You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dreaming Together Of The Shadow Man

Real Ghost Stories

Dreaming Together Of The Shadow Man

 

Back in 1994 I had begun a relationship with the love of my life. She would hang at my house and I would cruise at hers always during the day. Our parents were pretty trusting of us so they allowed us to spend nights sleeping over each other homes, but not in the same room. The first night she stayed at my house, after Junior Prom, I had an experience that could not be explained (which I submitted earlier on this site). This event however happened the first night I stayed in her home.

We spent the entire day together and in the evening we sat and watched some TV in the living room. Her mom said it was getting late and she wanted us to go to sleep. My girlfriend tucked me into her bed and went back to the living room to crash on the sofa. I fell asleep and began to dream about her. She and I were together, sitting in the living room, watching TV Just as we were before we went to bed. We were having a blast; everything was so peaceful and fun until he showed up.

As we watched the TV we noticed something peering from behind the TV set in the hallway that led to her and her mother's bedrooms. Our attention was torn from the box to this peeping character. It then leaped out from behind the wall into plain view.

It was the most bizarre looking man I had ever seen. He wasn't very tall, maybe around 4 to 4 ½ feet tall. He was completely black except for his teeth and eyes. They were both a glowing white color. The eyes were like golf balls with no iris and his teeth sharp like a shark. He wasn't afraid to show us his true nature.

He began gnashing his teeth and his body convulsed and jerked unnaturally. He threw profane gestures our way and he then started to move closer to us. My girlfriend and I were in complete shock and repulsed at what we were seeing. As he came closer I could feel my heart pounding faster and faster and stronger as I slept in my body. I shot up from my sleep and was perspiring. It was still dark and I had the vision of the man still in my brain. I had never had such an intimidating and vivid dream before. As I lay back down and took a deep breath I was startled at the bedroom door being opened.

I was spooked, but then I focused my eyes and could see my girlfriend creeping into the bedroom with me. She climbed beside me and was whimpering a bit. She was a little surprised to see I was already awake. I asked her if she was okay. She replied. "I had a bad dream; there was this "shadow man" that scared me." I held her and described the "shadow man" to her and she couldn't believe I knew what her nightmare looked like. She told me what had happened and where it happened. It was unreal, we both dreamt of the same thing, in the same place, at the same time.

We both called this creature the "shadow man" from then on and have never experienced him again in any way shape or form, or so we think. The hallway the "shadow man" appeared in our dreams is very interesting as well. When I hung out in her room on different occasions during the day I would hear strange noises, and footsteps on the rug just outside her doorway. I never mentioned them to her, but after that experience she explained that she always hated that hallway and feared going to the bathroom in the middle of the night in fear of seeing something strange.

If anyone knows or experienced this "shadow man" with shark like teeth I would love to hear about it. Thanks for listening, reading.

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Jasmin314,
Holy smokes! That is an unreal story! It's so amazing how two people can dream the same exact thing at the same time. Wouldn't it be interesting if you had a strange dream with people you've never seen or met before all the while these strangers were dreaming of you too? I just blew my mind. 😉 Cool experience for you two, Aloha- 4d
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
ME and my brother had a very similar experience. WE were sleeping in the same bed because the top bunk was haunted (long story) I was dreaming that These apes captured me and my bro. The apes told my brother that the only way to let us go is if my brother beat me. In my dream my brother started hitting me then he grabbed my arm really hard. I woke up because I was in pain and guess what, he was pinching my arm. His grasp was so powerful! I began to yell and cry and woke him up. I said what are you doing why were you hurting me and he said "the apes told me to." when we woke up we confirm that we had the same dream... Interesting right? The ❤Jasmin
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Lauren4,
Thank you so much for that piece of information. Unfortunately the the "Shadow Man" was a man, only small. His proportions were of an average man, he didn't have fangs, and his eyes and shark teeth were a glowing white. He seemed very impish, he had a bad attitude and danced pervertedly. Is that an actual real life creature in that pic? Or is it made up? I kind of thought it was cute. 😜 Aloha nui, 4d
Lauren4 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-09)
Hi I was looking at another site not long after reading you story and wondered if this picture is similar to what you saw? I t is also a 4 foot high creature with very sharp teeth thought it might be worth checking out:D loz http://paranormal.about.com/od/othercreatures/ig/Gallery-of-Monsters/Chupacabras.htm
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Thanks whitewolf1234321, My wifes' childhood home is right next to a stream that heads out to the ocean, which I've heard water can provide energy for an entity to appear. We thought our closeness caused us to dream together, but many other circumstances happened afterwards that made us believe that the house was strange. Aloha, ❤ 4d
whitewolf1234321 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
It could be many things but to me you might want to look it up. To my oppinion it is a demon or the devil that is trying to scare you. To be sure you might want to look up the history of the house and might want to look up types of ghost, devils to see if you come across it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: