You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whistler 4

Real Ghost Stories

Whistler 4

 

This just happened to my step daughter last night 12-03-2008. I not sure I should say it was the Whistler, but then we are claiming anything happening here, is him in his prankish style.

So far she had not had an experience from him. That night she was reading her book in the living room on the love seat, with the TV on. My wife was in the kitchen, the boy was practicing his guitar in his bedroom, and I was in the basement on the computer. She is into reading Vampire books right now, and was reading one at the moment with the cat by her side on the couch that does not rock.

She closed her book to get up to go to her computer, when the couch started shaking. It was not a violent shake to her, but one to get you to notice that it was unreal. Both she and the cat jumped off in shock. She saw nothing shaking it, but it shook, and then quit after she got off and ran to the kitchen to tell her Mom. Then they both rushed downstairs to let me know.

We do not live in an active earthquake system or fault here in Minnesota, at least not an active one. But if that were so there would be more than the love seat rocking, and the cat did not like what was going on either. Possibly a brief visit from our frequent visitor?

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi and hank you for sharring this story with us. I have to say I don't think I read your other encounters with whistler but after reading this story I have no dought that you have a spirit visiting. Its hard to say if this is poltergeist activity because well lest just say that I go to that topic carefully. For me it sounds like you have a spirit. I can't give you any good suggestions becasue the best was already told. You have to let this spirit cross over. For some people this sentance sounds dumb but trust me. I would try "dumb" to have peace. So give it a try. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
hhhmmm! Very interesting! I think it is funny how all teens are reading about Vampires since that movie came out. There has been tons of books of Vampires Best ones if I may say so myself is Anne Rice!
Anyway back to this story I just love the way this "entity" wants all the attention from you. When you are most distracted he wants to come and catch your attention. Any way he can.
Thanks for sharing I love to hear about your stories they are so filled with excitment!

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
seems perhaps your step-daughter is the one playing pranks. I pesonally see nothing weird in this tale.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
The way I see it is you had your "Whistler" paying another visit-one that meant to tease and scare a bit. Maybe he doesn't like your step daughters books and that was his way of saying so... Or he might just be a prangster...

I'm beginning to think that this energy at home is not someone who's sharing his space with you since he has no choice but one who enjoys or has grown to enjoy his housemates. I can almost picture him silently observing, at times, smiling and at others grinning...
mulder81 (16 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Hi Fallonann No we have never seen him, only felt his presents, heard him, or witnessed his pranks.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
This seems paranormal in nature to me. I think there are possible explanations but it would really seem like a stretch to start listing them. It seems like this spirit was bored with your daughter paying attention to her book and wanted to shake things up a little!

Warmest blessings,

DA
fallonann96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Well it might have been the whistler trying to tell you that it was there and didn't want her to sit on the couch. When I read this I got a weird feeling about what he looks like. Can you tell me?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: