You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My Parents Saw Me, But It Wasn't Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Parents Saw Me, But It Wasn't Me

 

I'm sorry this story will be quite short, in a way scary but most definitely curious.

Years ago when I was a teenager like many I lived at home with my parents. One night I got home after visiting with friends. I went to my parents room to let them know "I'm home". My father woke up and asked why I told them I arrived a second time, and added I had notified them I was home at least a half hour earlier. I asked, how could that be, I just got home.

Several years past and I was now an active duty soldier stationed in Ft. Drum, NY and living in Pulaski, NY. My parents were visiting since my wife and I had a new born and welcomed their help even for a little while. One morning I was heading out to my vehicle and went to work. My uniform was the standard issue woodland's cammo. My parents watched me get into my vehicle and leave.

My father said they were still looking out the window and saw me again walking outside in a white uniform, I was never issued white uniforms and there were no other soldiers living in that building... Much less anyone else who looked like me.

Has anything like this happened to anyone and would anyone know what that could've been?

My father has had strong spiritual ties and has claimed to have been involved in spiritual warfare, he can't explain what they saw. He didn't feel threatened by it in either instance.

As a child I've traveled the astral planes through mirrors and have shut myself off from those gifts years ago. Could it be possible I may have brought something back?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Juan_Doooh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Paul1 (1 stories) (17 posts)
-3
2 years ago (2022-05-27)
You " I've traveled the astral planes through mirrors" Yeah okay, sure. No such thing dude! But that why there's so many unwell folks around lately.
M00nchxld_ (3 stories) (9 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-04-24)
ive had a similar experience with my boyfriend claiming to see me, when I wasn't there, and me seeing him when he wasn't there. We arent sure if it was the same entity or different, but they have caused us no harm other than slight dizziness for me... If youve had any other experiences like this, please let me know... I'm interested to figure out why this happened.- Day/ Moon
slendrinaNjeff4evr (1 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-16)
Hmmm very interesting. I'm a first. My first time on here. I come from a family that believes that everything exists for a reason. Until the day I turned 13 I have been able to see dark shadows, spirit's, ghost's, demons and things that I don't describe in details. I just barely got out of the hospital. Long story short my family told me while I was still in the hospital, late at night between midnight and 4 a.m. They can hear my voice from different part's of our home and when I finally got discharged everyone finally got there rest.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-03-06)
Hi Juan_Doooh,

I find your story quite relatable, and as others have mentioned here, it's very interesting that your father witnessed both incidents too!
From what I've experienced, and from what information I've read on the subjects of doppelgangers and time anomalies, it's not uncommon for people to experience other types of paranormal or unexplained phenomena throughout their lives. Perhaps both of your parents have precognitive abilities? Maybe you have inherited some of their gifts - have you considered that it may run in your family?

Keeping a personal journal might not be a bad idea; it can help you compare and validate any patterns you might see arise from these experiences you've had.

Good Luck!
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-26)
Hello Juan_Doooh, thanks for sharing your story. This could be as aforementioned a doppelganger, there's several theories regarding what these are and why they exist.

It's possible what was experienced was some sort of time slip. Since your parents say that you had notified them a half hour earlier that you were home, it seems as if what they experienced was what was about to happen. The second instance involving you again going outside yet with the white uniform is an interesting twist. Have you ever worn anything similar since this sighting? You said you hadn't prior to the incident. I ask because perhaps your father saw some form of the future like it seems he had the first time, only perhaps farther ahead.

There's documentation on people who can see events that have happened as well as those that haven't happened yet. I think many times when people have experienced incidents on civil war battlefields of actual conflicts, they're not seeing ghosts per say, but 'seeing' into the past.

It is curious your parents were the only ones to see this phenomenon and your dad in particular. I'd be more curious as to what he had encountered spiritually. You had mentioned he had some sort of spiritual warfare, perhaps what he saw was a direct result of that, someone imitating you.

In either case perhaps this will offer more perspective and it is a fascinating story! Good luck!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-02-26)
Greetings, Juan_Doooh, and welcome to YGS.

I'm quite concerned by your concluding paragraph. When you state that you "have shut myself off from those gifts years ago," do you mean that you took specific steps to "block" those gifts, or that you simply stopped using them? If the former, then spiritual blocks do need to be refreshed from time to time; if the latter, you've not done anything other than ignore the ability; the ability itself has not gone anywhere.

My initial reaction to your question is that I *don't* believe that you've "brought something back" with you from your astral journeys. You would have had far more direct interaction with such a phenomenon than your dad witnessing something on two occasions. It is entirely possible, however, that the abilities that you believe to have been shut off are still active on a subconscious level and are capable of attracting new attention (This is why I asked about what you did to shut down this aspect of your spiritual identity).

It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that what your father saw, in each case, was something to do with *his* abilities/experiences in spiritual matters; bear in mind that he is the only one who witnessed both manifestations.

Best,
Biblio.
InTheNight (2 stories) (34 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-02-23)
The first one sounds like an etiäinen. It's kind of like an echo, except that IT goes/does things BEFORE you go/do them. They're not real entities themselves, so I wouldn't be concerned.

However the other one came AFTER you, so it can't be an etiäinen. And the uniform was different. I'm not sure what that means and I don't know when it happened, but there could be sonething to worry about since it didn't look EXACTLY like you did. THAT could be some kind of a doppelgänger and possibly dangerous, if we go by folk tales of doppelgängers trying to replace the original.

However since it was years in between, there might not be connection at all, and number 1 was an etiäinen and number 2 something else.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2022-02-23)
Fort Drum? We're almost neighbors. I live in Syracuse. Well, assuming you're still assigned to Ft Drum. Also many thank yous for your service.

Just out of curiosity, had you ever considered the navy as a military option?
Rajine (14 stories) (771 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-02-23)
Hi Juan_Doooh

My guess is that it could be a doppelganger, I've submitted a similar experience on this site, mirrors are also said to be portals to other realms.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: