You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadows In The Television

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows In The Television

 

This incident happened late last night around about 11pm. The house and its surroundings were quiet and still and most of its occupants were sleeping except for me and my 3 month old baby boy.

I was in the bedroom with my baby boy, and I had him propped up on a couple of European pillows. As I fed baby his bottle, I noticed he kept looking sideways, over at our television. The television set was not on and Bubs kept smiling and mumbling at the TV with the bottle still in his mouth.

I looked up and over at the TV I could see mine and Bub's reflection on the TV screen, then a reflection, of a shadow-like-person, appeared from behind us and stepped out of view, down towards the left bottom corner of the TV screen.

Our Bedroom is small, with a big four poster bed, a built in wardrobe, my dresser and only enough space to walk to either side of the bed, so I know for a fact, that bubs and I were the only ones in the bedroom at that moment, well, so I thought!

I didn't feel any presence or felt as though someone or something was in the room with us, but when I saw that shadow, I didn't know how to react. I think I first felt shocked to see something there, that shouldn't have been, but then began to relax as I continued to feed Bubs his bottle until he fell asleep

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-27)
Hi all

Hope everyone is fine...

A7XFAN09: This was the first shadow experience that I have had so far.

Tonith: how'd you feel to find out there was a murder in your house? Sounds scary and calming at the same time, knowing she was killed just a few feet away and your baby feels comfortable around her...

Jenniferford: Lol... Anyone would think I was used to all these strange occurances in my life, but still gives me a "Freak out" every now and then...

ZzVaNessAzz: your comment sounds interesting. Nice to see someone you know and feel comfortable around. This is the first incident that I've had with a shadow like character and haven't experienced another one like it since. But my baby still smiles and babbles to all the TVs in our house now... LOL... Maybe he sees something or someone that we can't...

Thanks guys for your comments and suggestions...

God Bless
zzVaNeSsAzz (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-20)
I've had similar experiences but I'm barely 13 so I don't have a child. I was in my room & the TV was off. I looked into the TV & saw my mamaw behind my bed fixing pictures on the wall. She would walk back & forth. She wouldn't look at me but she'd just walk continusly. That's been going on now for at least a year. I don't think the one you & your baby see will hurt you. Well let's hope not. If you're worried, go to sleep with the tv on. That's what I do. I go to sleep watching I Love Lucy which is a comedy if you've never heard of it. Well, I hope it soon goes away or doesn't hurt you or your family. Have a great day & God bless you & your family. 😊
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
Yeah I would have ran out of there so fast, I would have freaked out the ghost. The first time I seen a ghost that I knew was a ghost I freaked out so bad I felt like I was going to die. Good luck with your new ghost. God bless
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
I know reflections can be very deceiving but sounds like you may have seen something you can't explain. Apparently whatever it was meant you no harm. You may just have a resident spirit or one that was passing through. If you felt no bad vibration I wouldn't worry about it. I do think babies and young childen can see what we can't. Our son when a baby,babbled, laughed and cooed at a heating thermostat on the wall of our livingroom. We always thought this odd being that it certainly wasn't colorful or anything a baby would be attracted to. However, a few years prior a woman was murdered about 15 ft. From that wall. If it was her she loved our baby and he loved seeing her. He was definitely seeing something.
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-17)
😢 oh my god, I think I would have ran away crying. That's sounds so scary, have you ever had any other experiences like that?
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
Hi KimSouthO: the tv was off the whole day but it is plugged into the socket, and this is the first time it's happened.

Hi there Hopkirk90: I'm sorry to hear about your sister and brother. It's a nice thought that they're watching over you. I've heard babies are highly perceptive to spiritual energies, but I never would have believed it more so, until I saw that shadow in the tv screen.

Thanks guys for dropping by and taking time out to comment. Hope you're having a good day. God Bless
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I am curious, how long had the television been turned off? Was it plugged in? Is this the first and/or only incident that has occured?

God Bless!
Hopkirk90 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-16)
I have also seen things in a tv screen when it was switched off. What I saw though was a reflection of me, then another identical 'being' wearing different clothes standing near me and moving independently. This happened a few more times. Once it's head reflection was very close to the screen. I went to my mum's room (it was 5am) and the shadow appeared as if it was following me across the top of the stairs (my mum saw the shadow of this, I was too scared when it happened the 2nd time). I thought it was some kind of demon, but it turned out to be the ghost of my identical twin sister, who died before I was born (very early into the pregnancy). I found this out 2 years later, when I got haunted by my brother's ghost who died 4 1/2 months into the pregnancy (I was a triplet 😲).
Spirits often find it easier to communicate through electrical devices, more so if there is moving water nearby (e.g. Underground). We have strange electrics in the house and electrical surges are common. We also have a water network beneath the house (the main water pipe network).
Babies are also said to be highly perceptive to spiritual energies and ghosts. My mum remembers seeing her spirit guide looking at her in her cot when she was a baby, her mum also saw it (it was my mum's grandmother who never got to see her as my mum was born a month late). My mum was an ill baby, so it seems that her spirit guide was watching over her 😐. Since the baby seemed happy with it and there wasn't a horrible feeling in the room, it was probably a friendly spirit or a guide trying to show you it is there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: