You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dorms On Campus

Real Ghost Stories

Dorms On Campus

 

During my college years, I found out that most dorms in my University were haunted in one way or another (as stated in my other submissions). One dorm in particular stands out because it used to be a hospital. To this day, a nurse's station greets visitors at the entrance, while the double doors leading out from the hallway are made to open to the left and right.

A friend of mine was staying there, and in the middle of the semester started saying that she was going to move out. When I asked her why, she said that several nights for the past few weeks, all of the girls in the room (herself included) would all wake up at the same time in the middle of the night, at 3:00 AM. Her roommates would also swap stories about seeing a shadowy figure at their window at night. The figure never moved, just stayed there, arms crossed and looking in on them.

Another friend in another dorm on campus kept telling us stories about how someone always knocked on the door of their room in the middle of the night. Three sharp knocks, no more, no less. And every time they opened the door, there would be no one outside or even in the hallway.

This friend also freaked out because once, she went home for the weekend. When she came back to the dorm the next day, one of her roommates saw her and kidded, "you were totally knocked out last night, and I was trying to wake you up because I brought dinner for you and our other roommates). The roommate got the shock of her life when my friend said that she was at home for the weekend and she wasn't at the dorm (Note: this dorm in particular, has a lot of stories about doppelgangers.)

A popular ghost story/urban legend on campus tells the story of a girl who was packing her stuff and leaving for the semestral break. She saw a note posted on the door of her roommates' closet, "Please lock my cabinet when you leave". Thinking nothing of it, she locked the closet door and left the dormitory.

She found out the next semester that her roommate had died inside the closet; she was inside when she left the note for her roommate to find and had starved/suffocated herself in the closet over the break.

Other hauntings by 50ftqueen

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 50ftqueen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

thisweirdasian (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-08-01)
That urban legend is really familiar. Pray tell, is that dormitory the same one next to CPAR?
BlackMurderknot (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-18)
That was scary! I wonder what school it was... Anyway why the heck did that girl commited suicide? If I'm the girl leaving for the sembreak, I would check the cabinet first before locking it 😐
lovebugs16 (5 stories) (43 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-10)
gosh, I remember a topic that was tackled in one of the pages on dacebook. About this girl they call "nene" in UE campus manila philippines and even showed herself in a photo peeking in the front door mirror.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
This is not a surprise.
Some schools here in Philippines has these beings but most of them don't hurt you.
Zeo (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
Hi,

Thanks for posting your story.
I liked this, although... I think those girls have pure skill, to notice that a shadow they saw at night was crossing it's arms AND looking at them. I wish I could see that well.

Take care

Zeo
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-12)
luce, the engineering and education buildings are supposed to be the most haunted. I guess its because they're the oldest buildings on campus too.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-06)
Umm... Any hauntings that stand out in the campus buildings?:) Esp during dawn. Planning to jog there sometime:D

I know a few in the LB campus but I have to ask permission from my friend pa.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-01)
luce, I very much doubt it the dorms were blessed. Magneto, yup, definitely a suicide.
luce (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-29)
Diliman? I wonder how many times they had the dorms blessed/exorcised. Or if they did bother to.
magneto095 (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-27)
The girl in the closet may have committed a suicide, eh? Though she commanded others to lock herself, though the girl who locked her does not know that she is there.
twisted_individual (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-11)
OMG... That's creepy. I would hate to spend the night at a haunted place. That reminds me. The last time I visted the phillippines I was staying at my grandmas place. The houses done there are known to be passed down to generations. I was stayed downstairs while everyone was getting ready for bed. The whole time I was there I felt uneasy... Like someone was watching me. Whoever it was did not want me done there with me...
xxMayLovablexx14366 (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-29)
Phewww... This is another freaky story... Gosh I'm so afraid now!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
23_Chantelle_23 - you are so very welcome. Anytime I can help. 😆...
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
Miracles51031 - thanks! That's a little scary! Love it!
The girl in the closet thing would make a good movie 😨
Teheh I sure hope its not true but.
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
[at] kimsoutho, the dorms are located in a university in Quezon City.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
that was creepy! A lot of ghost stories sorround the dormitories of each universities here in the philippines. They are usually restless souls and most of the time, the occurances are residual.

Riyen (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
😕 I feel especially bad for the roommate who died in the closet.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
23_Chantelle_23 - a doppleganger is basically some"thing" that looks like someone else. In some cultures/religions it means an evil entity that can take the form of anyone.
Dan_Paranormal (1 stories) (74 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
Wow this is a very interesting story. Sounds like you had a lot of activity going on in those dorms. I love hearing about university/college hauntings I don't know why they just interest me - so thanks for sharing your story. I'd love to hear more!
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
That's creepy. You should write more about the dorms. I remember going to RJC (Roswell Job corps) I used to hear someone running down the hall at a certain hour above our dorm. I always thought it was one of the students running. I one time was in trade. One of the girls was on the floor above me. I told her I can hear someone running upstairs at 11 o'clock at night. She looked at me weird and said. There's no one running or down the hall at that time. Everyone is in there room asleep.
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
😨 that's super scary! But what's a doppelganger? And Thats a pretty freaky story floating around 😲
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
wow...that was creepy. Pease write more about the dorms.

Take care. ❤ ❤ ❤
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
Wow...that sucks! I can't believe that happend! I bet that was just aweful 😭
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
Fascinating! Where are the dorms, if you do not mind my asking. It would make some sense to the one that used to be a hospital. There may be some residual as well as inteligent occurances there. Not all of us that leave this world are ready to do so when it happens. I am curious to hear more. Keep us posted.

God Bless!
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-01)
pretty creepy:) lucky I have nothing much happening here:) 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: