You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Don't Joke About Ghosts Or Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Don't Joke About Ghosts Or Spirits

 

I moved into this house with my mother back in June of '08. We're renting, and when we moved in all I could think was "This place isn't haunted.", because that was the feeling I got. Am I a sensitive? No. I just guessed, because my dad's house has a couple ghosts, and they let you know they are there. I'm not sure if I was wrong, or right about that.

I stayed up late in the summer, I usually do. I'm a night owl, to put it simply. Through out the Summer I had a few experiences.

I was on the phone with my friend sitting near the door leading to the dining room. I distinctly heard someone say "Hello" from behind me. I remember spinning the chair around (It was a spinney chair, ha-ha.), and looking into the Dining Room. I then asked my friend is anyone had just said hello to her, or if we were picking up someone's signal. She said no as if I were crazy. I ignored it, saying it was just my mind messing with me because it was late.

I was lying on the couch, watching TV at night with my cat on my lap, when I got a strange feeling about the dining room. I kept glancing towards it, waiting to see something walk by or appear, but nothing did. I started to fall asleep, when suddenly my cat jumped up. I looked at her, and noticed she was staring into the dining room, tail fluffy, growling as if a man (She dislikes males.) had walked by. No one was up, and she calmed down after a few minutes. My cat never used to growl before, unless it was at the dogs that were in the basement. I don't know what it was. I also had something rub against my leg that was not there, but that does not pertain to this, so I won't write it out.

My mother is afraid of ghosts. I always joked with her that this house was haunted, and ever since we moved in, I claimed that there was a little girl named Gracie in my bedroom. Of course, she knew I was lying, and she told me to quit before I make anyone, if there is anyone here, angry. I ignored her, and kept throwing out jokes about spirits in our house. I said there was a man, and a girl, and that they weren't friends. I made up foolish stories, and told my mom ridiculous stuff just to get a laugh. I meant no harm by it I thought it was all in fun. Until the night I had the dream of a boy. He had to be a teenager, probably between the age of 16-19. I remember his dark hair, and dark eyes.

In my dream, I was standing in the kitchen; staring in the window thinking wouldn't it be freaky if I saw someone standing behind me? I glanced behind me, and then back at the door. I screamed, because behind me stood the boy, glaring at me and looking completely livid. I ran from him, running into the dining room and up the steps. He followed me, chasing after me. I ran into my mom's room, and hid beside her bed, but he found me.

He picked me up by my shirt, holding my body close to his as he screamed in my face. He screamed of death, and how I was rude for making fun of him. He told me that his death was not funny, and I distinctly remember him saying 'My father shot me six times in the head, is that funny?', before he threw me on the ground. I ran from him, crying and screaming for my mom. I went on with a normal day after that, but everywhere I went in my house he appeared. When I entered my room, he would be standing near my closet. When I entered the kitchen, he stood in the corner near the sink. When I was in the bathroom, he was standing by the washer. He wouldn't go away, and he kept trying to talk to me. He kept trying to apologize for screaming, for scaring me, but I wouldn't listen. I didn't want him near me.

I woke up frightened and scared that he really existed. Had this been a warning? I told my mom, and she told me that was what I got for joking about Ghost's all the time.

You never know if they're just hiding.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Carlyxo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ghostgirl101 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-03)
you should forgive him and tell him you were sorry... If you don't I don't think he'll live you alone. So just forgive him and let him forgive you.
adullin (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
heres a crazy idea. Why don't you apologize to him? And yes accept his aplogy also. It seems he is sensitive to that.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Making fun of spirits isn't a smart thing to do. They were once people. As we show respect to people we should show even more respect to the dead. Spirits who walk on this earth can comunicate with us. They sometimes know what we are doing or saying. So I can only say be carefull. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-24)
Have you done what I suggested yet? Talk to me. ITs important that you do exactly what I say in this regard.
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil - ok so you don't believe in ghosts but you DO believe in other things that can't be seen. Ok then...
WolfReal (1 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-23)
Carlyxo - this is my suggestion. Go through out the house and scream at the top of your lungs "Ghost I do not know your name but you are funny. You are very funny to me and if your father really shot you in the head 6 times, well, that's just about the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life." Do this in each room where you saw him. Go to the place where you saw him in each room and imagine his head and body and punch that area. Then say "You want some?! You want some you little B!? Come get some. COME ON! Come get some!"

Tell me what happens. I ll tell you what to do next.
YourLifeBelongs2JesusNeverEvil (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-17)
praying before you go to sleep helps and in the morning usually does the trick, works for both long term and short term troubles,

I myself don't believe in ghosts but I do believe in evil, my opinion is he's a liar and is definetely a demon in disguise.

I strongly believe when we die were either in heaven or hell no where else, no humans wonder the earth when they die, just evil demons and angels, Jesus aswell

I can assure you that lying 6 shots in the head guy is not an angel so he's definetly trouble.

If I were you I'll continue life normally and tell the liar to go away, the troublesome demon is just looking for a lame excuse to get to you,

Anyway I'd lay low about the jokes towards your mom, shes the honorable mother after all;)

PS: What goes around comes around
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
yes your story is a bit motivating you said the true never joke they may harm you I had a similar experience when iam studying in 5 the class but only minure differences like my dog growled at that time and do remember you had a good dream but this is not an dream interpretation site...! 🤔

My blessings,
Kiranchandra
Carlyxo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
I guess I was not clear with what I said when I said I was scaring my mother. It was not 'sick', as imyoproblm put it. My mother was completely aware that I was kidding, and she found it funny when I would just randomly blurt stuff out and joke about it.

In no way or form was I doing anything to actually SCARE her.
I don't purposely scare my mother like that. If I did, then I would agree that it was sick, but I do not.
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
Yes. Never joke about ghosts.

I'll bet that dream was, well... Not exactly a dream. I mean, sometimes that's how people contact you.

That teenage boy sounds like a good guy... You just seriously upset him. I would be, too. Who knows, he might be there in that house, watching you. Not to scare you... But you should apologize to him. You might feel foolish for talking out loud to the air in your house, but do it anyway. Tell him you're sorry, that you accept his apology and the way he yelled was totally understandable... If he ever makes himself known, try sending him to the Light. Good or evil, no ghost should stay in this world. They're to go Beyond.

G'luck.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
wow what a dream you have and they are right you need talk to him and so he can go to the light spirits can't stay in the world forever it not good. Never joke about spirits cause they do have emotions.
imyoproblm (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
go apologize. Omg shes your mom! Sorry but that's just sick... Maybe you learned a lesson!
Love, peace, reality
❤ me ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
wow that was the freakiest story I have read today! I would REALLY hate it if that happened to me no effence!

Princess123 x ❤
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
After the way you kept scaring your mum, is a wonder you had this dream. Maybe you shoulf go apologise to your mum as it was her you were trying to freak out. Let it be a lesson to you. What goes around does eventually come around.
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
My house has a few ghosts running around and my boyfriend who has lived with me for 3 years
Will not under any circumstances talk about ghosts (I think they may have paid him a visit). I am so use to them and I think it's funny how upset he gets. His words are always the same "Stop that your going to get them stirred up" Now that tells me he has met one, but it is not a good idea to talk about or make fun of them. It really can get them stirred up so to speak. Dreams are just another reality coming in when we sleep, our minds are more open then and we can see and hear things we could not during our awake hours when are mind is so bogged down with our reality stuff. Keep doing what you normally would and if he visits again ACCEPT THE APOLOGY. That might ease things up a bit.
Blessed be to all
Zukismom
welshgirl88 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
well maybe it would help if you accepted would of accepted his apology. Because that could upset him more, that you didn't accept it.

Stacy
gunz (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
what a strange experience... Maybe he's a kind boy but maybe he don't have a friends in her past life so he want to make afriendc with you... But I am sure that the ghost was died for along long times ago... And had stay in that house for a long time.
But it depends what kind of that ghost was... Because some of the story that I have ever hear, if you talking with a ghost and promise him something and you must kept your promise if you break your promise, maybe you'll in trouble...

But it's just opinion/belief of some people... Maybe it's not a true story...
In my religion we better to request a help from the specialist (monk) to clean up the house (but it is very dangerous, it depends on the ghost does it dangerous ghost or not!) or pray up for the ghost for apeace life...

I don't think I was right but it just what I had heard from stories in our places...
I just know there isn't place are really safe from the ghost, maybe... But don't be afraid ok? Just make sure you don't make something that may disturbed the ghost...

I am sorry if I had say a wrong opinion but I hope you must find the holy person like a monk depends on your religion... Ask her for the problem that you get...
gunz (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
what a strange experience... Maybe he's a kind boy but maybe he don't have a friends in her past life so he want to make afriendc with you... But I am sure that the ghost was died for along long times ago... And had stay in that house for a long time.
But it depends what kind of that ghost was... Because some of the story that I have ever hear, if you talking with a ghost and promise him something and you must kept your promise if you break your promise, maybe you'll in trouble...

But it's just opinion/belief of some people... Maybe it's not a true story...
In my religion we better to request a help from the specialist (monk) to clean up the house (but it is very dangerous, it depends on the ghost does it dangerous ghost or not!) or pray up for the ghost for apeace life...

I don't think I was right but it just what I had heard from stories in our places...
I just know there isn't place are really safe from the ghost, maybe... But don't be afraid ok? Just make sure you don't make something that may disturbed the ghost
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
intense dream!
I really liked your story, at least he was nice enough to try and apologize and if he is haunting your place then at least you know who's there and that he's actually an ok ghost... Except when he yelled at you 😁
awesomerific (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
Yeah, I don't think I'll ever think of making jokes like that again. I definitely wouldn't want to anger a spirit... 😢 I don't think there is such a thing,either. I believe that there is always a feeling everywhere that you're just not alone. That something is there with you. It's just sometimes you tend not to pay attention. Like in a household of more than one or two people. But that's just what I think. Not all people will agree. It's nice that the boy tried to apologize, though...
Ah ha ha! I've written enough for now.
God Bless you! 😊
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
I don't think there really is such a thing as a place where there are no spirits. I think most of them just don't manifest, so I would definitely discourage making fun of them!

Still, that experience would've scared me too...

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: