You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Haunting On Campus

Real Ghost Stories

A Haunting On Campus

 

I am a college student. I have recently moved away from my home in Alabama to start my education. I attend a very historical college and I have heard 'stories' from a lot of people. I never gave the stories to much thought until about a month ago.

One night around 1am I was walking across campus to go to my dorm. There is a very long hallway beside our gym and I was going around the corner when I saw a dark shadow on the wall with no explanation. It appeared to be a very large male figure. I had the worst feeling I have ever had in my life at that moment. It was like all the anger and sadness and fear in the whole world landed right on my chest.

Now, even though I am a science major I was not to curious and walked all the way around the huge building and took the long way home. I let the little incident slip out of my mind until a few nights ago. For the past two weeks there have been strange things going on near or around my room. I have tried to explain them away but I can not think of anymore excuses.

My lights flip on and off CONSTANTLY to the point that is driving me insane. My computer blares heavy metal music as loud as it can periodically during the night. My alarm clock is stuck on 2:29 am and it never resets even if I unplug it. I feel someone touching my legs at night, I have even felt my cover be pulled off of me and now I have mysterious bruises and I can not think of a reason for me to have them even when I rack my brain.

My room-mate left about 3 weeks ago so I have the room to myself. When I look at my bed I can see the imprint of someone sitting there and my cover will never straighten out. Things go missing from my shelves all the time and I know that there has not been anyone in my room because I am the only one with a key. I never feel like I am alone and I try to avoid the room as much as I can. I sometimes hear heavy footsteps outside in the hall, but when I look there is no-one there and the lights are not on.

All of these things may seem silly, but I am getting to the point that I do not know what to do. I am very scientific minded and when I do not understand something it will drive me insane. In a way I feel like this is starting to control my life.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cally, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WillyScoot (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-10-03)
What School Was this? It sounds kind of similar to an experience my girlfriend is having while away at college.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
This has been said before, but the ouiija board is not the power, not the source of any "trouble" or not. IT'S THE PERSON or persons using it. Ouija is just a tool - powerless in and of itself without the one wielding it.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Please, whatever you do, DON'T use the ouji board! Try everything else on this page just not the ouji board. You could open yourself up to a lot more trouble. Also, try lighting some sandlewood incense. And burning sage to cleanse your dorm room. Mainly, you are going to have to tell this spirit that it is not welcome and that it need to go to the light/God. Good luck and keep us posted! ❤
Mystic2kyle (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
Interesting story! I definitely wanted to comment on this because not only do I love paranormal activity, but poltergeist activity in particular, and this case seems to fit the bill. It's interesting how many people suggest prayer, as being at peace with yourself can certainly help, but it doesn't always solve the problem. From my research on poltergeists, all that's for sure is that when they go away, it's usually of their own accord. I'd recommend following the steps everyone else has suggested (praying, research into the history of the room, etc.), but above all try to keep a cool head. If you don't feel threatened, there's not a whole lot to worry about, and it'll leave in it's own time.
Patch (3 stories) (91 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
I can't say much that hasn't already been said, but when I lived in my old house we had similar problems, I came to this site for help and I was told to start using lavender incense.
It works wonders:)

Good Luck ❤
paranormgirl005 (2 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
take the advises everyone's been giving...
I think you should also try to talk to the spirit to see what it wants from you...
Try the ouija board and if you don't want to just talk out loud...
Just remember to keep praying to God...
I've had that happen to me before in my room...
Kind of freaky but at that time I was already used to ghost hanging around me...

Hope everything goes well...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Moving away from home for the first time can be very stressful. College can be overwhelming until one acclimates. Not saying these are the reasons you are experiencing these things but it could be a factor. Coming from a scientific background try treating it like a scientific project. Research your dorm history or campus history for starters. You can also set up a video camera or digital recorder to see if you can pick up any anomalies. If what you find out convinces you, you are experiencing a haunting then you can take the next steps to get rid of it or at least have it respect your boundaries. Taking back your own space by your own authority is good advice. There are many in here who can give you good advice about how to cleanse and bless a space. In most places today there are people who are investigators and are able to help people experiencing this kind of phenomenon. Good luck and keep us posted.
bennie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
cally

I know your scared and who wouldn't be, but pray and ask for help. You also might try hanging up some cherobs to see if that helps. I hope everything gets better for you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
To me, this activity sounds like poltergeist activity. The things that are happening are in pretty close approximation with what poltergeists do. They like to make noise and cause havoc and frighten you. They can gain more power from your fear.

If having your dorm blessed is not something that you want to do, you can take some actions of your own. Place at least one cross in your room, preferally above the bed. Wear one around your neck. Say te prayers, say the Lords prayer. Tell 'it'to leave in the name of the Lord and it is not welcome to return.

I realize how hard this is. You may take a look at my profile and my stories and not I have had a few strange happenings and giving the advice in these cases is alwys easier than acting.

Keep us posted.
God Bless!
pow14ily (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
hi!
Wow that sounds really scary
😳
I agree with the people here
You should pray to God
Im sure that will help
:)
geekonme239 (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Oh, if I was in the same case, I thought I'd go mad too:|

Pray to God and have the dorm blessed. GBU
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Gosh it sounds very scary. I suggest that you should get your dorm blessed and you should keep a cross and a copy of the Bible and apicture of the holy mother and saint michael. This worked for my friend with asimilar problem. God bless.
shobha (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Gosh,it sounds very scary. Please get your dorm blessed, keep a cross and a copy of the bible. Good luck and god bless.
Arithod (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
like vox said reseach is your best bet but expand on what Vox said. Look int the history of the school any tragic death on campus or tragic/ violent death of someone related to the school even if it wasn't on campus. It sounds to me like the spirit is trying to get your attention. Try asking what it wants and how you can help. It may freak you out but there is always a reason for an encouter. Just be careful and if things get really bad ask for another dorm. Maybe the next person to get it will be able to figure it all out
woodfairy1075 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
i know this sounds easier said than done, but don't let it control you. I had a similar experience only in the apartment I lived in. I finally had to say out loud" Listen leave me alone and this is my place, I would like you to leave. Of all things this seemed to help, it didn't stop entirely, but it helped. LOts of luck.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
I always like hearing accounts from people schooled in the sciences like yourself, because I think such people make the best observors.

Have you done any investigation into the history of your dorm? For some reason many dorms are notoriously haunted, and the hauntings are almost always found linked to an intense or tragic event in the past. I'll bet yours is no different.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Hello,

Have you tried blessing the room and praying?, that could help 😳 all the best, Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: