You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Campus Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

The Campus Ghosts

 

I'm eighteen and right now I'm attending a campus in Franklin, North Carolina. I have been here for three months and have had many paranormal experiences.

On the first night that I was on campus, I couldn't sleep. It was about four in the morning, and I was surprised to hear footsteps upstairs. (The upstairs has no rooms, because it is our recreational area, and is ALWAYS locked at night, so no one can sneak up there and do inappropriate things.) The footsteps went back and forth, then up and down the stairs. This repeated three or four times, until they went down the stairs again, into our hallway and in front of my bay. At that moment everything went silent, and I felt as if something was staring at me, then I felt a rush of cold air. I hid under my blankets, and started to shake, which I hadn't done since I was five.

About two weeks later, my friend Theresa went to the bathroom at three in the morning. Everyone was asleep in their rooms except her. She told me the next morning that when she was in there, one of the showers turned on. The very next day, after classes were over, I went into the dorm and into the bathroom. As I was washing my hands, one of the toilets flushed, but there was nobody in there. Then the stall door opened, but once again, there was nobody to be seen. Needless to say, I ran out of there as quick as possible.

The events stopped for a while, except for the occasional walking upstairs at night. The events started happening again about four weeks later.

In one of the other female dorms, three of my friends were upstairs watching a movie at about ten 0'clock at night. They were heading downstairs to go to bed, when one of the girls remembered that she had left her blanket on the couch. The girls all went upstairs again. The walked towards the couch and noticed a little girl wrapped up in the blanket. They screamed and ran downstairs leaving one shoe by the couch when they left. The girls needed the shoe, so some one else went to grab it. When the girl came back down, she told the girls that the shoe was by the door.

On June the 24th, one day before summer break, I had the biggest paranormal experience that I had had on campus. It all took place just after classes were over.

During classes, the dorms are locked. When classes are over, the students go to the dorm and wait for them to be unlocked. After our dorm was unlocked, we all went in and put our stuff on our beds. One of the girls went to her bed and let out an "OH SH***!" We went over to her, and were like "What?" She pointed to her pillow, and we all looked over. (Our beds have to be made perfectly in the mornings, with no wrinkles in the blankets.) Her pillow had an imprint of a head as if someone was lying on it right at the moment. Jessica went to grab her camera. She pointed the camera at the spot and it started to automatically focus on the exact location, as if there was a person really there, and then just shut off.

That night several of us heard running upstairs. Normally walking was heard, but this was the first time that it had been running.

There are several more ghost encounters that people have had on campus, but these are the ones that I know most about, especially because most of them happened to me.

One thing that I would like to know is if I can contact them, and just see why they are here. If you could, please give me tips on how to do this.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by shy_n_kind

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shy_n_kind, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shadead (91 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
My advice is to get yourself a cheap recording device and make a list of questions you want answered,

At this point I will say all you need to do is place the recorder in the room where it won't be disturbed like hide it so someone doesn't nick it and just ask your questions before you leave,

See if you get any results and that could be interesting.

Regards,
~Shadead.
xlAndrew (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-28)
I don't have any advice or comments to offer, but I would like to ask if I may share your story (ies) with credits to you, shy_n_kind.
loving_babylbj (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-10)
well I attend L.B.J. Center, and I have had a few Paranormal experinces... And I also know Shy_n_kind and these things do happen very happen... The girl in the blanket happened in my old dorm
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
She only went there during 2006-2007. She said your story was really creepy and she's glad she didn't experience anything lol. Anyways, if you experience anything else please feel free to share it with us again 😊.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-02)
Maybe you should ask tem or IT to knock on the walls when you ask a question. Like start with "IF ANYONE IS IN HERE KNOCK ONCE FOR YES AND KNOCK TWICE FOR NO, ARE YOU A GIRL?"etc. If you want to try that you should do it in the romm you saw the little girl in.
I'm sorry if it doesn't work, it was just somthing I though you could try.
GIRLIE 😁
shy_n_kind (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
(oli) wow that's really cool that she went to the same one! When did she go?
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-31)
And another thing, my sister told me she went to that same Job Corps. It's just too bad she didn't have any experiences lol.
shy_n_kind (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
Thank you so much guys. I'm going to the library on Friday, and I'll do some research then. I think that it may be a little boy in the dorms, because the other day my dorm mate and I saw a little boy running down the hallway and past our door.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I'm not sure what kind of school this is but sounds like boot camp. You and your classmates could be experiencing residual hauntings and finding out about that would take some research into the history of the school or the land it was built on. Combined teen energy can also cause poltergeist like activity but in reality it's just kinetic energy gone wild. All that said, it's possible that there is someting there but separating the hysteria from the facts may be hard to do. If you think you are among a presence speak to it the way you would any other person and request that it stop the activity. From all I have read, it seems like most ghosts just want some recognition and attention. You can also suggest that it move onto the Light being that it no longer belongs on this plane of existence. I have no first hand experience with poltergeist activity but from what I have read these tips may help.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
Creepy, but it's nice that it's not only you having the experience. And I agree, you should try to find out some history about that place first.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
I think I would have to disagree with some of the comments. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to find out why they are there, but before trying to contact the spirits themselves, maybe go to the Library of your school and do some reasearch, see if there have been any deaths in bathrooms, etc...
Trudy (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
Dear Shy-n-kind,

No there is no way to contact spirits without "contacting" them. You can get rid of them if you want. Read 2 Corinthians 11:14-15 and 1 John 4:1-4. Well I hope that I helped.
shy_n_kind (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
(jerryhend1) is there a way that I can find out why they are there without really contacting them?
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
One thing that I would like to know is if I can contact them, and just see why they are here. If you could, please give me tips on how to do this.

Thank you.

You don't want too... Take it as a fun thing, but you never want to contact them... Leave it as it is...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: