost, calm down". I came back, turned it off and headed for bed.

My husband walked in the house 30 minutes later. He asked if I was sleepy and I told him no. I asked him if he recorded new shows of "Intervention" one of our shows we watch together. We both sat down and checked.

He said, "That's weird nothing recorded and it was supposed to".

I told him, "Well the T.V. Turned on a little while ago I thought you were recording something and it came on. He told me that the T.V. Should never come on because it's TIVO and the T.V. Doesn't have set timers. He just looked at me and I looked at him and cried.

I'm tired of this. I don't want to move, this is a lovely home that we are making, but all these experiences scare me. Perhaps this entity, spirit, ghost or whatever wants to play or still thinks it's alive, but I need it to go away and leave me alone.

Other hauntings by monikiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monikiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
KimSouthO gives excellent advice, and I concur with her. I'd try banishing it by invoking the power of Christ. Additionally, you may find that things will quiet down once you have become a bit more settled in your new life. I had a similar occurence when I was 8 mos. Pregnant with my older son -- a poltergeist put on quite a light show for me. Through the years, it has been my experience that this type of activity seems to increase (or appear) during times of high emotion. Congrats on your marriage, and good luck getting rid of your otherworldly visitor!
😊 Lisa
ichigo9813 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
Hi monikiss, I think it knows you scare about that, that's why it keep doing that...
I have also experienced the same thing, about 5 years ago, my TV turned on by itself at midnight and I thought that because it was to old so something wrong with it... I don't experience anything like that from that time until now...
I know this is hard but you need to get over your fear and maybe tell them " I'm not scare of you, stop doing those things"
mlc13 (7 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
i think you are exagerating a little bit. It doesn't sound serious or anything. Maybe if you calmed down a little bit you wouldn't be so bothered by it.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
My mother was busy cleaning our new house when she heard noises in the hallway. Imagine nails being dropped into a paper bag, that's what the noise was. This was the same noise my brother had heard when he was sleeping in his room the very first night we moved in. She was alone when this happened but she's always been brave. She told "whatever it was" not to scare her or her family, that this was the very first house they had bought and they promised to take good care of it. It came to be known that the previous owner of the house, an elderly man, had committed suicide in what is now my brother's room. Luckily, it left us alone after that. I suggest you try the same thing with "whatever you have".
monikiss (3 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
A day before my husband was to propose to me, he was in bed ready to go to sleep and he said he heard the dishes rattle. He went to the kitchen and everything seemed fine. He checked the news for earthquakes (common in California), but nothing. That's the only time he has ever experienced anything paranormal. He has more of a sence of humor with this "something". As some people fear spiders or rats, my fear is ghosts. Things like this happen to me anywhere I move to even at work. I was alone at work (warehouse environment) and saw a man walk straight into a pile of cardboard! The warehouse was empty and I just ran straight to my office. It's not something I want to talk to for fear it might think I'm it's friend and I don't want it to stick around. I'm also soooo scared that if I talk to it, (silly as it may sound) it will answer.
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Ah, mischevious pests. They do like to have fun. I invited some 'ladies' to my home where we had a constant guest. While this is definitely not my field of expertise, I can tell you they used white sage, their crosses and a great deal of prayer, gentle questions and requests (move on, dude) and were partially successful. We ended up adopting the remaining guest, with little other choice. If he changed tv stations, we would all yell, "Put it back!", and, he would. This also worked for the front door, frig opening, etc. Try keeping it on an amusing level, it will make it easier to exist with.
Best of luck and hugs!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
I also agree with KimSouthO, It may just be trying to scare you and think it is fun...

Great Story and Good luck,

Princess123 x
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
i agree with KimSouth, Faith is a strong ally to you when dealing with the Supernatural. Best Wishes 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hello monikiss. It doesn't sound as if you have much of a problem. I would do as Kimsoutho has suggested- he just sounds pesky,that's all. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hi monikiss,

I'm sorry that you are experienceing that amount of fear. If it makes you feel better the entity doesn't sound like its trying to hurt you or your husband it sounds more like its trying to let you know its there... To say hello perhaps. Has your husband experienced anything other than the TIVO not working?

It wouldn't hurt to do a little research on the building also if you still feel threatend by the spirit you should contact your church for help in getting the condo blessed. But I don't think the spirit is evil it sounds like its just wanting to say hi. God bless you and your family.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
It sounds as if you have a pesky poltergeist that thrives on making you distressed. This is what poltergeists do: cause basic mayhem and disorder, just enough to be sure they are noticed and that they get the desired reaction of upsetting people.

Tell it to leave in the name of the Lord. Place a cross in each of the rooms, at least one in each.

Keep us posted,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: