You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost at the Olympic Star Restaurant

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost at the Olympic Star Restaurant

 

When I was about six or seven years old, I went out to breakfast with my dad at a restaurant called 'Olympic Star'. I know it is either in or near Tinley Park, so maybe you have heard of it. I excused myself from the table to use the bathroom. I opened the squeaky door and went into the bathroom, and since there were only three stalls and all the doors were open, I knew no one was in the bathroom except for me.

I walked into one of the stalls and turned around and locked the door, and as soon as I did that, the door started to violently shake back and forth by itself, as if someone was trying to get in from the other side. I looked through the crack in the door, and all I saw was a transparent red color about 5 feet high, about where someone's shirt would have been, but I could see right through it!

Then, after the door stopped shaking, I heard a loud, prolonged sigh, as if someone was frustrated that they couldn't open the stall door. Suddenly, everything just stopped as if someone flipped a switch. No one had opened or closed the door leading into the bathroom the entire time I was in there, and if they did, I would have heard it. Plus, I would have been able to see the person's feet from the opening at the bottom of the stall door, but there weren't any feet to be seen! I immediately searched the bathroom to see if anybody really was in there, but there was no one. I find it very odd that a possible entity was angry because it couldn't open a door, when it could probably just walk right through it.

To this day, many years later, I still don't have a clue what happened in that bathroom, but something happened that I will never be able to explain.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Liz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

oooggg (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-08)
i live around the area and remember back in the late 80's someone axed his parents to death... All I remember is that he mutilated them pretty badly (eyeballs scooped out, and a few other things I can't remember), but he went to that olympic star right after to wash off the blood in the bathroom. He got arrested right away and wound up in the mental hospital on 181st & harlem.

Relevance or not, I just wanted to tell the story before I completely forget about it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
'It' may not have been angry at not being able to open the door at that precise moment, but as mentioned in the other comments, it may be a residual type haunting. This may be the action taken each and every day, or at certain intervals in time.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-19)
Nice story. I agree that it was a residual haunting. Did you every hear about the place being haunted. Maybe other people heard felt the same thing you did. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hi Liz. I believe that you more than likely experienced a residual haunting. I also wonder if anyone else has had the same experience in that restaurant. I bet you there are many people that have had that same experience. You happened to be in the right place, at the right time or the wrong time, how ever you want to look at it. 😊 That sounds pretty frightening experience. Thanks for sharing.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-17)
Hello Liz,
That third paragraph is so filled of questions that may never be answered.
I was wondering if there were ever any other people who had similar experiences in this restaurant.
A couple of cities over, in Mishawaka is a Hacienda that is quite popular with the younger crowd and it is said to be haunted. There are simply dozens of stories surrounding the place both inside and out. In fact, word is that when trying to fill the store fronts in the same parking lot there was a waiting list for those wanting to rent. Maybe they thought the restaurant would bring in the hungry and their presence there would empty their pockets in the stores, I do not know.
This is a very interesting story.
Thank you.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I have seen and heard a lot of stories on here but this one is a first of this kind. I think it was a spirit like rhodes68 said that didn't know it was dead. At my grandmothers house she died in the bathroom, and from that time on, the door would slam shut and lock itsself. But I always just thought it was her spirit in there doing that.
But this happen at a resturant, can't tell what may or not happen in that bathroom. I know a resturant bathroom that is haunted as well not far from my house. Good story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
Hi Liz. That was,indeed, a frightening experience and one that stays with you for a long-long time. I suppose you can never be absolutely sure why a spirit does one thing and not another but sometimes I get the feeling that not all spirits are aware they have passed on which might explain some of their reactions.Yeah,it could have just passed through the door provided that it knew it was dead unless its whole intention was to simply scare you...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: