You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadows At My Parent's House

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows At My Parent's House

 

I am not quite sure if I completely believe ghosts exist or not. Or better said: whether they exist or not, both ways scare me, so I try not to think about it. I came on this site really by accident, and started reading some stories. But because of these stories, I started thinking back to my youth when I still lived with my parents.

There are 3 different things that happened. But I do have to say that I was never completely at ease/comfortable at home, or I had a feeling someone was watching me. Actually, after some time, I felt like I was in that movie with Jim Carrey where his whole life is on tv without him knowing. So I always had a feeling I was being watched. But I always said it was just my imagination. Once my sister and my bedroom moved to the attic, I always RAN up the stairs to my room (the attic). So, the lights had to put out on the first floor, and then I had to do 2 more staircases to go to the attic. I always had the light from my phone on, so I could see a bit. But I always had the feeling someone was following me, so I started running. Even if I said to myself that I was being stupid and paranoid, and I didn't want to run on the stairs, I couldn't help myself and started running, every day again. Once I told my sister about that, and she said she had the same.

(this was just some background)

One of the things that happened was that I saw something like a shadow in the corner of my eye. Like when I was watching tv or I was talking with someone, I could suddenly turn my head because it looked like there was a shadow from someone that was standing there, but when I looked there was nothing. This happened really a lot, like more than once per day. But I always thought it was just because of the light or something (just to reassure myself, because I am a p**** when it involves these paranormal things). I never saw those shadows fully in my sight, only in the corner of my eye, so it could just be because of light-shadow games. I have no idea, and I don't really know if I still see them when I am there. After I moved out, I didn't see them in my own house (and because of some personal issues, I didn't go back to my parent's house for 7 months), I didn't think about the shadows anymore and never payed attention anymore to them. But next time I am at my parent's place, for sure I am going to check if I still see them there.

Another thing that happened 2 or 3 times is this:

This really spooked me back then, but again I just thought it was because of light-shadow games. The first time this happened, I remember it like it was yesterday. I was talking with my sister, when again I saw something in the corner of my eye, and I turned my head. But this time, it wasn't just a shadow, it was like there was a little boy hiding behind our couch. He was sitting squatted behind the side from the couch, like he was hiding. I even remember how he looked like. And I know my sister asked what was wrong, and I remember saying: "Oh nothing, it just seemed like there was a little boy hiding. Weird..." But, I don't remember what her answer was... I think she said something like that she has it too sometimes, but I 'm not 100% sure that she said that, it's been long ago. I am 29 now, and this happened around my 11-14 years old. And this "boy", I saw him 2 or 3 times.

And then another thing that only happened once.

I think this happened around my 16-18 years old. At one night, I woke up because I heard violin music. It was around 02. 30h - 03. 30h at night. I slept in a room together with my sister, but I was too afraid to make any noise and wake her up. This happened 4-5 nights after each other around the same time, and then I didn't hear it again until one night years later. But this was only one night and it never happened again. Now, the first week this happened, my windows were open at night, and the second night I went to look out of my windows. I didn't see anything weird, but the music came from outside. I know for sure it was a violin playing, because I play violin myself. The weird thing is that it were only 3 different music notes, and always the same melody. If you can call it a melody already, 3 notes every time again. This lasted for about half an hour and it stopped. I told my parents, but they didn't really react on it. They didn't say it was my imagination, but they didn't say anything else either. It's too bad that I was too afraid to wake my sister up, because I have no idea if it was in my head, or if it was real.

So, I just wanted to share my "experiences" with you all, I am going to see if I still have those feelings being watched at my parent's place, or if I still see those shadows. I do still have the feeling being followed when I go to my old room, and sometimes I start running again, but much less because mostly I am there during the day, and it is the dark that scares me the most:-)

Other hauntings by SDB1987

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SDB1987, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-22)
Hey Biblio,

No, it wasn't the Moonlight Sonata. I never heard it anywhere else. I'm just not sure anymore when I heard it the second time, whether I still lived with my parents or not. I think I didn't live there anymore, because I remember me telling it to my mom sitting at the kitchen table, what I only started to do when I moved out. Before that, I only used the kitchen table to eat:-)
The music sounded a bit creepy, because of the half notes (#-b), but it was nice actually. It was always the same, but never out of tone. And to do for half an hour, always the same 3 notes, it's not easy to don't have 1 false note in there. At least for me, to concentrate so long on only 3 notes, is hard. And on a violin, if your finger is 0,5mm too high/low, you hear it...

The watched feeling was especially in our hallway, and of course the staircase to my old room, allthough that was more a feeling like I was being followed, and probably because of that feeling, I felt like running. Because I had in my mind that someone was right behind me and he would grab me. The rest of the house, especially the living room, there I saw shadows and the little boy. And yes, the boy was kind of cute actually:-D

And who knows, maybe one day I will hear the violin again, I certainly hope so!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-20)
Greetings, SDB, and welcome to YGS.

When I read your narrative, the thing which struck me as odd was your statement that you heard a violinist playing, "only 3 different music notes, and always the same melody. If you can call it a melody already, 3 notes every time again. This lasted for about half an hour and it stopped." Could it have been the arpeggios from the first movement of Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata"? That would be unusual, as it is not often performed on the violin, but not impossible. As for whether it was a supernatural event or a novice violinist practicing when he or she thought everyone else was asleep, I can't determine, so I will not speculate.

The other events, though, were downright disturbing! Residual hauntings often share the characteristic ignorance of the modern world, repeating patterns of behavior that they considered normal or routine when they were alive; feeling as though you're being watched is usually the sign of an unpleasant haunting. As for the little boy eavesdropping on you, though, that's just childishly adorable.

Best,
Biblio.
SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Hi!
How I remember it, the boy was just hiding like he was eardropping and looking at us. It was kind of cute if I think back at it
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Hi there Sdb,

I agree with Randy, always get that impression with corner of eye stuff too. It's almost always at a distance, in another room, or walking away in another direction.

When the boy was hiding behind the couch, how did his manner seem? Did he appear cheeky, like he would pop up and surprise you both? Or did he appear concerned you'd seen him, like he felt the need to hide?

Can you remember what the three notes where? Did they sound like a partial scale or maybe a standard chord? Or was it something like tonic, 7th, 9th, for example?
This may have been a manifestation of your own efforts, while practicing.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
SDB1987 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-19)
Good morning Randy.
Thank you!
Well, to be honest, I went to my parents several times in the meantime, but nothing to see...
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-11-18)
SDB1987

Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing.
Contrary to some popular opinions, most interactions between the living and those living on the other side are NOT "full in your face, I am a ghost standing in front of you now" They are very quick and subtle things just like what you shared. Those living on the other side are around much much more than people think or realize. In fact most people would be stunned if they knew how much. We don't realize it most of the time because those on the other side do NOT want us to. Most of the time they want to carry on their next part of their journey in peace. In fact, and this may come as a shock to some but many times when we see them out of the corner of our eye for a fast glimpse it is due to a mistake on their part.
Anyway, I really enjoyed your experiences and hope you share more if you have them then next time you go back.

Regards
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: