You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Am I Dead...?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Dead...?

 

This story is about my mum (Christine) again, but this time I have decided to put the story in Christine's point of view. I am hoping this method will clear up most questions people have.

------

After a tragic accident at work, I was lying in a hospital bed in pain from a major head and leg injury. I felt sleepy and my eyes started closing, when I realized what was happening I opened my eyes quickly and realized I wasn't in the hospital anymore.

I looked around as much as I could (I could hardly move my head) and realized I was just surrounded by white swirls. Standing before me was my mum, this was weird seeing as my mum had died earlier that year. My mum walked slowly towards me and held out her arms, I snuggled into her. I felt warm and safe until my mum pulled away and said:

'What am I doing? Mo is pregnant and needs your help! You can't stay with me you have to wake up and be a brave girl'

(Mo was my sister.)

I smiled at my mum and tried to wake up. As I was being brought back to the hospital room I looked around me and saw a number of nurses with defibrillators. That's when I realized I had died.

After a couple of weeks in hospital I was discharged and went round to see my sister, Mo. She answered the door and led me inside; I sat down on the couch and asked if she would like me to knit the baby some clothes. Mo looked at me with a puzzled expression and said:

'How did you know I was pregnant? I only found out this morning.'

I told her the story of how I had seen mum at the hospital and that she had told me, I also said that mum said it was a girl. Mo just smiled but I knew she didn't believe me.

-------

A couple of months later, Mo gave birth to a little girl, who she named, Nicola.

Christine also fully recovered apart from 2 scars (one on her left knee and one on her forehead.) My mum is also partly blind (3/4), incase anyone was wondering.

Other hauntings by TigerLily

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TigerLily, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

shotgun (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-06)
😊
Cool I like it:D thanks for posting this exp with us or me xD 😜
God bless you ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-22)
Hi Moonshadow: My Dad actually just believes that Heaven really is a 'place on earth'. He thinks that when you feel extremely happy, that's your heaven.
My Mum thinks that might also be true but she, like me, would like to think that there is something else after death. I sure hope so.
And your welcome 😊

Preeti: I think that maybe we all have different experiences once we pass away. I agree that it is a close loved one that usually brings us back for a reason.
I believe that, depending on how somebody acts during their life, they each have a different, personal heaven. That's what I would like to think happens anyway 😳

God Bless ❤
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
hey people you don't know about the truth... It can only happen when we people had a big accident... We see a rainbow kind of thing and going towards the light but the person who loves us a lot stops us in the middle... It means they need us that's why we wake up again... This happened to my dad too... He had a serious accident on his head... It was difficult to recover but within a wekk or 2 he was well... I was very small at that time...

God bless you ❤
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Hi Tigerlily: Yes I definetly think that's how death is when we pass on after experincing it back then I can still rember it all clearly. I somehow don't think that even if we don't believe in wheather we pass on or not dosent mean that we won't pass on anyway I believe that our spirit has to pass on to a higher plane. And I believe that there are severel different planes or levels in the spirit world its a bit hasey in my mind but I feel that I know this I'm sure iv been there before maybe severel times its like when I'm talking or writing about something is sending me the knowledge of it or there's the memory in my subconcious that I know its true... Thanks for your kind words regarding me being still alive your a really sweet person may the peace of the great spirit shine upon you allways take care...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-10)
Moonshadow: Your story was amazing. Thank you for sharing it with me. My Mum believes that if you believe there is something after death then it will come to you. If you don't believe, then that's it. 😕 I'm not sure if this is true. It's just our theory. I hope death is as you described it. It sounds like my perfect heaven. 😊 I'm glad your still with us.

God Bless.
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-08)
I had a accident back in 1990 I was knocked off a bike in a hit and run and I was unconcious for a few minutes the spot where I was hit was accross the road from a bus depot and some of the staff working there came over to me and called an ambulance and tryed to revieve me while all this was happening I was floating above everybody looking down at my body and I could hear everything that was being said I also seen the ambulance arrive and as it did I could feel a pulling senceation I seemed to be rising up higher all the time and moving away from everything and felt a great sence of peace suddenley I felt myself falling at great speed then there was a jolt and I regained conciousness at this stage I was being stretchered into the ambulance the ambulance crew had revived me but I certinaly know that I did leave my body and the ambulance crew verified with me that I was unconsios and they thought I wouldent make it so I know for sure that we do pass on when we die and sometimes if are phisacal
Body can be revived we enter back into it and get another chance... I don't talk about it much now as some people don't believe but I don't mind as they will find out for themselves when their time comes I had the glory of it and won't have any fear when my time comes again I know it trualy happened...
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-17)
ChrisB: I'm glad you also think my mum is special. Thank You. I'm glad you enjoyed reading the story.

SlyGemini10: It is a posibility that my mum hallucinated it. Although, like you said, the baby prediction was what caused us to think otherwise.

Hanbobs: I'm glad you enjoyed reading it. It is very simular, other than the fact my mum wasn't in a 'Race against Death' sort of situation.

Thanks for the comments.
God Bless. Lily ❤
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
You're right Lily, this is very similar to my story! 😁 And I enjoyed reading it. X
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
This story was very interesting. At first I was thinking that you may have hallucinated it (not to discourage or offend you) as that is a common happening after you die and actually it depends on how long your dead. When you first die there is a five to ten minute time period where you can still be brought back alive and the people this happens to usually hallucinate. But when you predicated your sister's baby, that has a little credibility that what you experienced is real.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-06)
Wow that was an very good story. I realy enjoyed reading it. I like Tammy, believe that your Mother is a very special person. Never take that for granted. Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Hi Biemaster, I'm glad you enjoyed my story. I will certainly be entering more stories shortly. (hopefully some about me next time) As I mentioned in an earlier message, My mum is an EXTREMELY extraoridnary woman! 😁
Lily x
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi TigerLily and thanks for sharing your story with us!

This was truly a very beautiful story you shared with us! I agree with Kim that your mother must have truly been an extraordinary woman! Thanks and hope to reading more of your stories!

Biemaster
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi Wildone, Thanks for the comment, as I said before it was an honest typing error and I'm VERY sorry! 😢
I asked my mum earlier if she thinks that was 'heaven' and that's where everyone goes when they die, she said she thinks people who believe there is a 'heaven' then they will go to the place that they believe, but if you don't believe and that when you die, you die, that's it!

Thanks again, Lily x
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
Hi everyone, and thanks for the comments!

KimSouth0: My mum is an extraordinary woman! I'm glad you think so too.

Rhodes68: I'm afraid that was a typing error, I'm sorry about that (Nicola was only 1 week premature) I'm glad you enjoyed the story though. 😊

Thanks again, Lily x
Wildone (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I hope that was a typo too, and that the baby went full term to be born at just the precise time.
Many people have what I call "operating room" closures, where they actually DO die, and are brought back by the staff. I am so glad that your Mum was able to return. I would love to know that is what the act of dying is like. To have our special loved ones meet us at the first chance possible WOULD be heaven.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I hope it was a typing error that in a couple of months after Mo found out she was pregnant, she then gave birth.

If it is a simple honest error then it was a beautiful story that comes to remind us how interconnected these two and yet, different worlds are.

Thank you for sharing.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
What a beautiful story! You mother must be an extraordinary woman!

Thanks fro sharing with us!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: