You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Parents Don't Believe Me When I Say This Place Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

My Parents Don't Believe Me When I Say This Place Is Haunted

 

About 6 years ago my family moved into this house. At that time, nothing bad happened. No paranormal stuff, nothing out of the ordinary. So I'll skip to the part all the fun (somewhat scary) stuff happened. Around 4 years ago, I kept loosing my (small) stuffed animals, and small collectables stored on my dresser. My family members were reporting losing stuff as well, such as watches, jewelry, legos, and other things. We didn't know where it all went for a few weeks. Until Mom told me and my sister to clean our room. I decided to clean underneath my bed (because I was sure there was only some dust, maybe a few toys) when I noticed that all mine and the rest of my family members stuff lying there. I thought nothing of it, and told my sister, who told our brother (I think it was only one of them), who told our parents. We all took what was ours, and blamed me for taking it. I told them I never recalled taking them, but I was willing to take the blame. I believe that I (or someone else) had just walked around and took the stuff, or took them to frame me.

But anyways, fast forward another 2 years and me, my mother, and my sister were hanging out in mine (and my sisters) room. Our cat was acting weird, and seemed on edge. We thought it was pretty funny, and thought of it as normal behavior considering she had never been in our room before. I took out my phone and filmed the entire thing. I only stopped filming when our cat left. I replayed the video with the sound on and heard something odd. A voice that belonged to a male. At the time I was filming, my brothers were downstairs and my father was at a store. My brothers were playing a board game, and denied ever coming up there in the last hour or so. I went back into my room and listened through the audio a couple times to figure out what the male voice said. "Are you?" Is what it said for those who are curious. I showed the film to my mother, who said I had edited it. I denied doing that, and had her listen to all the audio effects I had in the single editing app I had at the time.

She still didn't believe me, so I went back into my room and recorded myself asking a bunch of questions, waiting for a response. I listened to the audio and... Nothing. I showed my father the first video when he got back home, but not even he believed me. My siblings did though, since they can tell when I am lying and when I'm not. Ever since that day I have been waiting for something else to happen. Something to prove that I didn't fake the video.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crystal_Tears, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

JoJorocks (4 stories) (27 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-02-17)
I understand how you feel. Because my family, yeah most of them, doesn't believe in my experiences too. But have you tried showing the video and anything else to your friends? Maybe they'll believe you.
Bodi-Gundamma (1 stories) (21 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-09-28)
I believe you mama... All well... Ok? Remember Iam your friendship
OCGirl (4 stories) (64 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hi Crystal Tears:

I'm sorry they don't believe you. Personally, I find that very frustrating. Eventually something will occur when you're not there & they'll have no choice but to admit it's not you.

Be well ❤
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hello Crystal_Tears, thanks for sharing your story! It sounds as if you captured some genuine ghost activity on your phone! Is there anyway you could share the video here, I'd be curious to see what you caught. It's sad that your family blamed you for the missing stuff and didn't believe your video. LightMight's right, sometime parents do believe what their kids tell them but are too freaked out or are afraid it will make the situation worse if they admit it. I have read many stories here where parents have disbelieved their kids stories and years later after they've moved out and the kids are older, the parents then admit to their own experiences. Most of the time they just can't explain or deal with what's happening, it's not 'normal'. Parents don't want other adults to think they're crazy for going through what they're going through, it's easier to just live in denial, more acceptable to society if it's written off as the kids imagination. Don't give up! Keep believing and you'll get your proof, you know what happened! Good luck and I hope to see more of your stories here!
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hi Crystal Tears,

You have my sympathy; I also live with a couple of family members who happen to be non-believers in anything paranormal happening in our home. I live in an old house that has been 'active' since my family has moved into it. The only other person who has experienced anything paranormal in our house, is my young daughter. Both of my teenage sons don't believe in anything to do with hauntings, or spirit activity, yet they totally believe in the possibility of Bigfoot and UFO's existing - I still don't get that,smh... Even when strange, unexplained things happen right in front of their eyes (moving objects), they come up with a way to doubt that it's paranormal, or they explain it away. It used to upset me, but now I just accept the fact that they preceive things differently than how I see things...

So, here's a few ways to look at it: sometimes people may say they don't believe you when you try to tell them about your paranormal experiences because they personally may have never experienced anything like it before, in their own lives. So, maybe it's not that they don't believe you, it's just that for them maybe "seeing, is believing".

Another thought on this is, maybe they just don't want to accept that something strange is happening in their home? Also, maybe they don't want to freighten or scare any of you by acknowldeging the evidence you filmed and presented to them? Afterall, most parents strive and work hard to make a family home safe and comfortable for everyone who has to live there...

While you may not be able to convince them right now, the important thing to keep in mind is that you and your siblings together can start keeping notes ('journaling') on what you are experiencing. Not only will this allow you to document what's going on and give you some written proof, but it might also help you vent about how you're feeling. Whether it's someone trying to frame you for taking and hiding personal items, or something paranormal is taking place, you will have it in writing that you have taken notice of the activity and want to bring it to their attention.

Stay strong, and good luck! LightMight

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: