You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Presence Of A Man

Real Ghost Stories

Presence Of A Man

 

I lived in Lomita, California from 2003-2005. The day we moved in was a very happy day for my family and me because the neighborhood is beautiful, the people were nice. Hence it's called the "friendly city".

My mother got first dibs on picking her room, then I did and my brother got the third room. The first night spent there my room was very cold all the other rooms were a pleasant temperature morning, noon and night. Except mine was always cold. I thought nothing of it, just thought perhaps since I'm toward the front of the house, it's colder.

A month in the house went by. I got ready for bed and lay down. I felt as if someone was watching me. That creepy feeling you get when you feel someone is looking at you. I told myself, "It's just your imagination, there's no one here".

As I was tossing and turning and couldn't fall asleep, I saw a shadow of a man walk from one end of my room to the other end. I was so scared and had a scream within me I couldn't get out. I was frozen. I couldn't get up. Finally, I grabbed my remote control and turned on the T.V. I jumped out of bed and ran to my brother's room where I spent the next 3 nights.

The 4th night I went back into my bedroom to sleep. As I lay there staring around the room for any abnormalities, I felt a presence of a man. I don't know how I can tell it was a man, but I could just feel him there. I kept repeating in a low voice, "please leave me alone, I'm scared, please leave me alone" as I saw the shadow move from one corner of the room to the other once again.

I told my mom that the same thing happened to me. She told me to light a candle and to tell the ghost to go into the light. She told me that perhaps there is something he wants to tell me. But I don't want to talk to him; I just want him to leave me alone because I'm scared. I lit a candle the next night and he didn't show up that night.

I kept lighting candles every night after that and the rest of my residency there, didn't see him or feel him again.

Other hauntings by monikiss

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monikiss, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Not_scared_anymore (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-14)
heya monikiss.
Good story, just don't run out of candles though. Speaking of which... Can anyone tell me the significance of candles? Is it some sort of ghost repellent. Whats the history behind it? 😕
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Hi,
That Was A Very Nice Story, And I Am Glad
You Are Free!

Thanks For Sharing.

With Care,

Princess123 ❤
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Congratulations on being spirit free! Is your room normal temperature again?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Hi monikiss. Apparently the presence left on it's own, either it found it's way to the light or else it realized that he was scaring you and chose not to. Either way you were free of him.
Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: