You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Overbearing Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

The Overbearing Shadow

 

I want to share my story with you guys. Well, here goes.

I remember this like it was yesterday, although I don't remember every detail. This happened about 4 to 5 years ago. It was me and three ("M", "T", and "S") of my cousins. The story behind it is my cousin "T"s husband died in a car accident. She was picking him up from work when they got into an accident. He was already sick and the car was a really small car. Not to mention he was a really big guy. When they got in the accident he died from him having a fever of 105 or something like that. Well she took this very hard. So one day, being the weirdos that me and my cousin (m) are, we decided to see if we could talk to him.

We heard that if you write down a question on a piece of paper, the person the question is intended for will answer the question. Well, we decided to try it (not thinking it would work). My cousin had a really, really, really, dark room when the lights were off, door closed, and curtains drawn. My cousin (m) and I always talk about scary stuff like ghosts, death, and just other crazy things. The nights before this, we couldn't sleep. Because we were so scared, we had to sleep during the day.

An overview of the way her room was set up. When you walk in, to the left of you is a big dresser with a mirror and the TV. To the right of you is another big dresser with a mirror on it. Straight ahead of you is a dresser drawer unit with the three drawers and the little doors that open for more space for clothes (I forgot what it's called). A closet to the left of that, and the bed to the right. The bed is against the wall the window is on, and then there is the door next to the bed that leads to the porch.

Anyway back to the story. I was sitting with my shoulder against the closet, back is against the dresser thingy. "T" was sitting next to me, then "M", then "S", with her shoulder against the bed. We got a piece of paper wrote the question on the paper, said our person's name (who I will not say because of the second experience I had with saying his name... Which will be another story) three times, and tossed the paper in the air. Wouldn't you know, the paper landed RIGHT BY MY FOOT! We waited. Not even 5 seconds after tossing the paper and saying the name, a large, very dark shadow approached. The shadow was at the end of my foot. Now remember the room is pitch dark but the shadow was an even darker blackness. I don't remember being cold or any such thing. Well after not being able to take the "scariness" of it, we moved. The shadow disappeared. We turned the lights on and read the paper. The question we wrote was "do you forgive me?" for the simple fact she blamed herself. And as I write this I get that feeling that makes your eyes water. The answer we never expected: Its not your fault and it trailed off but we knew what it said. I was so amazed that it actually worked.

My cousin "T" did not believe us. She said we did it, but it was impossible. We were all holding hands. She didn't see the shadow. She was the only one to not see the shadow. We don't know why she wasn't able to see the shadow either. The handwriting was very shaky too. It was so weird and interesting but that was the last time it worked. We tried it again with my cousin "M"s parents, but it didn't work. And I tried it again with my friends and nephew, and his friends, but I don't think they truly believed in it, and that's why it didn't work.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, iibelieve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cassie00 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
This was a really amazing story. When will you write antoher story. I would be scard myself., expecially if I seen a really dark shadow. Well keep in touch with me about your stories. 😁
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Don't go messing with things of the supernatural unless you are prepared to reap the outcome. This isn't a game, these things out there, they really exist. Good and evil, Kind entities, and nasty ones... They can do all kinds of things to make you run screaming. Be careful, and THINK FIRST, before you make any decisions. Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
well, people who don't believe in spirts/ghosts may have not had a third eye to see as a open mind that believe things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: