You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Restaurant And Rv Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Restaurant And Rv Ghosts

 

Back in 1991, I worked at a Luby's Cafeteria in Sherman, Texas. One of our cooks who worked there died in intensive care. About a year after that, I was standing in my vegetable prep area, peeling potatoes. This faced the butcher area, and the meat walk-in. No one could pass in front of me without me knowing it. We have a knife sharpener on the butcher block there, that you turn on with a toggle switch. Well, one day, it came on all by itself. I checked the walk-in to make sure no one was in there. It was empty. I don't know what to make of it.

My husband and I used to live in an RV that I think was haunted. Twice, at 11:22 or 11:23 a.m., we heard something that sounded like heavy thuds inside a closet, and we had nothing in the closets that would produce that kind of noise. One night, I went to the bathroom and was sitting on the toilet doing my business, when all of the sudden, I felt a fingernail scratch the bottom of my foot. I thought at first, it was my dog, Phoebes, because she likes to lay in the bathroom, but the bathroom was empty. Or was it?

My sister in law says it was a tendon in my foot stretching, but I know when my damn foot is being scratched. It wasn't hard and it didn't hurt or anything, but it scared the hell out of me.

I thought I saw a dark figure sitting at the table one night when I got up to use the restroom, (that Oklahoma beer will go through me like water), I thought my heart would never stop pounding, it was so unexpected. I guess this was the RV's previous owner?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mizkitty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
The restaurant could have been just about anything from vibrations tripping the switch to simply a loose circuit. If there were consistant happenings then you could start to explore spirit activity.

As to the RV. It could simply have been heat expanding the frame and making it pop causing the thumps. Were these particularly hot or cold days? I'm inclined to agree with your sister about the scratch on your foot. Happens to me all the time. I really need to do more stretches:p

The dark figure you saw. Did it move? Did it do anything? Did you blink and it was gone? How awake were you?

I'm not saying these experiances aren't paranormal. And thank you for sharing:) But it seems you've jumped to paranormal explanations before non paranormal have been fully explored.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: