You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Three Knocks Of Death

Real Ghost Stories

Three Knocks Of Death

 

This story will be short yet very detailed. It's my third experience to share.

Location: In my room

Year: When I was still in my country

Time: Always after midnight

I am an introvert guy and a nocturnal one. For those who doesn't know what an introvert means, it means "inside" & nocturnal as "night". Due to having no work, I get used to sleeping during the day and fully awake throughout the night. Spending my time playing on Playstation 2 or on the computer. All of a sudden, there are 3 knocks on my door. "Tud..." "tud..." tud..."

The knocking was very clear and loud, with second interval. I thought my mom was awake and wants something from me. So I opened the door and to my surprise-no one was there. So I just brushed it off and continue what I was doing. After a few hours, like an hour or two, I heard the knocking again. I opened and still no one was there. This incident happened a lot of times with a few days interval. Sometimes, weeks will pass until this will reoccur again.

I consulted a friend, a physic, who's studying in University of the Philippines. I called him up and ask him regarding about this "knockings". What he told me, scared me at first. He told me that the meaning of the three knocks was the sign of Death.

I asked him what to do. He told me not to open the door if it happens again, unless someone called my name or answered me. He mumbles some prayer over the phone which I cannot understand. He told me that he put a protective ward on me and that he will consult his fellow questors on my behalf for further findings. He told me also to pray, "Our Father", three times, "Hail Mary" and "Glory be" whenever this incident happens.

This was when I was still in my beloved country. Up to this day, I'm still here, making a living.

Thank you for reading and I hope someone can enlighten me more regarding about this incident. Comments are more than welcome.

Jay

Other hauntings by DUnknown

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DUnknown, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Okay boys and girls, this is to be sung to the tune of "Oh Suzanna"

Oooooh...
I'm Zozo, Zozo,
Zozo the demon clown.
And if you want to see me,
Just bring the Ouija board 'round.
I'll jump out and possess you,
And make you throw a fit.
Gnashing teeth and bloodied fangs,
I'll treat your friends like sh**!
And if you have a yearnin',
To write more of this crap,
I'll set your hair to burnin'
And douse it with a slap!
So don't you mess with Zozo
For he will smack you down
And squash you like the bug you are...
He's Zozo the demon clown!

Jav
(volunteer deputy on zzgranny's 'troll squad')
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
Oh I'm in Puff! Hell, I already wrote the song!
I guess I'll grab it on the way! πŸ˜†

Jav
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
This time I have my guitar with me. I am drinking coronas today.
Puff - Let's rumble

AnDy
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
mappobrah,

"Now Boarding the Magic Bus... All Aboard! The ride starts here...I've STOCKED the BAR, FILLED the HOT TUB... FILLED the GAS TANKS and hired a DJ. The MISS DEMEANOR is NOW BOARDING so we can chase down this 'ZOZO' and 'Crush' him...

ZOZO is reportedly a Ouija Board 'Demon' who has a Negative Agenda... It seems it 'surfaced' back in the 1980's and has become quite the phenomenon... 'ZOZO' may be the product of the 'collective mind' (enough people believe in something and it 'takes form'). It may even be an 'Entity' that 'latched on' to this 'idea' an made itself 'ZOZO' as a means to secure a way of creating an environment it can thrive in.

My personal Opinion is that ZOZO is 'bogus'...an Urban Myth... But that's just My Opinion based on my experiences.

So let's load up the Bus and Take Her for a SPIN!

Puff Bayram
mappobrah (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
does this count when the knocks occur in different times? Or does it simply mean that a good spirit is fighting off a bad spirit? I found zozo while playing the ouija board and summoned coza (or cosa) in need of help would love the feedback!
mappobrah (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
does it count when the knocks occur in different times a few minutes apart? Or does this mean a good spirit is fighting off a bad spirit? I picked up zozo on a ouija board and had to summon coza (or cosa) for help, would love some feedback thanks!
sharmine (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-17)
I can't believe that you used to have the same incident that happen to me... I mean this happens to me too in my own room, and it happens after midnight too. I almost have a heart attack reading this, please trust me I have this incidents too and it's still happening. But the 3 knocks doesn't always stays at the door, it keeps moving. Sometimes in my closet,window,table and once at my door. But at that time I was sleeping when the knocks suddenly awake me. Please help me, what do I do?
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
great stor but you didn't even specified what country did you came from and what year... If you won't be specified just don't mention it...
Mattrius (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Damn. I'll have to nail a notice to my front door and demand that guests only knock twice! 😭

-God Bless, Mattrius
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Thank you, guys, for your responses. All are very welcome. Anyway, FRAWIN, it's okay and I don't mind her posting her story here since it have some relevance to my story. Nevertheless, I'm not offended or in some other way, since I also experienced the technical problem before when submitting stories a lot of times. (you can read them from my other posts) hahaha!

REGARDS EVERYONE!

JAY
MFD (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I think al398247 made an honest mistake, and since she's new to the site, it's understandable that she wouldn't be familiar with the way things are run here.
Welcome al398247!

DUnknown, I've heard of this knocking before as well, and in my opinion, it is just an urban legend. Not to say that someone or something wasn't knocking at your door, but that I doubt that it's a sign of Death. But just to be on the safe side, don't open any doors.;)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Hello again al398247. Since we both agree that your actions were rude we will drop that part of this discussion. You stated that - "As I registered on this website only yesterday I'm quite uninformed". The story submission page and the comment section have guidelines that show what is and isn't allowed on the site, it only takes a few minutes to read these.

Further on in your last comment you stated- "On the other hand I frankly don't think this is a part of your business, FRAWIN, since I don't see why my post would bother you." - The answer to this, yes it is part of my business and let me explain why. The webmaster has designated five or six members of this site as moderators and/or editors, I am one of them. It is our job to monitor the site and to make sure things run smoothly. We have the power to delete comments but we do so sparingly. If DUnknown wishes your comment [and our conversation] removed then it will be done.
Thank you.

FRAWIN
al398247 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
FRAWIN, I agree with you. Thank you for letting me know of the page's open times. As I registered on this website only yesterday I'm quite uninformed. I apologize if I offended anyone with my comment, especially DUnknown.

On the other hand I frankly don't think this is a part of your business, FRAWIN, since I don't see why my post would bother you. If it does bother you, please contact me otherwise. If the owner is/will be bothered with my post in some way, he has the full right to remove it as the story owner.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Excuse me DUnknown. Hello al398247, I think it is quite rude of you to post your story in DUnknown's comment page and then ask for replies. This is his PAGE for comments to HIS story, not yours. The story submission page is open several times a week and you need to catch it open like everyone else, that way you can have your own page. Thank you.

FRAWIN
al398247 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Your story is very interesting. I have a similar one, but unfortunately I can't post it on my profile since that "page is currently unavailable". So I'll just post it here in hope for some replies.

I'm an 18-year-old female university student. Sometime in January of this year I was sitting at home, typing away on MSN. It was a typical weekday night for me - fast food, music, movies, MSN, a pig-sty-like apartment, my anxiety-depression-suicidal-whatever-the... Disorder and alone-ness. I lived at home then; my father (the only other household) was abroad at the time.

Just as I was typing something to my friend, I heard three distinctive knocks on my door. I was so into the conversation that I "jumped" when the knocks distracted me. I quickly went to open the door, and as I opened it I saw no-one. I looked around - still no-one. I think I said something, perhaps called out "Anyone there?" or something along those lines, but I don't really remember. There was no-one. I tried to remember if I heard any fading footsteps or voices, but I was certain I didn't. I closed the door. For some reason I got quite scared. During that week while conversing with my best friend, I told her about my experience. Just then her tone of voice changed and she said "It was a ghost. There's a ghost here in Halifax [Canada, that is] that goes around knocking on doors. If it knocks three times, that'll mean you'll die. Watch out for the other two times." That scared me even more.

I can't really remember now, but I think this happened for the second time. The reason it traces in my mind is because I was thinking of death while having a shower the day the "ghost" knocked on my door for the second time. The third time didn't happen for sure.

Just now I posted this story on Yahoo Answers and got an interesting reply: "The old wives tale says that if you hear three knocks and no one is there, someone you know passed away. My Grandma heard 3 knocks twice in one night at her door and that very morning she got a call from her sister telling her that 2 of her aunts had passed away in the night. I guess it's sort of your loved ones saying goodbye as they pass." The reason I found it interesting is because a couple of months later my grandmother's sister passed. She was miles and miles away in Russia, whereas my father and I were/are in Canada. She was very loved by the whole family and was known for her kind heart. It was a very hard loss.

Anyway, I hope someone will reply to me in regards to this. Once again, thank you for sharing your story! 😊
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
I've been told about these "3 knocks" and that I am not supposed to answer or open the door when I do hear it...

Popular belief is that it is an evil spirit trying to enter one's house... But of course it will not be able to do so without the "permission" of its owner...
MWallace (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
My wife and I have been hearing three knocks in the middle of the night a few times a year for the past few years. It happened at our old house, at our current house, and even on a recent vacation (we were staying in my sister-in-law's apartment in 1,200 miles away).

One time it was so loud our neighbors even heard it. It's usually three distinct knocks spaced about a second apart. Most times it happens around 2:20 a.m. It sounds like someone is knocking on hard wood. The location of the sound is very hard to place. To me, it sound's like it's not quite in the room but not quite outside of the room either.

It doesn't sound scary or malicious. My wife's theory is that it's her mother trying to communicate to her (her mother died 5 years ago).
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hello DUnknown. Yes I have. I have thought about death from every angle possible. What some people would call a second chance, I would call a warning. I still maintain that whenever the Head Honcho up there points to Mr. Death and tells him to go get FRAWIN and bring him home, me or nobody else is going to talk him out of it. So I guess it's just how you look at it. I could be right or I could be wrong- who knows. 😊

FRAWIN 😊
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
back again...
To:FRAWIN; have you thought also that if "it's NOT your time to go" that you go? Or, "it's your time to go" BUT given another chance? 😊
To:myst3ri0usn0is3: well, our house was located in a subdivision, the subdivision was built on an old cemetery (almost anywhere is a common cemetery) 😐
But I wasn't afraid, for I have a strong faith with Him.
Regards,
JAY ❀
myst3ri0usn0is3 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
it could just be your house making noises. How old is it? My house is almost 22 years old and it maked creepy noiuses at night. And for some reason, at exactly 3:00 every night I stay up, the cable goes out. I always hope something evil is not after me and moments later, it comes back on.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hello DUnknown. Not to offend anyone's beliefs or culture but I don't think that there is any kind of prayer, spell, ritual or anything else that can stop Death from taking you when "it's your time to go".
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was very interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thank you for setting me straight, Jay--it was late and all I could think of was Matamoros. At least it was kind of close to Intramuros, and since I read the story when I was about 14 or 15 (more than a year or two ago, as you might guess πŸ˜†), I suppose I was doing well to remember as much as I did. πŸ˜†

Seriously, though, I think it stuck with me because I really enjoy legends, especially those of death omens. Does anyone know who the two old women and the young woman were supposed to be? I know the Celts believed that women were, at different times of their lives, the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone, or Death Crone. I also wonder what their "backstory" might have been in connection with the plague; did they perhaps try to nurse or otherwise help the victims?

Thanks again. I love it when I can learn more, and trust me, I am very happy to have my ignorance dispelled on virtually any topic (except higher mathematics--they lost me at imaginary numbers! 😁)
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Hi guys!
To:bette31; As far as I can remember, it's one of the believes during Medieval times.
To:Brownie09; I will keep everyone posted as soon as I freed myself from tons of paperworks or when the site let's me submit. Hahahah!
To:lilblackpom; This I also encountered and for how many times already. They say that Entities do call your name to get your attention. Take note, entities not ghosts. But I always look around or search where the voice is coming from. Yet, I'm still here. 😊
To:KimSouth0; God bless you too, my friend.
To:Tonith;I'm still breathing... Lol! Expect more to come from me, soon. Hehehe
To:Astral; if my memory serves me right, I've read something about the angel of darkness which brings death on earth, used to go houses by houses, knocking 3 times on their door, those who answered or rather opened their doors, are taken the life out of them thus causing the death plague during ancient times.
To:libertybelle; It's in Intramuros. I've heard of this one too and it's real. As far as I can remembered, there was news published before in one of our local newspaper that a college guy died with unknown cause, nobody knows what happen to him except that the body was somewhat mutilated inside his room by the door. His family & roommates relates that the guy was always talking about someone always knocking on the door during the wee hours of the night.
AS the saying goes: "Believe it or Not, You be the Judge"

Regards,

JAY
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I don't mean to be disrespectful to any cultural beliefs but I wouldn't be so alarmed about the knockings before I first excluded all natural causes. And even after that, I'd try seeing if somebody's trying to get my attention rather than wishing to harm me.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I seem to recall reading a story of "The Three Who Knock," which was, interstingly enough, set in Manila.

If my memory isn't faulty, they were two old women and a beautiful girl, and date back to the days when the Philippines were a colony of Spain.

If I remember the legend correctly, they first appeared during a plague epidemic, and afterward were often seen in the old part of Manila; I think it was called Matamoros. However, supposedly just before the Japanese invasion of the Philippines, they were seen throught the city, knocking on doors of both private and public buildings.

They were, evidently, harbingers of death; I wondered if you were familiar with this legend, or if the three knocks are a variation on the theme.
Astral184 (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Jay, I am familiar with the 3 knocks, I remember my Italian mother telling me about it when I was very young, and it frightened me. I think your friend gave you good advice, and I would follow it. My best regards, and have faith.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I am Eastern European by descent and we have our own harbingers of death. With us its birds getting into a house or trying to get into a house by smashing themselves into glass windows. I don't believe in any of it myself. I am not superstitious at all, never have been because I think it's ludicrous. I think it's really easy to let a culture dictate what you believe regardless of your intellectual knowledge. I don't know if something was trying to get your attention but if it was I don't think it has the power to take your life. If that was the case most people with a paranormal experience would be dead and not able to tell us about it. And we know that isn't the case lol.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
I have never heard of the so called knocks of death, however I realize all cultures have their own beliefs.

Sounds a bit like a Halloween story!

God Bless!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Hi DUnknown. I thought it was 2 knocks to be a sign of death and if you hear someone calling your name, you are not supposed to answer back because you could invite an unknown spirit into your home. This is what I thought. Thanks for sharing your story with us. 😊
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-25)
Thank you for a good storie, Just hearing about the knocks scared me, thanks for sharing that part with us too. IF you have anymore stories please post. 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: