You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Suffering Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Suffering Spirits

 

When I was eight years of age my father joined the military. My family and I left Austin, Texas and moved to Vilseck, Germany because my father had to be stationed there. We settled into our new home and everybody was happy especially my brother and I because we never encountered snow before and it was snowing outside. It was early in the morning and after eating breakfast I asked my mother if me and my brother could go outside and play in the snow. After she said yes we went outside and around to the back of our house were there was a playground.

We started having snowball fights and playing tag when I suddenly tripped and fell. When I got up I got a strange feeling, more like an urge to turn around and face our house. I turned around and to my surprise there was a dark black figure in my room on the 2nd story looking out the window as if he was watching me and my brother. I stood there trying to figure out what it was that I was looking at when I heard my brother say," What is that!" I asked him if he could see it too and he said yes. The figure looked like a dark shadow and the more we stared at it the more we started to become frighten.

My brother and I started to run towards the house and the closer we got to it the more scarred we got because that thing was still at the window. We ran around the house, busted through the door and into the living room were our mom and dad was sitting watching TV. We tried to explain what happened but it was hard to describe exactly what we saw because we never seen anything like that before. My father went upstairs to check my room out as we waited at the bottom of the stairs. He came back out and said that there was nothing in there. Then we told him to check every room, but he still did not find the shadowy man.

That night I was still spooked about what I had seen with my brother. There was no way I was going to sleep in my room after what I had witnessed in there. I ended up falling asleep in my brother's room. It was hard for me to fall asleep because my brother, who is only two years younger than me, kept asking me if I was still awake. He was still pretty scared of whatever it was that we saw.

I ended up falling asleep only to be shaken awake by my brother. He looked completely freaked out and he told me that he saw a huge black bat flying around in the room! I believed him of course and got up out of bed. We ran to my parent's room and woke them up telling them that there was something in my brother's room. My dad went to check it out but found nothing and my mom stayed with us in the room comforting us until we felt better. When she left we tried to fall asleep.

This time my brother ended up going to sleep and I was having trouble doing so because I kept getting the feeling something was watching me, but I didn't want to open my eyes and check. I gathered up enough courage to open my eyes and when I did I saw that same dark figure from before but this time he was flying around the room in all different directions! I was just laying there wanting to scream for my parents but just as I was about to the thing flew out of my room and out of sight.

Since that night all sorts of strange things would happen in that house that were unexplainable. One day my brother and I were in my room playing Nintendo when the TV just turned off by itself. My brother got up and turned it back on, but before he could sit back down, it turned off again. He turned back around and went to switch it back on and before he could even try it turned back on by itself.

We looked at each other puzzled when all of a sudden my brother screamed, "Look!" He pointed towards the doorway and when I turned around I saw an elderly woman who was sitting in a wheel chair. The woman looked very old and in terrible shape, her legs were missing like they were amputated. She was wearing a nightgown and it looked like it was blood soaked. She looked as real as any other person. She was trying to tell us something but when she would move her mouth nothing would come out. I wanted to run but she was blocking our way out of the room. We stood there looking at the woman for a good 20 seconds and for some reason we weren't afraid of her. It was like she was asking us for help or something.

Then the lady stopped, turned around and pointed to the hallway, and right in front of our eyes this cloud of smoke appeared in the hallway. The cloud started forming itself into the dark shadow man. He started to walk toward the woman and we started to scream for our parents. Then the shadow man seemed to grab the woman and when he did they both just vanished. Till this day I feel like the shadow man was keeping this old woman captive. I think she was asking us for help. We never saw the woman after that.

Another day my father walked into my room when I was playing my Nintendo. He asked me if my brother and I were still seeing strange things. I answered him yes and he told me he believed me. Soon after that we moved to an apartment for another year. We stopped seeing the shadow man. Then we left Germany and moved back to Texas. When I got older, 19 years old, my father and I were watching a horror movie called The Thirteen Ghosts. When the movie was over my dad asked me if I remembered the house that we used to live in Germany. I said yes, of course, why?

My father said that one night while he was just about to fall asleep in bed, he felt something grab both his ankles, raise his legs up in the air, and slam them real hard down on the bed. When he looked around to see what was going on, he could not figure out what was happening. He said that even my mom would be woken up to the slam of his legs. This continued for several nights until one night after his legs were slammed again, he said he opened up his eyes and saw the most terrifying thing he ever laid eyes on. My dad said we saw a black shadowy figure standing at the foot of his bed grabbing his legs, making strange noises. He said he could here echoes of a woman screaming in what sounded like German language. When he sat up in bed the shadow man disappeared.

My family and I had many more encounters in that strange house, even my mom. I've tried to make sense of it all, but what I think is that the shadow man was probably more like an evil entity that was holding human spirits captive, torturing them. My brother says he even saw the spirit of a little boy with what looked like a bullet hole in his eye. That house was a very old one. It's been there since the 50's, God knows what happened there. Sometimes I have nightmares about the shadow man. It seems he still haunts me to this day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DoctorSinister, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Chad89 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-23)
I lived in vilseck for awhile too. My family and I had some terrifying experiences there, a little to much to explain. We also lived on post. It always seemed as if someone was watching us in our house there. It was very seldom that we all sleep up stairs, we sort of just didn't do it. My daughter recently told us about a shadowy figure she only saw once, which had woken her up by a flapping noise. She had followed it downstairs, it went outside, but she came and woke me up. I wish I could explain more but it is very difficult. The shadowy figure is still there.
TwistedWispersNeko (3 stories) (90 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
I'm planning a trip to Germany... If you remember exactly where it is, I would like to see if I could check it out?
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
I've seen the black shadow entity face to face and it was terrible. Your story is pretty wicked. One of the best on here. The spiritual things may not be connected to WW2 at all.
ghostsarereal2 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
Thats really freaky! I don't blame you for not sleeping in your room! At least your not seeing things anymore. I'm happy that you guys got out of there before it got any worse. God bless. ❤
JenShu (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-28)
Hi, I am in Vilseck, been here on two separate tours... I have also had a lot of crazy things happen, especially when I lived on post, after visiting the Langenbruck cemetery. (several years ago) We visited a castle close to Weiden last weekend and I had a lot of things so up on my photos in this one cellar which kind of sent me on an information hunt. I just googled to find any other interesting stories and your entry popped up. I was just curious, where was it that you lived?
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I wish I knew the history of the house but I don't think I can help you here. But history has its thing that it drags its tail to the time of present. In Germany people seem to forget what that country went through at the end of the second warf. Please forgivr me. I'm not trying to protect the country but I'm trying to nprotect the people nfrom that country. You see after the war nothing was left of Berlin. But honestley tey went through hell too. We must remeber that on war both sides loose. Maybe the lady you saw was part of the war. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I have to say that this was an encrediblke story. Just reading it gave me gooosebumps:) There are times that we don't know what to expect. But in those times we should learn how to react. And when we learn more the more we are safe. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
my hubby was in Germany. Weird stuff happened to him. Good luck to you in the future!
DoctorSinister (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
That is good information libertybelle, very interesting! It seems Vilseck is full of cruel history.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
I just did a quick look-up on Vilseck.

The site dates clean back to the year 910, when a watchtower was constructed there, so we're talking about well over a millenium of history.

The Army post was actually a German Army post in World War II, and before that the town had been pillaged in the 30 Years' War during the 1600's as well as having suffered from an outbreak of the Black Death (this is said to have happened in the 1600's as well).

So, while I still have no explanations to offer, DoctorSinister, I suppose that it might be more surprising if the area was NOT the site of a lot of activity.

I wonder if the lady was a victim of a possible air strike?
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Quite a chililng tale, DoctorSinister.

Since the house only dated back to the 1950's (my birth decade, by the way, and I don't consider myself to be 'very old' 😆), I wonder if what you saw didn't go back farther than that, especially since you describe the housing area as just generally haunted.

Perhaps it was the scene of some awful occurrence from World War II or even earlier.

Either way, it's pretty frightening.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
My husband was in the military before we got married and he as well was stationed in Germany. He also has a few tales to tell. He is very sceptic 🤔 at everything and still he says that a lot of things that happened even in their bunker he could not explain. Germany has a lot of history a lot of lost souls and in a very bad way. The entire land it's self holds many stories to tell.
Thanks for sharing and welcome!
Karahh (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
😭 --aaaaah that's scary! Poor u! 😨 that is just scary omg!: (: (: (
DoctorSinister (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
I've alaways wondered about that house's history but never did anything about it. Many of the houses in that military housing community were haunted. I had a friend in school who's house had spirits in it too.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Wow...that's crazy. I might be interested in looking up the history on that house if you can find out anything, although it might be difficult now that you've moved. I'm glad your family is safe. It sounds like you may be right in that the negative or evil spirit may have been trying to keep the other spirit (the woman) from telling you something important. Perhaps he was imprisoning her there.

Warmest blessings,

DA
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
wow that is pretty intense. Do you know anything about the area/house? It might be worth researching a little.

Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: