You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Old Woman And The White Cat

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Old Woman And The White Cat

 

It was the summer of 1987; I was 19 years of age. Fresh faced from a hippie commune and found myself a job in the main town. I was lucky because I struck gold with a lovely house that was built in the 1920's and on a leafy street, very middle class. I moved in with a woman and her four screaming kids and felt right at home until one night two months later everything changed!

I came back from a party in a pretty drunken state (I remember singing) and stumbled around the back of the house so I wouldn't wake everyone up. It was two in the morning I remember and there she was, a little old woman looking really cheesed off. I thought she escaped from the nursing home, which was just down the road from us so I took no notice of her and stumbled inside.

It wasn't until two weeks later I was invited to dinner party and it was 2am again. This time I was sober and was thinking about the beautiful girl I was chatting up and there she was again (the old woman, not the girl, pity though), standing looking angry at me. She had long flowing gray hair, yet it wasn't windy, and a long whitish gown and no feet. Then she just...vanished. I don't remember much after that.

A month later a good mate of mine rocked up with a six pack of beer, a video and a pavalova (yuk). Anyway, as I was setting up the video, and he was getting the beer ready, all the lights started to flicker, the windows went up and down, doors started to slam then the video spat out, missing my head. My mate was out the door screaming blue murder. I found out later that an old woman died IN my bedroom. She was doomed (or should I say I was doomed) to haunt that house for some odd reason. Never found out what the reason was.

Just briefly. That house was really weird. I used to see a white cat running around. My housemate had a poddle and that poodle hated me and vise versa. Anyway, one day I saw the poodle running back followed by a white "ball" then the white "ball" would run by followed the poofy poodle. This went on for ages. But I would look around to see if a cat got inside the house but there would be nothing there. I figured out that what I saw was a ghost cat.

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
Haha. "The old Bat is back" that is a little funny.
My questions to you:
Why was she Doomed?

Nice Footnote. It kind of finishes the story.

Tunka: I think blue murder means that a ghost is angry and will kill you? I'm sort of puzzled with that too. I don't hear it AROUND me, but I hear it ONLINE. I just don't get the meaning.
I also think it is a phrase meaning another thing for "GHOST!".
Maybe someone could comment telling you and me why.
Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
I've heard of blue murder, some people have said it many times around me, but I what does it mean?
tascha (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
hahaa the old bat is back. Can be hard to get rid of ghosts esp if theyre angry. Cheers
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
i liked your little footnote 😁
Cool story, you write well.
Ever thought about returning to see if you could find out why she was "doooomed"
Take care
AussieRedDog (24 stories) (81 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-16)
Just a quick footnote: I went back there about two years later and met up with a street kid. We sat down and had a coffee together (my shout). We ended up having this conversation about where he was staying. As it turned out, he was living in a halfway house RIGHT next door to where I used to live. He then told me about how he couldn't sleep at night because of this little old lady standing at the bottom of his bed glaring at him. I laughed and spilt my coffee. "Man," I said, "the old Bat is back!"

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: