You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl Ghost

 

This story took place about four or five years ago, and to this day I still can not look at the windows in my mom's apartment at night.

My mom lives down in Seaside, California. It is about an eight-hour drive from where I currently live. I usually go to visit her during my time off from school. This time I decided to take my older step-sister with me. We arrived in Seaside at about 8:00 PM. We greeted my mom and got comfortable on the couch with something to eat.

The living room of her apartment is pretty small. It is set up so that the couch is against the wall, and across from this wall is the television and a rather large window.

My step-sister and I were happily watching the television when suddenly I saw this girl (or young woman I guess you could say) float across the window and into the television. It was probably from about the end of her neck up to the top of her head, she had long, wavy, and what looked like would have been blonde hair, and fair skin. She wasn't wearing any set expression on her face and she looked pretty tranquil as she drifted across the window. At this point in time my heart was in my throat and I convinced myself not to say anything to my step-sister and in doing so, I would forget all about it, but before I could think another word on it, my step-sister blurted out, "Bailey, I just saw a ghost, a girl ghost". I said I had seen the same thing.

It was reassuring to know that I wasn't the only one who had seen it, but it was also really frightening to know that there was a ghost in my mom's apartment.

I am positive that this wasn't someone walking by the window because my mom lives on the second story, unless someone was inside the house with a projector, it wasn't a hologram.

I have not seen the girl's head again, or any other ghostly experiences since then.

Other hauntings by Nor_Cal_Girl

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nor_Cal_Girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

steveheydaljay (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-25)
That's a pretty creepy story. At least you know now that you are not insane haha
Tarz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-13)
well, hotels, houses and hospitals are the most commonly haunted places. Perhaps yous mums apartment is in the very same place where this girl used to live.
I believe spirits can only manifest using the energy you project to them, and I'm guessing you and your sister were quite relaxed after such a long drive and didn't even realise that your energy output was just enough for her to become visible to you...that's probably why you only saw her head. I bet if you concentrate enough with no negative thoughts in your mind, you could probably see her again. She's probably always there, just not always visible... Probably lonely too.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-28)
It's bad enough to see a ghost, but just the head of one? I doubt I could have kept my calm on that one. I agree with DeviousAngel and feel it's a residual haunting. Please let us know if this happens again. Thanks for sharing!
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I haven't asked my mom about any sightings, but she was there when my step-sister and I saw it, unfortunately she was in another room though. The only thing I really know about the history of the land is that there were hotels there before aparment complexes, but Monterey and Seaside are old places, I should look into the history more, and when I do I will post anything I find out:D
liltraviesa310 (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
wow...
Well I think that this girl ghost
Was not bad because what you just said
I mean she didn't harm you at all you know.
But like you said you
Havent seen her at all
So maybe everything wasn't bad at all 😁
chloe6991 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Did you ask your mom if she's ever seen this girl? Or anything else strange in the house? If not you really should.

~Chloe
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
I definitely didn't get any bad feelings or vibes from it, but it most definitely was scary
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
Wow...that's really creepy. It sounds like a residual haunting. I don't think it was an intelligent haunting because there was no interaction. Startling, but nothing to worry about. 😊

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: