You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl In My Dreams

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl In My Dreams

 

From the time I was born to the age of nine, I lived in a small house in Denver, Colorado. My family moved into that house a little before I was born. We still don't know what really happened in that house but my older sister once mentioned to me that a neighbor had once told her that a little girl had died in that house before we moved in. It was obvious that the house was haunted. There were many strange things that occurred in that house, and there are still some things about that house that still puzzle me today. In this story, I will only write about a few things that happened in that house.

One night, while my mother was up waiting for my father to get home from work, she noticed that by looking in the reflection of the television screen, she saw a little girl standing in the hallway. The little girl was too young to be my older sister, and too old to be me. As my mother turned her head to look towards the hallway, the little girl had disappeared. My mother then realized that she had seen a ghost, but she wasn't frightened by her. Later, an uncle from my mother's side of the family had also seen the same little girl, only he saw her kneeling by our couch as if she were praying. The little girl never frightened anyone, and we always felt comfortable in our home.

However, we did have one guest who had a terrifying experience in our home. My father had a nephew who was in town visiting and he was going to stay at our house. My mother felt somewhat uncomfortable about having him stay with us because she had always had a "weird" feeling about him. She felt that he wasn't a very good person. Anyway, my father's nephew complained that a man dresses in black came to him one night as he was sleeping and was trying to strangle him. This shocked my father because he knew the house was haunted but the ghost in the house was harmless. This left my parents very confused.

The most significant experience that I had in that house happened when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I was by myself in the backyard, which was very large. My older sister was watching television in the living room, which was in the very front of the house, so she couldn't see me or hear me. My father had placed a large, heavy metal between the branches of the tree, which was at the very end of our yard. From the metal, he tied a rope so that my brother and I could hang from it. Well, I was all alone playing on this rope when suddenly, I look up and I see that the heavy metal bar was not on the branches of the tree anymore, and it was falling directly over my head! The strange thing was that the bar was falling in slow motion, as if someone was slowly lowering it to the ground to prevent it from hitting me.

After looking at the falling bar for about a second, I moved out of the way and as soon as I moved, the bar hit the ground with a loud thud. I am certain that if I had hit by this heavy bar, I would have been seriously injured or perhaps dead! I told my mother about it and we came to the conclusion that it was the little girl who protected me from this falling bar.

However we are still not sure about what attacked my father's nephew. We don't know if that spirit was trying to scare my father's nephew away because he was a bad person, or if there was another bad spirit in our house that stood away from us because the little girl protected us, but attacked my father's nephew because the little girl didn't protect him. We're not sure.

Anyway, I am now nineteen years old and I do not live in that house anymore. However, ever since I moved from that house, I keep dreaming about it. I always dream about the house being haunted by a little girl and I become very frightened by my dreams because they seem so realistic. A few months ago, I found that the house was for sale, and I decided to go check it out.

As I walked through the house I saw that many things had changed, but a few things were kept the way we had them when we lived there. As a child, I never felt afraid in that house, but this time when I was standing alone in my old bedroom, I felt as if someone was staring at me from all directions. I felt very afraid. I also spoke with some old neighbors who said that ever since my family moved out from that house, no one else has lasted very long in that house.

After this visit, I have been having these frightening dreams about the house more frequently. Does anyone know why this might be?

Other hauntings by LittleDaisy

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LittleDaisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

666DemonKid666 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-21)
Great Story I Live In Avon Colorado 😁 I hope your dreams stop little Daisy.
LittleDaisy (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Thank you very much for commenting! There should be another story comming out soon called "Little Girl in My Dreams 2". It is about some other stuff that occured in the house and it also includes some details about my dreams. Thanks for reading!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
This is a great story. I will have to go with Dan on this one. Can you write one of the dream in more detail, I wold be very interested to know what you are shown and see.

Thank you
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Even though you claim not to have been scared by all that went on maybe you do have some repressed fearful feelings about it that are manifesting in your dreams. You wanted to see the house again and this may have triggered that fear. The operative word here is fear. Your adult mind may have trouble dealing with what your child mind accepted. You know she won't hurt you so most of the fear seems to be in your own mind. Just let it go. Be at peace with it and no doubt the dreams will cease. Keep us posted. Thanks for sharing.
LittleDaisy (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Thank you very much Dan and Dreamergal72 for commenting. I have thought about researching the house, how do I get started on that?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Hello, Maybe you should look up the background of the house and the girl may had protecting you from that metal bar from fall on you. But Glad or you won't be here to write this ghoststories.com:) I did wish I had live in that old house when I was little before my parent dicvorce but they rent that house "Sigh Depoitemnt".
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
This is a great story thank you for sharing it with us.

Firstly I think that maybe the dark clothed man and the little girl may have been connected. You said your mother had a bad feeling about your Fathers Nephew who claimed to have nearly been killed. Now I think that the little girl was watching out for your family and felt very connected to you all. She didn't like the bad man in the house and maybe had something to do with the dark clothed man.

Secondly as I said above I think that the girl was very connected with you all, which may explain why nobody has lasted very long since you and your family moved out. She feels no-one can compare to you and misses you. Could have also been the feeling of being afraid, she may feel bitter or angry at you for leaving.

Thirdly I'm led to believe that she was protecting your family from the metal moment mainly. You may have been killed if that metal had hit you and maybe her OR the dark clothed man protected you. Maybe the girl was not necesserily the very good protector, but maybe the dark clothed man was. That's a long shot but a thought in my head never the less.

Lastly I believe you are still having dreams through either two reasons.

1. Psychological; you built up a connection to the house and the girl and so your mind is trying to remember it and feel secure refreshing that connection through your dreams.

2. The girl OR Dark clothed man (Maybe the same) is still with you and can only connect with you through your dreams because they are out of their comfort (The house.)

The second option seems less likely and so I'm more inclined to believe your dreams may be more psychological than paranormal.

These ideas are merely my views and are not necesserly what you or anybody else would agree with but mainly just ideas to be thrown out there which may help you think about the situation.

Have you tried researching the house? Can help if you look at the past of the place.

I took the time to comment since I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing and take care.
LittleDaisy (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Thank you very much for commenting. I probably will be returning to the house if it does go on sale again. I really want to know what happened! Kurlz, I agree with you. Sometimes I do think that I'm just remembering the house in my dreams, but as a little I never thought about it as being haunted. Anyway, my dreams are all very different, but I'm usually scared in most of them. There is always some paranormal activity going on in my dreams. There have been severals dreams where I have seen the little girl and I get really scared. And in other dreams, I can just feel her standing next to me or behind me and I also get very scared. Usually, when I have these dreams, I am either in my room, my parents' room or the living room. I also dream that there are like secret closets in that house and also a secret basement. I have no idea what these dreams mean and if this girl is asking for help, how do I help her?
Thanks again for commenting!:)
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
I agree with KurLz... The little girl could be asking for your help.

I suggest that during the day go back to the house and try and find her and ask what she wants.
If you are too afraid (I do not see how you COULDNT be afraid of going there by yourself) then just bring your mother, father, or a friend or something.

The dreams may stop if you help her move on.

If you have any questions... Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Good Luck! ❤
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
Great story, thank you for sharing it. Not sure what the dreams are all about, could be a few different things. It could be your mind just remembering what it was like living in the house and pumping it up a little bit. Could be the little girl asking you for help. What happens in your dreams?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: