You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Restaurant Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Restaurant Ghost

 

I've had a lot of very strange experiences, but this was one of the weirdest. My mum and dad have a restaurant. There is a door leading to the dining room and a door leading out of the building. All three of us were restocking the kitchens late one night ready for the next day. My mum suddenly realised that we didn't have enough bread. So both mom and dad decided to go out and buy some from the shop not to far from our restaurant. They left me to continue packing by myself. For a while, nothing really happened, until I turned around.

There is quite a large window next to the door leading out, so you can see if there is anything or anyone outside, and the same for outside. I saw someone outside, in a black, very large cloak covering all of the man's body. Immediately, for some reason, I thought man. I waved to it and shouted hello. I knew almost instantaneously that it had heard me. It turned its head very slowly and then it looked at me. But the problem was it didn't look like it had anything to look with. The face was completely covered in shadow. I knew that something was very, very wrong.

Before I could do anything else, I saw the hand of the thing reach out and turn the handle slowly. I tried to scream but it was as if I was frozen. I couldn't do anything. The door swung open and it didn't walk, it sort of floated into the room, as if it didn't have any legs. No, I KNEW it didn't have any legs. The cloak only went up to the thing's shins and I saw nothing from beneath that. It floated slowly and steadily to me, but I panicked and I ran to the door and saw that it was somehow locked. So I grabbed the keys from inside my pocket and put them in the door and it zoomed across the room to me, and I could feel it RIGHT BEHIND ME. I just stood there for what seemed like an eternity. My hand nestled onto the key which was still in the door. Then, I heard something whispering in my voice, saying, 'Why won't you just turn around and look at me?!' I had had enough. I screamed and jammed open the door and ran as quickly as I could out of the restaurant. Luckily, my parents were just on their way back. I panicked and cried they didn't understand what was going on!

When I was at home in my room, I began to think the whole situation through more. The voice that I heard in my ear was not kind, it was vile, vicious, and cruel almost as if it was spat instead of spoken. It was the most terrible time of my life, and I do not want to relive it again.

If you would have heard that terrible voice in your ear, you would have been very afraid to. That was the first time I have seen a spirit that I would have called 'bad' but I don't know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Predicted, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

princess2 (16 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
talk about scared to death! That's just a little to much for anyone, specially for some little kid.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
What you experienced was something very terrorible! I can't not imagine if I had to be in your shoes! That was more then scary! I would never forget that experience! Another reason I'm realy scared of shadow people! Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hearfrom you soon and take care
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow, that sounds really scary! I agree with the others that maybe you should do some research about past owners or buildings that might have been on that land. Have you seen or heard that thing since?
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Thanks for sharing this with us. Do you know any historical details about the structure and that specific site? Thanks.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Wow, that's crazy. I would probably run out of there screaming too. I wonder if the spirit is someone who lived on the property before?

Blessings,
DA
Predicted (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
hazzardsyndrome,
Nope, never seen it again. But, that might only be because I have never stepped into that building alone ever again. My parents still think I'm a bit silly!
Predicted (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
KimSouthO,
Actually, I do. I asked my parents about it and apparently they used to have a chef who claims to have seen a ghost - the next day he just phoned to say he quit. He left all of his belongings...everything
_Izanne_ (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
oh my... That must have been horrible!
I actually got goosebumps when I read the part where it whispered in your voice!
I hope it doesn't bother you again. 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
Do you know anything of the history of the restaraunt? Had anyone else ever mentioned having occurances or experiences in or near the restaraunt? Was anything out of place when your parents returned?

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear the answers!

God Bless!
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
how horrible, your story was very frightening, like a scene from a horror movie or something. I don't know what I would have done!
Have you seen it since?
Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: