You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Feeling, Seeing And Suffering Sleep Paralysis Again

Real Ghost Stories

Feeling, Seeing And Suffering Sleep Paralysis Again

 

It's been a very long time since I posted on YGS. I don't expect any comments but any are welcome.

Sunday 18th November. After an almost relaxing Sunday, cooking, cleaning, I called it a night about 9pm. I pretty much knocked of straight away, but I had a very restless night in that I kept waking up, twice due to thirst and a couple of times because I could hear someone walking around the plant pot in my bedroom, a gentle sort of shuffling. I actually put it down to tiredness; however every time I awoke it was to the sound of someone gently shuffling around the plant. Listening to this shuffling I think I eventually knocked of around 11:30pm.

I woke up again unsure of the time and my partner was closing the bedroom door. I am assuming my brother must have come around and so not to disturb me he closes the bedroom room. I was woken again and my partner was opening the bedroom, my brother had gone home. I sleep with my bedroom open. I remember my partner giving me a kiss and that's it I was asleep again. Now I don't sleep on my back as I went through a period where I suffered sleep paralysis. I know I was sleeping on my side. I was half asleep and half awake. In this half-awake / sleep state, I saw my partner come back into the bedroom, lift the duvet put it back on me covering my head as well, the next thing I saw / felt was who I thought was my partner was a dark silhouette of a man trying to kiss me with the tongue of a reptile (that is the only way I can describe it). Sleep Paralysis, you think you are shouting out normal words, but we all knows the cry for help is a muffled alien language which is what I was shouting. I was gently woken up by my partner, who patted me back to sleep. And might I add he took the mick out of me his morning.

I have not heard / felt / dreamt or suffered sleep paralysis in a very long time. Is's quite bizarre really. I have even been seeing things from the corner of my eyes. Dark shadows that quickly float past. Even the presence of someone in the bedroom has just started recently. Day or night I feel, see and hear.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
CRS1331, The slamming back into your body is normal. You can learn to enter more gently, luckily for me I had a guide to teach me how to do just that. Maybe over time you can figure out what works best for you, so that it won't be quite a jolt upon returning. Or if you have a guide, perhaps you can ask them to show you how to ease back in.
crs1331 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
I have suffered sleep paralysis only twice in my life and both times it was a warning of impending death of a loved one. I literally felt that the hallucination was death itself. Shortly after first the episode my grandmother passed away, and shortly after the second episode my uncle passed. I also astral project and sometimes when this happens I feel that something else is trying to occupy my body while my spirit is away and my spirit literally slams back into my body when this happens. This could be a warning to you from beyond.
TalonWalt (3 stories) (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-16)
Sleep Paralysis does not (always/usually) entail visions/hallucinations. I have dealt with SP since I was 17, and have only had 3 hallucinations. And it isn't a form of astral projection, or an OBE. It's merely the transition state between wakefulness and rest. The 'being held down feeling' is muscle atonia (muscle weakness) which prevents us from acting out our dreams. There's 2 types of SP. ISP (Isolated Sleep Paralysis) and RISP (Recurrent Isolated Sleep Paralysis). ISP lasts for about a minute, and may only be a one time thing. While RISP can last up to an hour, and occur several times over a persons lifetime (sometimes with back to back episodes.)
ChangYai (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
Here is a fantastic documentary on sleep paralysis. It explains virtually everything about the condition. Please watch this as it may provide you with many answers.

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxcnijVF-iw
jaymes420 (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-20)
i experienced something similar to this only a couple of hours ago (which is why I was googling sleep paralysis and came upon this article) I didn't see anything but my eyes were open and I couldn't move, and all I could feel was best described as a long invisible tongue being pushed down my throat. I felt like I couldn't breathe, although I could and couldn't move, but the best description I could give was it felt like a tongue being pushed down my throat,...very odd... Lasted about 15-20 seconds and then it was over,
kphari (4 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-01-18)
I really doubt the authenticity of this story, as most of the posts in YG it looks like fiction to me. 😢
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-25)
The same thing happens to me too. If I feel that is not the average SP I leave the light on in my livingroom as well as the tv on to avoid the noises, plus I light up a holy trinity candle which provides a little more light in my room.

Usually SP comes with noises, creatures, ghostly figures, but I don't think it's part of SP if you can see the shadow during the day, there must be something there but I don't know what is it, why it chooses certain people, and what does it want. They like to hide in dark places to avoid people seeing it and don't like it when we talk about them cause they know we're aware of their presence and know we want to get rid of them. When I read this made me wonder about children being afraid of the dark like the closet or underneath the bed because there is a shadow figure is hiding there. This figure could be the same thing you and I see, the bad thing is that there is not much info about them 😨
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Thank you for the comments. Luna17 your input is very interesting. I actually know when I am going to go through SP or have something unwanted visiting me. I did not sleep very well last as I was seriously scared. It was the first time in ages I actually slept with the hallway light on. Strange.
luna17 (2 stories) (23 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I also suffer from SP. I have learned that it's a process to OBEE or astral projection. It is a scary experience if you don't know what's going on, some people wished they had it as often like us 'sufferes'. If I'm not scared I'll go ahead and give in to the paralysis to go and fly around:-)

If you're scared while it starts it could be your imagination. Though you were hearing things before going to bed... I don't know much about what is the shadow but I see it too. I blessed my home and my bedroom. Even though my bedroom is in my house I blessed it last and put all my thoughts, emotions, all my energy. The shadow cannot enter my room, though he kicks it everywhere else in my house from what I've noticed. You can bless your place too.

When I feel a numbing sensation and sometimes a wave of heat I go into SP. Those kind of SP scare me because The body sends out a signal that something strange is near. From what I read your signals were the noices. 2 days ago I came across what's called 'shadow people' and is the closest thing to what I'm experiencing.

I'm sorry I can't provide much info, but the 'shadow' is something to consider. From my experience it has not hurt me, but it scares me. If I find anything that can help you I will let you know. In the meantime do a blessing it won't go away but it will make it stop coming near you while you sleep, good luck 😊
Szaffi (37 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Sleeping paralysis is a normal something. Our body technically protects us to have "accidents" while not being conscious and awake.
arthurbohon (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I too have experienced sleep paralysis in my life time, and often I would see a black form over me near the ceiling of the room.
Mercy (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
I have incounter sleep paralysis over a period of time and have also seen movements or something standing over my side of my bed as I've been threw much! I learn't that it is your will to awake I jurk myself awake and realize it is the shadow of its presents taking me into a deep sleep!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: