You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Motor Cycle Ride In The Rain

Real Ghost Stories

Motor Cycle Ride In The Rain

 

It was the middle of August and the harsh wind blew hot and humid, kicking up a storm for the evening hours. Off to the north the black clouds had started to brew and roll. It was about 6:30 PM and my date was late. He would not tell me where he planned to take me, it was a surprise. Now, being 30 minutes late, I began to wonder what could possibly be going on, if I would be going anywhere.

I walked out onto the open front porch and could almost smell the rain coming. It began to grow darker. I decided if he arrived, we would just stay at my house until the storm passed. I then started to worry that he may be riding his motor cycle; motor cycles and thunder storms do not mix. He knew I despised motor cycles, but... Well hopefully he would be in his truck.

As the dreaded motor cycle came around the corner, the rain began to spit big fat drops. He got off the bike and indicated we needed to hurry up. I told him I was not going, it was raining, I was not getting on the bike, and I wouldn't even if it was not raining. After he became increasingly angry with me and refused to stay at my house until the storm passed, he got on the motorcycle and started off into the down poor I looked up and all I could see was flashing red and blue lights, such as those coming off an emergency vehicle. I watched for a few minutes, thinking there must have been an accident right in front of my house. I could hear screams of agony, sounding as if they were coming from in a few feet in front of me, no one was there. I turned around to grab my iced tea I had brought on to the porch with me, as I turned back, the lights were all gone. There was no evidence of an accident either.

I shook my head and turned to go into the house, as I turned I could hear the unmistakable roar of his motor cycle starting, and then screeching tires. I whirled around and nothing was there.

I turned back around after a few moments and decided I would sit on the porch for a while; surely the heat had gotten to me causing me to see and hear things. About 20 minutes later, my mom called me at the screen door telling me I had a call. I asked who it was as my mom was familiar with all of my friends, she stated she didn't recognize the voice. I went in and answered the phone.

The voice on the other end of the line clarified my name and asked how I was related to Mark, my would be date from earlier. I told them I was not related, that we had been dating for a few weeks. I was then informed that he had my name and phone number in his back pocket so I was the first person they called. Mark had been in an accident on his motor cycle. The roads were wet and slick, he skidded out of control and came to rest on a couple of those sand barrels that are used for street barriers.

As the accident was being described to me by phone, I looked up and saw the flashing red and blue lights again, I heard the screech of tires. I closed my eyes tightly and said a silent pray. As I opened my eyes, again the lights and the screeching sounds were gone.

I was told to contact his parents and come to the hospital; they would not release his condition to me over the phone. I told my mom, she drove me to his parents home and I told them of the call. We all went to the hospital together.

By the time we arrived at the hospital, Mark's left leg had been put into a cast all the way to his hip, his scrapes and cuts had been cleaned on his arms and face and he was arguing that he did not need to have the cervical collar on.

Mark ended up staying in the hospital over night for observation, but he eventually recovered completely. We did not continue to date after that night because he stated I 'jinxed' him. About 3 years later he had another accident on a motor cycle which ended up breaking his back and his pelvis, causing him to give up motor cycles for good.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-23)
My husband has been begging me to let him get a motorcycle for the longest (not that he needs my permision) but I want him alive!

It is a good thing that you decided not to go with him as you too would have been in a hospital bed, or perhaps worse. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Luv ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Chris B.,
Thank you once again for your support and kind words. I know that both Mark and I were blessed by a divine intervention on this day. You and I both know anyone walking away from a motorcycle accident is a miracle.

Mark unfortunately died in an accident a few years ago, I am not sure if it was a motorcycle accident or other type of accident.

Thanks again for always being her for me, my friend.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-20)
Hi Kim it is so nice to see you again 😁.I have to say that there was somebody watching over you and over mark. I am a big motorcycle fan but I know how dangerous it can be. I'm very glad you didn't get on that bike and I'm glad that Mark ONLY had his leg broken. I have heard of some very tragic accidents with friends but they didn't have the luck Mark did. I know that sounds cruel, and that you might think I'm being mean but the truth is to be alive after a very harsh accident is a miracle. Even if he can't walk I'm glad he is alive. And he should be too. Thank you for sharring this story with us Kim it sure was a great story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-29)
Wow...what a crazy story! Very well retold though. Thank you for sharing it with us! It sounds like he wasn't a very smart person to ride his motorcycle in the rain like that. Good thing you didn't go with him!

Warmest blessings,
DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-24)
Thank you for another thrilling experience Kim. It was a wise choice to follow your instincts and stay home that day. I think your inner voice stopped you from taking that ride.

Although I know of your gifts, your experiences never cease to amaze me. I know how disturbing it is to have such a scene unravelling before your eyes.
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
I am terrified of motorcycles as well. I am glad to hear that you weren't hurt, what a stupid man.
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Did your own fear of motorcycles prompt you to have a premenition? I don't know. You didn't like them and I'm assuming he knew it. Too bad he didn't bring his truck for your date he could have saved himself a lot of pain. Glad he learned his lesson but some need to learn the hard way. He had his nerve thinking you were a jinx. He made a bad decision to ride in bad weather it had nothing to do with you. You just had enough sense not to join him. Some people are always looking for a scapegoat rather than take responsibility and this dude was no exception.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
I have always believed, that if you are in tune with someone, or are extremely close, you can begin to pick up on their feelings, and what they are doing, even if you are not near them.
This sounds to be what happened in this case, just as he had the accident, you saw/heard it happening right infront of you!
Take care
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
he should stay off the motercycles before he REALLY gets hurt or even ends his life.

He should at least not drive when its wet.

Take care! ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
Sound like a warning and he won't listen, So that why he keep getting a wreak.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: