You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Living Room Moments 2

Real Ghost Stories

Living Room Moments 2

 

My wife and I moved into a new home a few years ago. We were happy that we had our own place to rest with out having our family interrupting us every five seconds to do something. It wasn't our family that we had to worry about bothering us any longer.

For the first few months everything was great! No unexpected guests and no more shadow people, or voices. One day I caught a cold and was lying on the living room floor resting while my wife lay upon the couch reading. I was lying for a couple hours and my side was getting numb so I decided to turn around. When I turned and looked toward the stair well, I saw a girl standing there, who I had mistaken for my wife until I saw her face.

She was wearing light colored soft shorts and a green T-shirt. Her hair was up in a bun and her face was completely blank. Just flat skin stretched over the face area. Startled, I looked toward the couch and my wife was not there. I then noticed the bathroom light on and looked back at the late night intruder.

She gestured her head at me, as if looking at me with no eyes. She then turned and gazed up the stair way and moved up the stairs. She was no longer in my view. I popped up from the floor and ran to the steps and flicked on the lights. No one was there. I peeked around the corner of the stair well wall and yelled "Honey, you okay?" From the bathroom I hear my wife "I'm fine... Why?"

I went upstairs to look around and there was no one there. I told my wife what happened and she just gave me a disgusted face and said "Ewww."

My Sister and I were drawing in the living room one night and shootin' the breeze when we heard this sharp crack. She was shocked and I jumped to my feet. I looked around and finally noticed the hanging glass lantern; I bought at my families Church fundraiser, cracked on my living room Koa table.

The glass didn't fly anywhere though. The pieces that did break off stayed contained on the foot of the lantern itself. It was bizarre because it seemed like the way it broke was from something squeezing it.

Another night my wife and I were relaxing on the couch talking about the future and how it would be great if my Mom were still around. While we were chatting I saw, from my peripheral, a shadow appear. It grew over the dinning table right behind my wife's head. My eyes grew wider and the room came real quiet. My wife looked at me with concern.

The deep black shadow ball grew to the size of a basketball and moved across from left to right. As the ball moved the ceiling above made loud popping and cracking sounds, as if the wood above were splitting. The ball also decreased in size as it travelled. It finally came to rest and disappeared at the framed picture of my late Mother.

Unfortunately my wife only heard the sounds moving across the ceiling, she never saw the shadow ball. She did however watch my eyes as they were focused on the elusive shadow. She followed my eyes movements and said it looked like I was tracking something. I described to her what it was I saw.

Sadly, we both are now seeing the shadows and hearing strange sounds at our new home. I will ask her during times of much movement if she has seen anything recently. She will describe the same shapes I had been seeing and in the same areas of the house, but mostly the living room.

The shadows we have seen so far: Skinny worm/snake like shadows in the corner of the stairwell. Small and fast bug like shadows, almost like a big honey bee, in the living room. Larger kidney bean shaped shadows creeping behind door ways.

Sounds we have heard: She would hear my voice when I did not speak. I would hear her voice when she did not speak. I would hear movement and falling of supplies in our upstairs bathroom closet, upon inspection all would be in order. Walking sounds upstairs while we are down stairs.

It was nice while it lasted, but the peace we had is now lost in moments of "What the hell was that!"

I would like to know if any one else is experiencing constant shadows or different types of shadows. Also if any one knows about, or seen personally, a faceless person in their home.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by 4d

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 4d, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
TigerLily,
That was the first and only experience of the faceless girl, thank you Jesus. I have heard stories of people seeing the faceless person and having terrible life happenings afterwards. 😨 Thanks for your care! ❤ I will post more as it happens, Aloha - 4d
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-13)
Has the faceless person returned? Did it try to contact you? Have you tried to contact it?
Well other posters have mentioned taking photos and dropping holy water.
All I can really say now is Good Luck. Let us know how the photos turn out and any other shadow/faceless people sightings.

God Bless.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-29)
amanda_lynn,
Thanks so much for your reply. I guess I could drop some holy water when things start to act up! 😊

Hanbobs,
I never thought of taking photos when things occur, I might try that as with the water.

Thanks again for both of your comments! Aloha - 4d
Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
Interesting story 4d 😊 It seems strange that one of the shadows directed itself towards your mothers photo. Maybe this one was her?
The others I cannot explain ~ but the girl? You said she made a gesture with her head at you? Was this a gesture for you to maybe follow her perhaps? Not long ago I saw a 'woman' stood on my driveway as I was reversing up it in my car, she didn't stay long + when I did a double take she had gone. It's fasinating that you saw this girl and managed to keep a hold on her. Usually these things disappear in an instance.
Perhaps taking photographs around your home (at the time these incidents happen) will help reveal what is there.
Hanbobs 😁 x
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
😆 Hah, I like the end of your story. (: it's funny.

Lol, uumm, I agree with the holy water idea... That might help. If not, then you could try talking to a preacher or something?

Just trying to help.:D
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Saucy_mac,
I laughed at the last part of your post! 😆 Thank you for sharing your experiences, I really do appreciate them. Did these happenings occur in your home or just here and there? Usually my wife and I will ignore the shadowy moments and talk about them later while we're driving or eating out, away from home anyway. Most times after talking to each other it doesn't come back. Then a different style of shadow will swing by. Thanks again, aloha - 4d
Saucy_mac (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I totally understand why You'd be freakin out. I've watched glasses get pushed off kitchen counters, blinds open and close and have woken up to things standing over me. Perhaps you should attempt to turn a blind eye to it? See what comes out of it. I'm not religious, but if you are, apparently holy water works, if your willing to explain to your wife why your throwing water everywhere.
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
Jitow,
I'm not sure what to make of your comment. It's true that not all people are open to seeing such things, but that does not mean they are not there, existing within their own homes. I didn't say nor do I believe that it was my mother that appeared as a shadow orb, I'm just stating what I had seen and what had transpired, in detail, that evening. I am also Christian and love God very much, so don't assume as well that because I, and my wife have experienced things that means we are "Heathens" and/or "Nonbelievers". I have prayed and prayed on many occasion good and bad, but it doesn't lessen the fact that spirits dwell on earth and they will make themselves known to those whom are able to see them for what they are. However, most people I speak with don't see nor do they believe in "Ghosts" or at least the people I talk to that aren't from the Islands. This site aside, I don't think many people have received any type of visitation any way. Thanks for your comments, if you have any questions let me know, if you're just going to criticise what is so common on this board maybe you should tell someone else. Mahalo - 4d 😕
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-21)
All your sightings sound pretty common. Not sure what your belief system is but generally I would not think Mom should still be around nor would I think she would be disruptive. I don't believe in all this trying to get your attention stuff because once it does, it does not seem to leave. Not protelatizing here but if you read all of the thousands of post here you will recognize fairly quickly that Jesus and Christianity seem to work best at a permanent solution. Spirits are not common decour in most homes.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: