You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Spirit In My Parents House?

Real Ghost Stories

A Spirit In My Parents House?

 

I have a couple of different but related things that I would like to share and maybe get some advice on. To start out a few months ago when my parents and siblings were being paid to clean out this house. The people who had lived there had taken off leaving half of their stuff inside the house.

One night they had taken my 4 year old (5 now) son while I was at work. He went down in the basement with my little brother and when he got down there he got really scared and said something about there being a "scary girl" down there. She came from the big black hole. I wasn't there so I can't repeat exactly what it was. He still will mention things occasionally like "I think the scary girl is coming". He won't sleep in his own room he sleeps in my room. He says that it is a scary room and he won't even play in there. My apartment is only 3 years old and I am the only person who has lived in it.

Okay, so on to the next story. My sister (who is 17) and my mom begin hearing knocking on the wall about 1 1/2 weeks ago and the lights would flicker on and off. They just played it off and weren't to worried about it. Four days ago my son came walking up the stairs and said a black blow up thing just went in to the bathroom. He seemed scared and so my mom took him in to the bathroom and showed him that nothing was there, he seemed surprised as if he knew he was going to see something.

The other night my sister was sitting in her bed reading with her TV on mute and she heard a raspy, gruff voice say her name. She immediately tried to play it off and turned her TV up to make sure it had still been on mute. She thought maybe it was my dads TV so she went and opened her door and it was silent. She stayed up reading her scriptures the rest of the night. They are LDS (Mormon).

When telling my parents about it the next day she got very emotionally upset and just cries any time it is mentioned. She is extremely scared. She has sensed my Great grandpa being around before and knows what a "good" spirit feels like. She said that this does not seem good or necessarily bad. She seemed extremely depressed yesterday and I just don't know how to help her.

Last night her and I were playing a game of Phase 10 and my son went to get something out of the fridge he screamed like a girl and came running over to us. We asked him what was wrong and he said that he had seen the black blow up thing. I am assuming he is seeing a dark cloud or something. I just don't know what to do to help either of them. They are both scared and paranoid to even go in a room by themselves.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spblanco, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Niteress (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-17)
We do free investigations, if you really want to know, get in touch:) http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/ghost-hunters-usstates.php?state=UT&page=1
Alex_Gutt (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-25)
Good Morning. I have had horrible experiences with spirits over the past ten years and I was starting to wonder what is wrong with me or my family. And I just want to know if the same thing is happening to someone else or it is just me. Looks like I found you. If you want to get in touch, if you think you are in conditions to dig this all up again, or if you know of someone else who has had these experiences, just let me know. I just want to make it clear that it is heavy stuff. But it may help me understand better somethings. Or no...
My skype: carlossilva47
Mail:alessandroj.silva [at] live.ru

Thanks in advance
Brook (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
After reading this amazing sequence of events, it's interesting to note that everyone around you has witnessed something except you. What do you think is happening? Sometimes, stress is a factor in things 'stirring up' around us leading us to believe its paranormal plus five year old boys make great actors! But they are 'sensitives' too.;) Watch your boy, follow his lead. He'll have the answers.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
Well, I'm pretty sure your son is a sensitive. It's possible that his energy is what's attracting spirits. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but you should probably sit down with him and get him to talk about what he's seen. Reassure him that he does not have to be scared, and that if he doesn't like seeing these things, he can try asking them to leave him alone. You'd be amazed at how many "imaginary friends" are not so imaginary.
uanheuk (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
If nothing has happened before for well over 18 years, it is a pretty good chance that nothing is happening to begin with and it is just the case of over active imaginations and stress. ESPECIALLY with children, don't let them on to what you think might be going on, they will feel left out and make stuff up to try and get involved.
spblanco (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
Well things have calmed down. There house is beginning to feel more normal. My sister hasnt seen or heard anything since she heard the voice so all we can do is wait and hope that it doesn't happen again. My family has lived in the house for 18 years. Nothing like this has ever happened before. Before we moved in we lived 8 houses down the street and would have known if something had taken place there. There has never been any deaths or anything other than my baby passing away in utero. The house was built in the 70's. Thanks for commenting.
55_girlzrocks_55 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
i think you should investgate on what ever they are seeing you are bound to get hold of something and maybe sk your son what that thing looks like then ask anybody for the history of the house or use internet and if your sister or son got a spiritual event again maybe they could come up with a name then look it up I think you should pray and don't be so scared or they will become more scary to you if your wondering why I know much me and my classmates are investigators of ghost since our school is haunted you might say we are ghost hunters just not official comment me if anything happens ok 😊
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
when your sister reads her scriptures tell her to ask God (or however Mormons pray to I'm not familiar with that since I am a christian) and to protect her and give her strength and courage while shes in the house. God will prevail over anything evil or bad and tell her to try not to be scared because spirits or ghosts I think like to prey off of our fears when we're the most vulnerable.

As for your son I think you just have to reassure him that you won't let anything happen to him and that God will protect him as well. I have a son who is still a baby and can't talk but I do believe that children can see things that we can't and making sure they don't feel like they're different or wrong for seeing those things will help them cope with it better and let them know that it's okay to be scared but that they have the courage inside them to over come that fear

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: