You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Board And Black Lab

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Board And Black Lab

 

This story took place in Sacramento, CA. I was around 16-17 years old; I was really into playing the Ouija Board. I got so addicted to it, that I would even dream of playing it alone (which I knew better not to ever play alone).

Well, one night I was at my friend's house playing the Ouija Board not realizing what time it was. By the time I got done playing it with my friend, I realized it was close to midnight. I said my good-bye and was on my way out the door. She lived about a half a mile from my house.

I was taking a short cut through a vacant lot carrying the Ouija Board on my right side on my arm. I may have walked for about 5 minutes, when I noticed a black lab walking right beside me to my right side. It was probably a foot away. I kept telling it, "Shoo, go away". But it didn't leave. So I decided to walk a little faster. It had walked me all the way home. By the time I got to my door, I had turned around and it was gone. I looked on the side walk to my left then right. But there was nothing there. I decided to leave my Ouija Board outside that night, on my front porch. I was a little spooked out.

Can someone please explain to me what they think it maybe? Was it a guardian walking me home or was it something else?

Other hauntings by tkkchang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tkkchang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

alien11able (9 posts)
-2
10 years ago (2014-06-14)
The black lab was probably still around even though you didn't see it. A "black" dog is difficult to see in the dark and it was night when you walked home. If this "lab" was something more than just a canine, then be warned. The black dog is a symbol for a demonic presence more than likely attached to the ouijia board. Have nothing to do with the board!
aman_yooo (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
An ouija board is always bad news if you are inexperienced in handling it, it may cause you great harm
butterfly6677 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-09)
I had a dog. And from what I believe
He was very spiritual. Something in the lot next door freaked me out and every time I get scared he always used to be there well he died
2 years ago I believe he's still here. Why because I always see him and I always feel safe. 😳
PrincessR (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
What happens if you play the ouija board alone? I have heard people say it was dangerous but what happens?
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-07)
i think that black lab tried to protect you...
There's a saying that animals and children are sensitive to the paranormal world...
That dog probably tried to protect you from something that wanted to hurt or bother you in some way...
After using the Ouija board, you could have drawn an entity to yourself...
Anyways, just be happy that the dog protected you...
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
Dogs usually fade away not just disappear that quickly if they are a spirit. You may of just picked up a black lab walking home, one that was just kind of wondering around and wanted company for a little while on his rounds. Then when you reached home, may of just went on it's way. And being black, how could you see it in the dark!
EllyElmo (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
An ouija board is like a board game but this contacts the ghosts/afterlife. I wouldn't recommed that you use it, Lukeyboy, because it is VERY dangerous and death has occured after use. My father used it when he was a silly teenager, and now I feel I have someone unpleasant with my 24/7. You have to have a group of people, a glass, and letters of the alphabet around the glass and the glass will move when you ask IT a question. I know this because my Dad has told me about it, and he doesn't want me to use it. The reason for this is unknown because he refuses to tell me, so in this case I reckon it ain't good. You're very stupid if you use a ouija board. 😐
Elly
X
lukeyboy (2 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
Ive never heard of an ouijia board what is it, what does it do and where can I get one?
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-12)
Hmm. I don't know if your dog was real or not. Sure seemed real until you get to the part where it disappeared fast. They are simply not that fast. Cats are but not dogs. I don't know if it had anything to do with the ouija board and I have a whole different take on them then most people do. I do know that kids are highly suggestible and some are also highly obsessive. All this aside maybe giving up using the board will stop all this. Playing with it may be causing your paranoia. Not saying what happened to you isn't legit just saying it may have a reasonable explanation other than the paranormal.
ElektraXox (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-11)
i enjoyed your storie, and you might have heard this already but the Ouija bored isn't really a good thing to play with. That dog might have been your angel protecting you from some even worser danger the ouija bored was going to bring you. It was probably just taking care that no harm was going to get to you because of the ouija bored and it walked you home. If you get to addicted to the ouija bored it will only bring you bad luck I suggest you don't play it that much and speacially by yourself.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-11)
I'm a little confused by your suggestion that a black lab was walking along with you and you didn't realise it right away. Labradors are heavy and clumsy dogs meaning that when they walk you can hear their nails scratching the ground as the shift their weight from side to side. Let alone that their loud breathing noises can be heard even more. Then again, what if there was a dog you strangely didn't perceive because let's say you were caught up in your own thoughts... Why would you think it was paranormal?
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
It just disappeared, once I got to my door. But I could also be paranoid.

When I was at my friends house, I believe I only quit the board when It went crazy. What I mean by that is, It started to make a number 8 with the pointer and yes our hands were on it. It stared going faster and faster, to the point that we deceided to drag it to good-bye.
HateRequiresLove (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Yet, (Sorry for double posting) did it JUST dissapear? Or did it firstly even look at you?
HateRequiresLove (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
I'm guessing a guardian. I have had a couple following me, I fell off my bike once, it just picked me up and put me down and it lifted my bike up and left, I was REALLY scared, so I just decided to go home, the next day I walked around there was NO blood, even though I bled quite a bit... If you have a guardian you are a very lucky person.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
I agree with Kimo on this one. A little more detail is needed if you want us to help you out on this one. But It is a little of a mystery that a dog fallowed you all the way hoem. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I think that Dog try to protected you late at night when you kid go out at late at midnight and it walk you safey.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
It was mostly likely just a dog. I've had animals follow me home a few good times. Think nothing of it. If your going to post future stories, experiences with your board would be interesting.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I agree. Unless there are other details you did not mention, there is no sense making more out of this.

I would caution you, ouijia boards rarely have a happy outcome in the end.

God Bless!
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
It could have been just a lab. But, I still don't understand, why did it walk me home then dissapear? Why didn't I see it when I look to my left and right on the sidewalk?
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-09)
I think it was a Black Lab. After all, they are a friendly dog. Unless there is something that you have left out, it was just a dog.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: