You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted House 3

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House 3

 

A house is just a house, unless of course its haunted.

Not long after that is when we started hearing it. The knocking. It returned. There was a banging in the wall on mom's side of the house. It kind of sounded like an echo bouncing off the walls. It started out over there and then it started knocking as far as the kitchen wall. It never seemed to go any farther though. It never knocked on my side of the house. The living room was a great target for its repeated haunted. As far as I'm concerned we never paid much attention to it either, perhaps that's why it kept it up so we would pay attention to it. We were so oblivious to the weird stuff that this wasn't anything out of the ordinary. That knocking became a revolution of the haunting memory of the haunted house. It was like a drum in the back of our minds the persistent constant knock.

The telephone had a strange agenda as well. It'd ring and no one would be on the other end. Creepier than that is when the phone would impersonate people that weren't calling at all. Our home was just getting to strange...

A typical night we're all camped out in one room; a huge bang erupted from the basement and shook the whole house. It sounded like an explosion. We all jarred and asked, "What was that?!" But frozen to our spots, none of us dared to check out the problem.

My mother and brother tested out the knocking and finally gave it some attention. The rapping took five knocks. So they knocked five times back on the kitchen table and it did another series of raps. That was enough for them that they stopped.

We were worn out from that house. We took our pictures and it'd be the last recording of that place. My brother and I moved out before our mother did. After my brother and I left the house the knocking stopped. Also in the middle of the night the back door opened by itself one last time, for in the morning it was wide open. Maybe the ghosts walked out too.

I think about that house that final day when it sat alone and how it must have not reached its goal when all the survivors inside made it out, not in the directions we wanted to go, but alive with one breath left recalling that something there had taken the life out of us. And it took years to recover healthily for any of us.

What a story right? I'll be the first to tell you that! It happened though. We couldn't ignore the fact that it did. Just when we thought it might have been our imaginations or that maybe we were just angry with life, there were the pictures.

I wrote the current renters/owners of the house and had a conversation with a man there. He was actually helpful about it. He claims nothing out of the ordinary is there now. Maybe there isn't. That doesn't surprise me at all.

Like any haunted house, you have your tales. Some are tall and long, others are short roundabouts. As in this case its an open book to interpretation. Its a very common story with a twist of strange!

Other hauntings by NightGhost

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BeyonDaVeil (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-24)
"A Friend is a Gift who worth cannot be measured" and a Brother is someone more than that... I wish the Best of Luck to Both of you & your Family, for having the courage to bear the Paranormal Activites in that house. There comes a time in life when the world shuts it door on you and a Brother is the one that comes in handy.

I'm new to YGS and this is the best Story so far for me. I'm facing myself an indepth study towards 'Shadows & Movements'. Whatever it is the Shadows never leave me, Day or Night. Hoping to hear more from your end.

Again! An amazing story to read. I wish you and your family the Best in Everything. Take Care & God Bless.
cjsemple99 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-10)
I tried to look at the pics but it didn't show up. Glad you moved out.
mai2 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
Dang I really love your stories and what a great writer you are! Uhm I was hoping if you could send me the pics? If you don't mind of course cause I just love these paranormal thgs. It might sounds odd, but I like it, so what the hell?

I salute you from what you've gone thru, you cn still manage to live it up though. Well done!
NightGhost (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Sorry everyone I changed my website address from a couple people who were stealing all my historical facts and making a scene about em. Anyway here is my haunted link.

Http://z10.invisionfree.com/HauntedHeartland/index.php?
thinkingfunny123 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
Hey, what are the academy stories? As soon as I heard it I was all like making weird things up in my head. Did the doctors you went to come up with a name for the illness you had? Ghost-a-barf, perhaps? ๐Ÿ˜‰
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
That sure have been creepy all years long and glad you don't live there anymore.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Ok it's my own personal website message board that I started to keep track of all my destinations. Some I haven't updated and don't have full information on but most of them I do. I'm always adding to it when I get new information. The Academy is on there along with a couple others in the area I have personal stories of my own. Here is the link:

Http://z10.invisionfree.com/Weird_Wisconsin/index.php?

๐Ÿ˜
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
oh yes very true got to respect some people don't like there pictures all over the internet LOL I sure wouldn't like mine to be everywhere:)

Glad you and your mom are good:)

But I would like the link to your Haunted website so I can read there so you don't have to write as much lol
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Wow, I really enjoyed reading all 3 parts to this story. This is the best story I've read for a while, you've been through a lot and that house sounded very creepy and annoying. Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful story.

I hope to hear more from you soon, take care.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
What an amazing story, the way you wrote the story, descriptions, amazing seriously.

I feel for you, your brother and your mom. It is a shame you and your brother do not speak now, things have different ways of effecting people, maybe the marriage has also attributed as well. Great to know you and your mom have a relationship now.

I would have to ask the same question as one of the tenants, "why did you never get the house blessed?" you have aslready answered that.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
I did enjoy this story very much, but the fact that you refuse to show these photos makes me wonder if it were not all made up. If you have actual proof of all this (photos of ghosts) then you should share them. You can always blot out the faces.

Anyway, very good ride.
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-10)
Hey...
That was a long emotional journy you had! Well I don't know what to say, since its over 15 years now. I only hope you are able to move past all this and live as you deserve. One advice though...please...please...do not bother going back to that house even to generally check it out. I think its best you leave it alone!

Regards & Prayers,
Logan
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Bravo NightGhost. It was definitely worth the wait. That house is gone out of your lives now. It's time for you & your brother to reconnect. Don't let those negative spirits rule your lives. Take back all the joy & happiness you all deserve!
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Wow I couldn't wait to read part 3 that is so crazy if I was in your situation I probably be in the crazy house for no one believing me Glad you guys got out

Sad to know you and your brother were close than and now you guys don't talk at all: (

I would like to see pics of how you guys looked different and stuff and would love to hear about the other stories the Academy ones to
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Wow!, hope you can finally put everything to rest and that your life is bright and happy now, seems like you have gone through so much... Hope your family is well too,
Thanks for sharing your story, you write so well!, and yes, please do share the other stories with us as well๐Ÿ˜
God Bless you,

Claudia
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-09)
Wow and OMG! You have been through soooo much with this house!

Are you and your brother still close? Have things calmed down enough to have a relationship with your Mom? Did things improve at your dads houise as far as family ties and relationships?

I wouold also love to hear the stories you made mention of early in your story.

Thanks for taking the time to share these terrific (and absolutley terrifying) stories with us!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: