You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Out Of Control

Real Ghost Stories

Out Of Control

 

A few years ago my sister and I just finished watching the movie, White Noise. After watching it, my sister had the idea of trying to initiate contact through a recording device, specifically our answering machine which was all we had. We tried it together, but we couldn't hear anything so we gave up and she went to go talk to a guy she liked outside. I decided to try alone and went into the bathroom. I turned off the light and asked random questions. I was hoping I wouldn't hear anything because I knew there was something in our apartment.

When I played it back, I heard a voice. I couldn't tell if it was a man or an old woman's voice at first; each time I would play it, it kept getting even clearer. It said, "Help me," and asked me why am I angry. I showed it to my sister and she freaked out. We ended up sleeping at our sister's house that night. I kept trying it and got even more messages.

Things began happening at our place, like pictures would fall off the wall at night, this old fashioned stereo my mom got from a second hand store, with the huge hard-to-press button, all of a sudden came on full blast at night when we were about to go to bed. My niece would cry looking at the couch as if someone was there. She always seemed scared of something. And every time I recorded, there were more voices.

I heard a man yawn and cough when I was reading the bible. When I asked how many there were, one of them said seven. There were only two of them to begin with, Gillian and another woman. I found out that they died in our apartment a while back. It was starting to get out of control because odd things kept happening.

Then the thing that freaked me out the most was I kept getting phone calls and messages on the answering machine. They sounded like EVP's. My mom told me to stop. She believed me, she said, but she didn't want to say it out loud when I asked her. She said they know I've been paying attention to them, that's why they're not stopping. I've been told by five psychics that I'm a sensitive and an old soul. They said that I'm a channel and that I should be careful as to not just contact anybody, because I could let the wrong thing in.

I never recorded again. I'm still paranoid when I hear the phone ring and haven't owned an answering machine ever since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, oldsoul21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
If you're still frightened, I would advise having a local priest or minister come out and bless your home. I am not a particularly religious person, but we had some problems with odd things happening in my Grandfather's house, and after the local Catholic priest came out and blessed the house, it stopped.
Alternatively, you may burn dried sage in the house to get rid of negative energy. Many people do this when moving into a new home.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-06)
Hi and thank you for sharring this very scary story with us. I have to agree with DeviousAngel on this one. When we ever contact any spirit the first rule is to respect it. Now there are good spirits and bad spirits. Just like people. If you geta bad spirit mad there can be some realy awful things happening. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi oldsoul21 and thanks for sharing your story with us!

Everyone said a lot so I'm not going to say much! I was just thinking that could you please try to post those evps here? I would LOVE to hear them. Thanks!

Biemaster
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I don't think a person's ability to record EVPs has anything to do with being psychic. The advice you were given "by five psychics" is common sense. How do you know these people died in your home, by the way?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I am certain that so called EVP's or signatures of paranormal can be available in many different forms. It is best to follow what your heart and your head tells you. Also, listen to your mom. She only has your best interests at heart.

God Bless!
oldsoul21 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
lol Thank you Lisa, for you honesty- I hope you will tell me your story. And Anthony, I wish it didn't happen either but it did. I'm a Cree and it's been passed down through my mother's side from her mom and from her mom, etc. Etc. In fact, my great-grandmother (kooh-khum) was- well I don't want to say witch, because that's not the right word, maybe medicine woman I guess you could say. She practised many things and my grandma saw something that scared her to bits apparently. My mom told me that my grandma would tell her things that she had seen when she was little. Anyhow, Angel, we don't live there anymore. I moved out years ago and am now going to college (Woo! I'm lovin' it too!:o) And New Mexico, yeah I have some pretty unbelievable stories that have happened to me and my family. But then again, there's probably nothing too unbelievable for you guys lol. Anyway, meegwetch to everyone for reading and maybe I'll post another story very soon. This one is a premonition though, no spirits. Take care! 😉
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hello, Old Soul. Your mom sounds like a very wise woman! But, then, I think that she told you something that you really already knew.

If your "gut" tells you to stop messing with these things, then you'd do well to listen to it. Intuition is a gift that's designed to keep us out of trouble. Often when we find ourselves in the midst of chaos or turmoil, it's because we failed to listen to that wise, little voice inside us.

As for the other -- your perceived ability to channel -- Honestly, what is the ULTIMATE purpose of using it? To empower yourself? To give yourself a thrill? To satisfy your curiosity? To have a "hey-look-at-me" moment? To try to manipulate the spirit world? If the answer is "yes" to any of the above, then you'd do well to avoid "developing" it. Self-glorification and self-gratification are the worst reasons to ever do anything. Usually that self-interest will get turned around and bite us on the patootie. (Yes, I speak from experience! And thankfully, the bite-marks on my tush have now faded.)

Wishing you peace,
Lisa
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
OldSoul--I've experienced some freasky things in my time but don't have the gift you appear to possess. In my view, gifts aren't asked for, they're given. Contrary to some opinions, I don't believe anyone or anything is served by trying to shut down and pretend a gift isn't within one. If we don't bring a gift forth, it can destroy us. If we bring it forward, it may save us. But as in an artist or dancer or composer, a gift must be trained and disciplined to serve. My thought is that you might want to seek out like-gifted people and learn how to control your gift, so that you may "channel" it to do good on this plane--and for those on another.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
I think that's one of those situations where the loss of control could have been prevented if you had stopped at the first signs. Unfortunately, too many people press the issue and end up in situations like this. I'm sorry for all the things that are happening, but it would be best if you cut off contact with these spirits if you plan on getting any rest and peace around your home. Ask them to leave and tell them that you are sorry you disturbed them. It sounds like they're scaring your niece too.
NewMexicoGhostHunters (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-29)
THAT IS WICKED! I loved your story. It might be the best I have ever read! BRAVO! Keep them coming. Www.freewebs.com/newmexicoghosthunters

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: