You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghosts And Orbs Haunting Bridge And Warehouse

Real Ghost Stories

Ghosts And Orbs Haunting Bridge And Warehouse

 

We have a bridge here in Eau Claire Wisconsin, with an old factory building behind it. For the locals the Banbury building is reputably known to be haunted. The stories attached to it are legendary of course, but no doubt something haunts the facility. And right across from the old warehouse building is the Eau Claire River. The E.C. River has the unique S shaped bridge in the city. Both these establishments are historical and referenced back to founding city days. So no doubt that either can carry a legacy or more.

My personal experiences date to the beginning of fall last year. I was doing historical research on the bridge, discovering its history and its builders. On the plaque next to the bridge read the foundation and the discovery of the trains that could curve on the S shaped monument. (During building, one of the workers died on a fall. No one ever suspected this bridge to be haunted. It may not be, but something lurks around there.) I took a few pictures and ended up with an orb on the bridge. I wasn't necessarily too pleased with an orb in my picture since I was looking for historical photos to represent my research. Every day I'd go back and the same orb would appear in different locations. It was then that I read that the man who built it fell to his death. So once I realized who the orb might be I asked him kindly to stay out of my pictures so I could as least get good pictures without un-earthly spectres taking the spotlight. He obeyed and I got my pictures.

Some people I went to school with found my blog on my space and decided to go down to the bridge and make a spectacle about the occurrence since they felt they had ghost work to do. This was in February. They made a you tube video about it and I felt shattered that people could be so cruel to expose a friendly spirit and mock it to smithereens. So I went down to the bridge one night hoping that the spirit wasn't mad that I opened something no one knew anything about. I took some pictures and once again it appeared to me like usual, dancing in the moonlight. If spirits can hear us, I told him I was sorry. After all the presence on the bridge is a calm one and I believe he looks out for his lovely bridge.

As I was walking to the other side, kind of gazing in my own thoughts I saw a man near the Banbury building. He was in all black, and making his way up the stairs on the side of the building. He was clear as day even in the dead of the night. As I neared closer and thought I'd be able to see the "real" person he was not there. I thought, that was odd. I had just seen a man I thought was human climbing the stairs and it was gone right before my eyes. I then linked the haunted warehouse building to the bridge. Perhaps there are many spirits down there by the Eau Claire River. After all people of by gone days are left behind in one form or another...

Other hauntings by NightGhost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NightGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NightGhost (10 stories) (6 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-26)
These fools made a website mocking me and talk about this video a lot on it how they were robbing me, proud of it, and wanted me to glea of their theifery. That woman is disturbed more so than myself. I write to inspire or entertain. She writes to annoy mock or put down. It was so horrid what she did I filed a police report to investigate her and some other idiots, turns out they have been stalking me for a long time.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
That great and I agree, Also you should read about my aunt's experenice.
NightGhost (guest)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
Yeah they'll be sorry when they die and some young punks come back and torture their souls. It's called karma and I love my friend karma!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
I agree with Hopeful23 and yeah it's is great story. People can be dumb cruels to mock or something to the spirits I don't like it and they will be sorry.
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-14)
You're probably right Hope. Thanks for the comment. I always have strange experiences.
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-13)
What a great story! That's too bad that those people you went to school with had to do such a mean thing to the spirit. I'm sure that the worker heard your apology since you saw that figure. I believe that showing himself to you was his way of saying that he forgave you.

-Hope

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: