You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Friend Jacob

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend Jacob

 

My friend Jacob passed away last Fall. He was only 19 years old. Everyone took it pretty hard. He was a smart kid, knew a lot about a lot of really cool things, but he had a wild side. He was usually pretty smart about it, but this time things just didn't work out. I remember the night he passed, because without knowing it, I passed the scene about 30 minutes after it had all happened. There was the largest number of police cars I have ever seen in our small town, I just remember thinking that it must have been someone getting caught growing...uh..."illegal substances" in the woods near there.

A lot of the time I feel that he is still around, especially near the place of his death, which is near a main road in town. There have been a few instances where I feel he might be making his presence known, here they are.

I was driving home from a friend's house at about 12:30 (about the same time I passed the accident spot the night he died) and I was belting out a Beatles song (One that Jacob liked), it suddenly got icy cold in my car. I became very frightened and for some reason I was terrified of looking at the passenger's seat of my car. I turned my music off and stopped singing. Almost instantly it got warm in my car again, and the eerie feeling was gone.

My second experience was when I was about to set off on a road trip with my friend Julia, I had to make a quick stop home first to make sure my kitten was inside and had plenty of food. When we're gone we always keep the radio on (I guess it's my dad's way of warding off robbers by making them think someone is always there, a little wasteful I know), so I turned radio on and went to check on my kitten, leaving Julia alone in the living room. I came back in to find the radio turning off and then on again, and at that moment Julia jumped in her seat a little and said with a look of true fright in her eyes, "It smells like Jacob in here!".

I turned the radio off, then on again and everything was normal. We were both pretty startled by the experience and left immediately

.

Other hauntings by Nor_Cal_Girl

Hauntings with similar titles

 

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nor_Cal_Girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Chantelle,

No, I don't get these happenings anymore, even though I think of him a lot. I think that maybe he has found peace.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-06)
Thats interesting, I'm sorry for the loss but it sounds like he still likes to hang out now and then! Do you still get these happenings?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-29)
Thanks for sharing this story with us. I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It sounds like he enjoys visiting from time to time just so you know that he cares about you.

Blessings
DA
blank (8 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
Hey your friend is still around you. There are certain symptoms that show a ghosts presence in a place. The first and foremost one is the change in temperature (you have experienced it), and another one is the alterations in electronic equipments, this is to seek and grab attention. He won't be around you for no reason. Try to find out what it is or try to put it to an end don't let it grow any further.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
I'm sorry for your loss. Even though it was last fall, I'm sure its still hard at times.

I think the presence of your friend is still around you. Although certain songs,t'v shows, even commercials can remind us of people we've lost. But what happened in the car, I believe he was with you.

The scent thing I totally believe. There are days I'll walk into say my office and it will smell "Like" my grandfather

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: