You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My First 13 Years

Real Ghost Stories

My First 13 Years

 

This story took place in W. Sacramento, CA. I had practically grown up in this home from ages 1-13 years old. Sorry, my story is a little long. Hope you enjoy reading it.

I had always been afraid in this home, but it was all that my family could afford at the time. Growing up had been very hard. My father started changing; he was becoming very abusive and drank all the time. He would come home intoxicated and become very abusive towards the family. He also started cheating and not come home for days.

Between the age of 4-5 (as far as I could remember) I remember waking up one night with the bedroom door wide open. I was lying there looking in the dark hall way, I started hearing a lot of whispers coming from the hall. I tried waking my younger brother up (he was lying beside me) he was around 2-3 years old, but he fell back asleep. I was so scared. I plucked up enough courage to jump out of bed and to run and close the door. I fell asleep with the lights on that night. Other times when I wake up in the middle of the night the door would be wide open again and I would see a shadow towards the living room with a bright glow around it. The shadow looked like a shadow of someone in the army or something and on its shoulder was a shadow of a rifle (I have seen this shadow at night on many occasions in the living room in the middle of the night).

I would sometimes wake up with my necklace wrapped around my neck so tight like it was choking me. Everyday I had the feeling of wanting to die at such a young age, which until this day I could not explain.

When I got a little older, 8-9 years old, my oldest sister who was around 15-16 years old, started getting very sick. She vomited all the time and was on bed rest. She notified my mom one day that, while she was lying in bed, she saw 3 shadows all around her bed, pulling her blanket. She started getting bruises all the time on her body and scratches. It got so bad that my mom had asked a monk to stay with us. He ended up sleeping in her room and my older sister bunked with my second older sister. He lived with us for about a year or so. Things started getting better. My oldest sister got better also.

Years passed, we moved. Once we left that place, my father was a father again. He did not drink anymore and was a very mellow person. It was as if he did a 3-60 and turned around as if nothing had happened.

Till this day, I'm now 31 years old, I still have nightmare about that place.

Other hauntings by tkkchang

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tkkchang, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gHosTmAgneT_03 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-09)
wow... I'm 13 right now and I'm quite experiencing something like that only I'm the only one who could experience it in our house... 😊 I kind of relate to your story but we're not that similar... 😊
tkkchang (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
Reply to Kuehnau:

Just fyi... My sister is the only one who got sick in the house, she becamse very weak and had to go through many surgery's. My knowledge is that they (spirits) pray on the weak. She was a very weak person physically and mentally.

I didn't mention in the story about what they whispered. I could have sworn that I hear it whisper. Get her, as if they were disputing amoungs themselves on who would get me first. But I was a child at the time. What do I know... But I also understand your point.

Thanks for your response. 😕
Angel1 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
This story sounds similiar to mine, only I didn't want to die, I knew God exists and that everything would be ok.
Kuehnau seems to think it could be a psychological reason to these occurences.

I'm sorry you had to experience this as a child.

I'm glad it's over now.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-05)
I understand about being afraid, I have lived in a previous home that simply put off a bad vibe. One bad enough everyone could feel, not just me. Just like you, there wasn't much to be done at the time and we had to just deal with it

Whispering could have been a lot of things, since sounds are very complex. The list for what it could have been could be almost limitless. Along with that shadows can be really tricky sometimes. A shadow that appears to be a man, could simply be a displaced object casting off a shadow at a weird angle. I am unable to dispute glowing shadows though, I have no idea what that could be.

I used to have the same problems with having wound up necklaces in the morning. That is why you generally shouldn't wear jewelry when you go to sleep. Chances are you tossed and turned and cause it to become tight on your own.

I am glad your sister got better. We had a similar problem in another home. As it turns out, the repair guy installed a ventilation shaft improperly in our home and instead of expelling carbon monoxide, it was actually putting it back into our home. We were getting really sick for awhile until we found out what was causing it and had it fixed.

People can change, there is all sorts of reasons why you father acted like he did and then changed. I know that a lot of parents like to keep their relationship and their family separate from one another. I didn't know nearly as much as I thought I knew about my mother and father until later on in my life.

Regardless of what it was, I am glad to read your life changed for the better, as that is something anyone should be able to ask for. Thanks for the story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: