You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Haunted Home For Sale

Real Ghost Stories

Our Haunted Home For Sale

 

Heres my story...

Our home was a large Duplex built in aprox 1900 & it was built by the town mill to house the workers. My grandfather worked for the mill & bought the house somwhere in the 50's-60's when my grandfather passed on in the late 60's my family came to live on one side and my grandmother lived on the other until her death in the 80's.

Myself & 4 siblings shared the appt with our parents and one by one, my siblings went to college, got married etc... And they all moved away. Me being the youngest, decided to stay with mom & dad, live the single life & have fun for a bit. My dad passed on in 1995, so my mom & I lived alone until I met mrs wonderful in 1997. We got married a short time later and stayed with my mom until her passing in 1998.

All went well for awhile & then we started noticing things like things just plain dissapearing and later they would reappear in the same spot in which they were put!

A few years later I started renovating the other side of the house & the tennants mentioned hearing things like footsteps etc... I just passed it up as being my grandparents "checking up" on the place & told the tennants not to worry as they were very nice people in life.

Awhile later, we ended up moving to the other side as our side was in need of renovations & we heard noises and had lights,tv's,lamps etc... Turn on by themselves & often in pictures you can see "orbs" hovering over whomever is in the pics.

Well, the renovations never took place as the state passed a bunch of strict lead paint laws & between the needed repairs & the fast rising property taxes (4200.00 a year) we decided enough is enough and had my brother put it on the market.

One question I have is, should I tell the new owner about this or just wait to see if they bring it up? As I said, whatever is there never bothered anyone but will it be different if somebody new is there?

Thanks for reading this and if there's anything else you need to know, please ask.

B.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Rhode Island

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, strangestuff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

tascha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
yes I think tell the new owners in a light hearted manner that somtimes there's a playful energy in the beautiful home. 😁
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Hey,

Its a pretty old house, guess if you told the new owners or the prospective buyers that you hear noises in the house... They would definately understand (not saying they will buy it though!). It may not be as easy to sell the place with the history... But atleast you will have a clean conscience. Give it a try.

Logan
NightGhost (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
In todays world why would anyone tell anyone about a haunting? Most people don't believe in that anyway or at least don't want to hear about it. Some do not even experience it. They are the lucky ones. I wouldn't tell anyone anything. It may be your family hauntings but not theirs. If they ask down the road tell them that your grandpa may be 'checking' up on the place but you're not sure. Things get ridiculous once these things leak out. Stories twist into rumors and such. Let the dead rest. 😊
Succubussed (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
I personally think that you cannot do to someone else what you would not want done to you without incurring negative Universal debt.

If you would be ok with someone selling you a house without telling you that it had this sort of paranormal activity, then you're good to go. If not, then you gotta tell 'em.
Sinobiah (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
I think maybe wait and see what happens. But its all up to you. Once you guys leave the place, the spirits there might leave to because I believe they might be your family.

But on the other hand maybe I would tell them and just warn them, but then again... That might scare them off. But also make sure you checkup on the state laws as Hydee said. It might be a good idea.

Give them your contact details incase anything does happen as hobbyholly stated. Maybe you could also get Paranormal inestigators to Investigate the place and see if they find anything? Or have the house blessed.

Thats just my opinion though! Good luck 😁
Haunted86 (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
It would be lovely if you'd tell the future owner about this so none of the kids end up having trumatic life experiences later in life due to this. Believe me, I lived in a house that was sooo haunted I am still scared to death of being in a closet with the lights turned off. You don't know...
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
This is what I would tell new owners:

That house has been in your family for years. Say things like "we had many good times here, a lot of good memories". You MIGHT want to say something like "my wife and I believe my grandparents check on the place". You might want to offer the phrase "if you have any questions feel free to contact me" (thats if you're willing to answer them)

Or maybe don't tell them at all. It might be a bad selling move (especially in this market). What does your gut tell you?
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-13)
Some states have full disclosure laws, requiring sellers to state any unusual activity in the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: