You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Evp Or Some Sick Joke

Real Ghost Stories

Evp Or Some Sick Joke

 

I am not really good at writing so please bear with me. My name is Brenda and I live in Oxnard, CA. My great-grandmother, we called her nanny died in our home about 8 years ago. My grandmother we call her grandma mom was here about 2 weeks ago and placed flowers on my nanny's grave when she was here. Grandma mom was here for the holidays then went back home to Sacramento, CA.

Two days ago 1-10-09 I received a phone call from my grandma mom saying she just received a phone call from nanny. She was home alone, wide awake and had not been drinking. Nothing showed up on the caller ID. She answered the phone Hello. The caller replied Billie is that you which is my grandmothers real name. She said yes who is this. The caller replied this is your mother; I wanted to thank you for the flowers. Grandma mom asked where are you. Caller replied I am in bed I don't feel well, then the caller ended the called with good bye. My grandma mom was in a state of shock and now half the family thinks she is crazy. Grandma mom said it was her mother's voice.

I told my grandma mom that it was probably some kind of EVP, and I didn't think she was crazy. Is there away I can investigate this a little more. My grandma mom is 76 years old and I really don't believe she would make this up. She was really shaken by the call. Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Other hauntings by lostangel6959

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lostangel6959, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetal (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-19)
😢 sorry for your loss. When my grandma died my mom and me swore that we could fell her hand runing through our hair like she always did when something bad happened. Mabye she just trying to tell you that everything is going to be all right.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
My Mother died in 1993. She use to call me every night at 10pm to let me know she was okay before she went to bed. After she died she kept it up for a few months and then it was gone. Just because they are gone in body form, don't mean they are gone in spirit form.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
That's interesting, lostangel. There are several similar stories on this site. Two recent ones that come to mind are Warning By Phone by KimSouthO and We Tried To Call You by Ohiowatha. Please keep us posted if there are any more incidents. Thanks, again, for sharing.
lostangel6959 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
My mother remembered that when my nanny was still alive that she also said that she had recieved a call from either her mother or father who had also passed. I still find this all very strange but not unbelievable.
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-14)
I think the important thing is whether or not your grandma mom believes it was her mother. She seemed to recognize the voice and was shaken by the experience. The comment about being in bed and not feeling well sends chills up my spine. I'm not sure that's something a prankster would most likely say. Has anything else odd happened to anyone in the family since then?
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
If you look back in the archives on this site there are a few stories about this sort of thing that might help you out. If I am remembering correctly in a few of the other stories the caller ID was also blank.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
It may have been her way of saying goodbye. I don't know for sure... It also could have been a dream, but who knows. She said she was pretty much wide awake, so... I think anything is possible.

Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Blessings,
DA
lostangel6959 (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
she was fully awake. She had just gotten something to eat and was watching tv. I did ask her if she had been drinking and she said no. So I am just amazed or confused about it all as you are.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
hmm

I'm on the fence about this one.
I don't think your grandmother is making something up. But a small conversation over the phone? Are you sure she was awake?

Then again, I'm a firm believer loved ones can or try to communicate. I guess instead of questioning what happened, your grandmother should just take it as it is and be grateful she had a chance to "talk to her mother" again.

Have a good one

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: