You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Old Hag At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Old Hag At Night

 

I'd like to share my first experience with something I cannot explain.

I've never really been a real believer in paranormal activities and ghosts etc. I'm the kind of person who wants it to be prooved or experience it before I can truly believe.

And this night got me thinking differently, it was about 1am when I got to bed after a long day I was asleep within about 5 minutes of laying down. But I woke up not long after... Id say it was about an hour later, which is strange for me I'm usually a heavy sleeper. And this fear just rushed over me from head to toe and I couldn't move, I was unable to speak... It was like I was fully paralyzed.

And I felt someone in the room watching me, the fear was like nothing I'd ever felt before I was almost in tears just trying to scream or move... I honestly thought there was someone in my house trying to hurt me, I felt completely helpless. But not long after I must have fallen back to sleep somehow which surprised me.

When I woke the next morning the first thing I did was ring my mum to explain what happened and ask for her advice on what to do. When she told me about NIGHT TERRORS or some might know it as *The Old Hag* - *sleep paralysis*

It's apparently when your mind wakes up but your body is still in a deep sleep... You get confused/scared and your mind can play tricks on you it has happened to a lot of my family members and other people around the world.

I later read about it... To find I had it easy. Some people claim to feel pressure on there chest almost as if someone is sat on them (the old hag) which my mum has had a few times, others see shadows around the room and feel pressure on their beds as if someone was crawling up.

I can now honestly say that that experience has opened a door in my mind to so much curiosity and so many questions.

I'd like to hear from you if you have had any experience like this.

It was one of my worst moments in life.

Feel free to share comments to this.

-Nikita-

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KitaJade, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-23)
Last night was the first time I SAW something like an old hag.
My alarm woke me up early at 6:14 and it was still dark out. But when I woke up for some reason I jumped up and looked ahead to a corner in my room. I saw an old naked hag with her hair up and her fingers were in her mouth like she was thinking about eating me...
AnotherAnne (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
I've had sleep paralysis off and on since I was a child. Like you did, I wake up not that long after falling asleep and find that I can't move or talk. It happens most when I fall asleep alone in the house or somewhere strange. I'm convinced that the entities I see or sense are my mind playing tricks on me. In addition to vague presences or strange figures, I've also been visited by the creepy girl from The Ring shortly after seeing the movie, and by my ex boyfriend entering my room through a hole in the ceiling. Sometimes it's not even scary - just annoying because I want to get up and pee or something, but can't.
kayela_rae (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
hello, I have been having that for the past 2 years and it has gotten more frequent. Scares the hell out of me everytime. It started right before my mom got a phone call from my aunt saying my cousin died from a heart attack but that's what I thought was happening to me. Now its worse sometimes ill feel someone sitting on my bed by me and sometimes I wake up to the feeling of someone jumpin on my bed and I actually move like somebody really did. It bothers me because one night I woke up couldn't move felt like someone was on my chest so I couldn't breathe I could only move my eyes couldn't scream and I saw a shadow run across my wall and heard a loud loud scream wen I snapped out of it turned on my light and went and woke my roomie up she didn't hear anything. But it does happen to her too.
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
ah what you experienced is very common. Not long ago I had experienced something similar. I was sleeping after a long day at work and it was about 2 am when I awoke and I felt like I was being suffocated. I couldn't breathe properly and I felt this constant pushing on my chest. I knew it had to be paralysis the next morning.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I ts hard for me to say what you experienced. I had the same thing happen to me and I explained it as sleep paralysis. Trust me sleep paralysis is the the smallest problem when it comes to spirits:) Honestley I'm noty kidding. Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear froim you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-10)
Hi KitaJade. Yes. I had this happen to me at about 10-10:30 in the morning. I felt something kneel at the end of my bed and crawl up only to lay right behind me. I was freaked to say the least. I was home alone too and never heard of sleep paralysis until a few years ago. I really thought it was an entity or something trying to get me. 😨 To this day, it felt soooo real, I still wonder if it was an entity. I felt like I was dying. It was a long hard struggle to shake it off. It has never happened again thank God.

Hopefully it will not happen to you again, but if it does, at least you will be aware of what causes it and not automatically panic.

Thanks for sharing. It's always comforting for people to know that strange things do not only happen to them alone.

SHELBY

❤ 😊
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Hi, KitaJade. Welcome!

Fortunately, I've never experienced that. A lot of people here claim to have been through sleep paralysis (though some furiously believe a ghost/demon sat on their chest), so I doubt you'll find it hard receiving suggestions from them.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
You did get away pretty good with that experience.
There's lots of online info you can be referred to if you want that. Some people relax under the paralysis and it works for them; others fight it hard and that may work for them.

Appreciate your story. Welcome to YGS.
More comments are likely forthcoming for you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: