You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Spirit Of Chloe In Marietta Ga

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of Chloe In Marietta Ga

 

I work in a warehouse in Marietta, GA. It is in the area near the intersection of Sandy Plains Rd and Canton Rd. Several of the employees have seen the spirit of a young girl moving through our facility. One employee said for some reason they believe the girl's name is "Chloe", but that's just a feeling they get.

We were just wondering if anyone had any information linking the spirit of Chloe to any true stories in our area. We've done internet research and the only Chloe we can connect to spirit sightings is in Louisiana.

We have had a civil war buff tell us that during the civil war, there was a hospital located on the property. We don't know if this has any connection to Chloe, but we have had sightings of what people have described as "soldiers" or people looking like they are from the 1800s.

Chloe is a friendly spirit, sometimes playful, running through the racks and hiding in corners. We believe her to be approximately 10 to 12 years of age, long blonde hair and always wears a long dress that would indicate 1800s or earlier. We have adopted her as our own, but we are very curious if there was a Chloe for real. We would appreciate any help anyone can give us on this one.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, katgram1013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

loublaze (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-08)
Interesting story! I have an intriguing story myself about a ghostly girl I encountered on cherokee st close to the Marietta square. I posted the story on this website as well.
katgram1013 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
raincolor, I'm very familiar with the story you are referring to. It is that of Mary Phagan. She is buried in the Marietta Cemetery where all the Confederate Soldiers are buried. The warehouse she worked in was actually a pencil factory and it was located in Atlanta. The man accused of her murder was Leo Franks, who was hung for the crime over on Freys Gin Road, just across the street from "The Big Chicken". Years later he received a pardon for the crime, posthumously, of course.
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
This is off topic, but this story bears strange resemblance to the story in the musical Parade by Jason Robert Brown.

In the musical, a young girl is murdered and a Jewish man is wrongly prosecuted and put to death for the crime. It's based off a true story and even takes place in Marietta, GA -- which is what drew my attention in the first place. The even more coincidental thing is that the little girl worked in the Jewish man's warehouse and was murdered there.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a correspondence? It's farfetched, but I thought it'd be interesting to mention:)
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Looks like you did some research but it's very hard to confirm a certain person having once lived there. She could have been the daughter of a doctor maybe that would be a good place to start looking. They may actually have the names of some of the physicians that worked there in town records. Be glad she is a good ghostie. I often wonder how they get stuck in these places? Why she would not want to find her parents or siblings? The place must have had some happy memories for her and she is not ready to leave. These are the spirits I would love to see being helped to go to the Light. It may be selfish to want to keep them around when they should be moving on. On the other hand if they don't want to leave you can't make them either. They have to be convinced to move forward since they may not realize they are even deceased.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Well, if there's a Chloe ghost, then there probably was a real Chloe! It's possible that she may have been the daughter of one of the soldiers who died in the hospital there. Perhaps you might be able to look up the obituaries, death records or census records in your area? Thank you for sharing your story!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: