You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Camping At Omak, Washington

Real Ghost Stories

Camping At Omak, Washington

 

Through out my life, I've had many experiences. Two of my stories so far are: Black Figure on My Ceiling and Ouija Board and Black Lab. I've lived in Sacramento, CA for almost all my life. This next story will be about a family camping trip at Omak, Washington, when I was 17 years old.

Through out our drive for our camping trip to Omak, Washington, my mom felt sick. By the time we reached Omak, Washington, I couldn't wait to explore our campground. I was so excited. We were camping at an Indian Reservoir (Indian Land, but I'm not Native American, I'm Asian). My mom was still feeling sick, so I helped out the family with setting up and starting dinner.

After we cleaned up and everyone of my family member got ready for bed, my siblings didn't want to sleep in the tent, so they decided to sleep in the van (I have 3 older sisters and one younger brother). I decided to sleep with my parents in the tent.

Well that night after everyone fell asleep, for some strange reason I could not sleep. I kept tossing and turning in my sleeping bag (my parents took the west side of the tent and I took the east side of the tent). For some reason I kept on hearing a water stream running and it was so loud I couldn't sleep (keeping in mind there was a creek about a half a mile way) and why did it sound like it was right beside my ear?

I turned to lay on my right side, back facing my parents (there is a big gap between my parents and I). When all of a sudden I had the strangest feel, my behind (butt) started getting really cold. I started getting goose bumps. So I decided to turn my head to look towards my parent's direction, and that's when I saw it. There was a Native American dressed like they did in the olden days, squatting right behind my butt! He had some kind of leather flap that covered below his waist, long black hair, white line markings below his eyes, some sort of band around his head, and he wore a leather necklace pouch around his neck. He was just sitting there staring at me. I was so scared I took my sleeping bag and covered my head. I think it must have been 5 or 10 minutes before I decided to remove it off my head. I looked, and he was gone, so I know I saw a ghost. I forced myself to fall asleep.

The next morning I overhead my parents talking. My mom was telling my dad of a strange dream she had. She told him, "I dreamt of an Indian Medicine Man last night". My dad said, "Oh yeah, what happened in your dream?" My mom said, "He came to give me some medicine because I wasn't feeling to good." My dad's reply was, "Oh, I wonder what that means?"

That's when I jumped into the conversation and told them what I saw last night. I told my parents I was so scared, that I didn't even move until morning. My mom told me, "do not to be afraid, he did not harm you and he was here for me." I was thing, "Yeah right, easy for you to say; you did see a ghost right behind your butt." But off course, I did not say it to my mom.

A day or two had passed and my mom felt 100% better (that's what she told me). What I don't understand is why would he make himself visible for me to see, when it was clear he came to my mom's aid.

Thanks for reading my story.

Other hauntings by tkkchang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tkkchang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
It was not a man made lake. It was more like a clear running river. And yes, my mom did feel better. I didn't get to ask her what he looked like though. I just told her what I saw.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
That's a great experience, tkkchang. Thank you for sharing it with us. Did you get any details from your mother's dream like whether the Medicine Man said anything or resembled the one you saw squatting next to you? I find the sound of water curious. In your mother's dream did he perform a ritual involving water? Also your camp site next to a man-made reservoir? A lot of earthmoving goes into damming waterways to construct an artifical lake. I wonder if what you heard could have been the sounds of an earlier stream that was covered over or dammed when the reservoir was constructed--perhaps one that this kind Medicine Man lived along.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-16)
Wow this was an a great story. Did your mom feel better after the indians visit? Maybe he wanted to help. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
aramos (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
wow that was a great story, I'm actually from WA. I've never been camping in Omak, but I've driven through it. It gave me an eerie feeling now that I think about it. Either way, great stories, I hope to hear more from you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: