You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Jacob's Return Or Something Else Entirely?

Real Ghost Stories

Jacob's Return Or Something Else Entirely?

 

Nothing paranormal has happened to me for a good half of a year... Until now, that is. Until I go any farther, I recommend you read my story, "My friend Jacob" because this will all make more sense. For those that did, you will know that Jacob's death was last Fall, early September to be precise. For almost all of September (2009) I had been seeing mists both black and white appear in my kitchen, usually near the floor. I kind of just dismissed these experiences because mists could just be my imagination... Now, I kind of wish that I had thought about them a little more because after that things seemed to escalate.

Sometime in the middle of September (2009) I had my first run-in with sleep paralysis. It was a terrifying experience; I don't recommend it to anyone and hope I never experience it again. It felt as if I had woken up from a bad dream because I jolted awake. I remember it being light in my room, and that comforted me. As I lay in my bed, I began to realize that I couldn't move anything except for my eyes. I started to panic. Just when I was at the point of hyper-ventilation did the sleep paralysis give and I could move again. I was really upset by this experience, and the thing that seemed the most peculiar is that I didn't see or feel anything holding me down, I simply couldn't move. Has this happened to anyone else? The next part of my story has is about a dream. Now I know that this site isn't for dream interpretation, and that's not what I'm looking for, but I do feel that including this dream in the story is vital to explaining what's going on, so bear with me. The whole over-tone of the dream was incredibly drab and dull. It was probably the closest thing to a black and white dream I have ever had.

My friends Julia, Emily, Aquila, and I were at our old high school. Some sort of ceremony was going on (maybe it was a graduation type thing, I'm not really sure) and there was a sort of procession. We were in the crowd, looking to see who would be walking down next. Suddenly, we all see Jacob wearing a black suit walking down. We all knew Jacob was dead so I suppose we all accepted that this was his ghost coming to visit. (I have to interject and say that at this moment in the dream, I remember thinking to myself "I have to post this on your ghost stories!") Ignoring the somewhat sinister smile he had on his face, we immediately ran over to him and held him in a group-embrace. At that moment, he literally vanished in our arms. We all began to cry and I remember saying, "He was so real, I can't believe he's gone, he was so real". I then found myself walking with my friend Emily in a different part of the school. I remember seeing a look of deep sadness and almost fear coming from her eyes, so I tried to cheer her up by saying, "Don't you think it's funny that Jacob's ghost had that haircut?" she replied, "what are you talking about?" I said, "You know, Jacob had a haircut like Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate factory". Her eyes then seemed to get an even more fearful look in them. She said, "I didn't see that. But he looked different to me too. I don't think that was Jacob, something was different. Something was wrong". I then began to think back (in the dream) about how Jacob looked and his image showed up. He had the sinister smile he had before except now his eyes were also pitch-black. I was terrified because at this point in the dream I was completely conscious that I was in a dream, and it was as if he was looking right at my conscious-self, almost like he was looking right through me. I then jolted awake.

The clock read 3:30am. Needless to say I was pretty scared, so I turned my television on to help comfort me. It took me a good hour to fall asleep again because I had the intense feeling of being watched, and although it seriously could have been my imagination, I thought I saw a black mist fly out of my room through the ceiling.

So, my question is, what the heck does all of this mean? Is Jacob stuck between worlds or is something else messing with me?

It's odd that Jacob would come to me because my other friends were much closer to him.

Sorry this was so long, by the way.

Other hauntings by Nor_Cal_Girl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nor_Cal_Girl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
sorry about jacob,Don't buy the demon theory he's just letting you know he's still around. My radio turns on and of all the time, It is a sign. Try talking to him and answer how he would, This will mean a lot to him. Know the dream your talking about nothing to worry about, you miss him take care daz.
xxsynxx21 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
to be honest it seems as Jacob might be stuck between worlds and he was trying to give closer but it seems as if demons have took him, and will be serving the devil, as the sounding to the black eyes, and the reason why you felt tied down was probably because Jacob was still hugging you from the dream, in my personal opinion I would just pray for him, and to have closer
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
Definitely not looking to challenge whatever that was, so no worries there. I will take your advice, Wardo. Thanks.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-23)
Well bldfalcon, you just sort of played your whole theory down by including the part about "supernatural bs". I would have to include my opinion that it is not a demon. Black eyes can also be an indication of a departed soul or unfinished business. I would be very careful to conclude that it is a demon just yet. There is still a possibility of course, but I'm not getting that vibe from this. I think your friend's death has shaken your whole circle of friends, and there must have been some kind of connection in your mind at least. Say some prayers and maybe try saying a prayer for Jacob. See what happens and let us know if you need help with anything! Whatever you do, don't challenge the spirit to do anything else, just ignore it and don't give it any power over you.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-22)
i agree with all you on that one. It has to be a demon. They play games, becuase they want you to feel more depressed and more suicidal even. That's what they do! They catch when your more vulnerable. One thing good about demons, is that there patient and they know how to choose their victims wisely. Jacob is long gone, move on and let it be known that you getting played by your own fears. Fears of losing someone else. Thing about your friends thata re still living. That's what is more important. Trust me I've been in your situation, only without the supernatural bs.
maryelizabeth88 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-21)
i would have to say it was a demon. Demons are known for the black eyes and causing fear. Sounds like your jacob has moved on but in place of your friend a demon still wants to play.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-21)
The only odd thing is that I hadn't thought about Jacob for almost a month, so it really and truly was completely random. It would be interesting to hear what you have to say about the dream. So yes, I'd like to hear your interpretation.
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-21)
It is not uncommon for other spirits or even demons to disguise themselves as someone close to the heart to break into personal space and wreak havoc. Then again, it could have just been a nightmare interpreting the feelings you had towards him in life and surrounding his death.
If you want a dream interpretation, say so on here and I will contact you. My address is about to change on here as soon as I have time to change it.
If not good luck anyway! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: