You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Child In The Office Campus

Real Ghost Stories

Child In The Office Campus

 

I work with an IT services organisation. There are quite a few late nights involved. And some of the offices across the country are at very troublesome locations in terms of transport and accessibility.

Last night, I was out for a smoke break with a colleague. And we were having a pleasant time discussing practically nothing and cracking a few jokes. A little while into this session, I distinctly heard footsteps behind me. The kind of sound that emits when one steps over dried leaves. Out of instinct, I turned around to make sure no one that we were joking about was within hearing distance, and I saw nothing.

Another instinctive reaction was my saying "What the _____ was that?". To which my colleague replied saying he saw a child there. We thought what was a child doing in a corporate campus at 1 am? And almost instantly I realised about stories that I had heard when I joined this particular office about two years ago. People had spoken about spotting a child in the campus and sometimes hearing a small wailing sound. At the time, I put this to office gossip as I have heard several such stories from employees across locations during the one on one briefings.

My colleague seemed a bit disturbed and hence I rubbished the disturbance saying it could be tricks of the light. I said this because he is a heart patient and a bit of a frightened rabbit himself. We finished our smoke and coffee and headed back to our desks. After approximately an hour, we decided to call it a day, and left for home. Now I usually drive my car to my workplace, but yesterday, with the weather being pleasant I rode to the office.

I reached my motorcycle, and was about to start it when I saw the clear outline of a child standing about 10 feet away. Putting it to tricks of the light, I decided to move closer and see for myself. Not surprisingly, although I could make out the outline, I could not see the features.

I thought about talking, and then decided against it. Instead, I said a small prayer asking for peace for the troubled soul, and any hint if I could do anything to help. The instant I finished the prayer, the outline vanished. I rode home, and this morning, I spoke to the facilities manager to see if I could get any information. Needless to say I have not been successful. However, I have made up my mind that if I see the child again, I am going to help in any way I can.

Other hauntings by adsouza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, adsouza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mystseeker15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-01)
I finally read this. Adsouza, I. Too have seen a ghost child which is my first encounter. Wish they would be in peace.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Yeah I had heard of the 'matchbox ghost' as we used to refer to it as! It was funny because the 'ghost' seemed quite friendly. We used to light up our zippo lighters and announce 'Take your light from your favorite zippo'!
Nothing ever happened. Although the coffee vendor who cycles around the area has been petrified on a number of occasions! 😁
aman_yooo (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
LOL! I don't know about the whispering noises around the dumping ground on the back road but a few people smoking near by that area have been taped on their shoulders and asked "machis hai kya" and there is no one there when they turn around and there is also a rumour about a small child wondering the corriders of the Intelenet Tower, but never seen it for myself. πŸ˜†
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
Oh and the office you work with has some strange noises coming out of one particular wash room... It has been there for as long as I can remember with no explanation!
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
LOL! I know that area like the back of my hand! Are you talking about the whispering noises around the dumping ground on the back road? Have you walked towards Chincholi Bunder late at night?
😁
aman_yooo (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
I work for Intelenet, Malad West near Inorbit Mall, do you know that area?
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
aman - This is in Karnataka state. Which organisation do you wirk with in Mumbai? I was there for 8 years and pretty much know the happenings around.
aman_yooo (17 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-27)
(at) adsouza please may I ask which state this place is located, as I have heard about the same happenings at the call centre I work for in Mumbai.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Hi adsouza, Sorry about the (almost) double post. I clicked 'edit' & everything vanished, so I typed my message again, only to discover that the first message had been published; wierd!
Aah! So you became a sensei too? πŸ˜‰
I never got past yellow belt. Everytime it got to grading, I got 'stage-fright' & froze. My sensei was kind to me, he allowed me to spar with higher belts, just for experience.
Many years ago, I was walking down our L-shaped passage, wearing my high-heels. Our eldest daughter, who was about 11 years old then, decided to wait at the bend, jump out, & give me a fright. Well... I don't know who got the bigest scare...me, or her... When she landed on her bum! It was only reflexes that kicked in! You know exactly what I am talking about, don't you? πŸ€” Both she,& I laugh about it today, but I could have done her a serious damage at that moment, without intending to. I gave up karate after that!
I sincerely agree, martial arts are only for defence; never attack!
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
LOL Fergie!
I am not a violent person. And I liked to believe that I was a formidable opponent, but that was when I was fighting - retired in 2002. Trained kids until 2008, and now I practice only for myself.
After 22 years of practice and discipline, the one lesson I have not forgotten is you never use your skill to attack anyone.
😁
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Wow adsouza, I am impressed! Judo, Aikido & Taikwando? You must be a formidable opponent! Remind me never to get on the wrong side of you; I prefer to stay 'in your good books'!
I am sorry to hear of the demise of your Sensei. He obviously made a big impression on you, a good one!
Good luck with your 'ghosties', also with your martial arts. I hope to read another of your accounts soon.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Wow adsouza, I am impressed! Taekwondo, Judo AND Aikido? You must be a formidable opponent! Remind me to stay in your 'good books', I would hate to get on the wrong side of You!
Sorry to hear of the demise of your Sensei, but he certainly seems to have made an impression on you, a very good one!
Good luck with your 'ghosties', also with the martial arts.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Hey Fergie!
Thanks for reading and your kind comments. Sadly my sensei is no more. He passed away 12 years ago. But while he was there, he passed on a great deal to all his students.
Karate is good! I practice Aikido, Taekwondo and Judo...
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
PS Adsousa, Your sensei sounds like a very wise person! Just the sort of advice to heed. (Back in 'the day', I used to do karate.) 😊
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-25)
Hi Amit, since reading your second account, I came back to re-read this one. I understand better now, your effort to comunicate with the child spirit.
You seem to have done a good job with your extensive research, I commend you for it! 😐
It is very pleasant to find people, who are willing to go the extra mile.
Thank you for sharing a well told narative.
adsouza (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Thanks Jav! It seemed like the logical thing to do, and I am glad you appreciate it.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
adsouza,
It sounds like you've done this so thouroghly. This is wonderful news so far. I can't see anything to add but "Good job buddy!".
I am impressed at all the angles you seem to have worked to assure a healthy outcome. Others could learn from this.
Thank you adsouza.

Jav 😊
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
I wanted to post this on Saturday, but was too exhausted, so waited until today.
adsouza (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
Hi Bluerose/ Jav/ Everybody,

This past Saturday was some kind of a success. During the day, I received a call from the site facilities manager saying he had some information about the property that our office is set up on. We found that it used to be a mine, and was sealed 25 years ago. The facilities chap seemed interested to know what was going on (I suspect he too has heard of our office ghost child). We then went to the city records office to check for any kind of natural disasters around my office in the past 30 years (A hunch I had, since my office is situated on the banks of a river).

We found that there was a flood big enough to flood some of the mining tunnels and a few people had lost their lives. Another hunch, and I got the names and addresses of the people closest to the mining site (Now my office). This because, if a child has died there, he had obviously accompanied his parents to the site. And 25 years ago, with the transport being the way it now is, I thought the child had to be of a family staying close.

There are 2 families still staying around the area and I took the help of some friends who speak the local language since I don't. We soon tracked the family concerned, and told them about the child. We asked them to offer prayers for peace and liberation of the child. We helped them with the necessary arrangements. Once this was done, I went home, and after some time, reached the office.

I don't want to jump to conclusions soon, so I am going to continue snooping around the area since I did not come across anything. But as of Saturday, with 4 of us, all pretty capable and I dare say intelligent 😊, we did not feel any presence.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
*come= 'some' in my last post. Sorry for the spelling mistake!
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-19)
However, I have made up my mind that if I see the child again, I am going to help in any way I can...

Thats so nice of you. Somewhere I too get the feeling that may be the child 'wants' come kind of help. Since its 2 days after your last post, so tell us what happened during the 'communication'...?...Any success?...Take care.
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Hi Dani,
There are stories like this where I come from too. However, like you, I don't think this is the case here. So I am hoping I can help...
Jav - I saw the last line in your comment a few minutes ago. 😁
You are right!
dayala_819 (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
like I've said before, seeing a child would be a little scary for ME. Where I come from it is said that evil spirits like taking many forms; children being one of the most common. But, this doesn't seem to be the case 😊 and if it is the spirit of a child I hope you can help it find the light so that it may finally rest in peace.

-dani❀
adsouza (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-17)
Jav - I mirror your thoughts. It is wrong for a child to be stuck anywhere. Let's hope I am capable enough to help him move. Today being a Saturday, the office campus will be deserted. I have left a little work pending so I can go to the office (It is a 5 minute drive!) and spend some time there. I have also spoken to a few friends who are 'gifted' to help me with the communication.
MysteryPOO - Thanks for reading. And I know of someone who would get a heart attack (mentioned in my experience)! LOL
mysterPOO (63 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
Wonderful adsouza!
If there was anyone else in your shoe, most probably they would have run away once they saw a spirit.
Hope you could help the child without any trouble and
All the best to you! 😁
Keep us posted...

Thnks For Sharing... ❀
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-16)
adsouza,
That is so sad. It always breaks my heart to hear about the little ones that haven't moved on. It just isn't right. However, I do think it is a very positive sign that the child came to you twice in one night. As though it knows you will be able to help. That's how I see it anyway. It's the second sighting when you were alone that makes the difference. The first sighting was when there was another person to witness it, so you would have no doubt about what you were seeing when the child showed up the second time.
Good hunting adsouza, I'm pulling for you.
Please keep us posted, I must know how this turns out.

Jav ❀

~About time buddy! πŸ˜†~

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: