You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Our Strange Old House

Real Ghost Stories

Our Strange Old House

 

Our story starts 8 and half years ago. My 4 year old began to see "Shawn" when we first moved in the house. Shawn appeared to my child every night and the destruction was so much that I had to ask him to leave. He did, but the incidents continue.

Some of our friends and relatives will not come to our home due to the extreme sightings. One involved a non-mechanical stuffed animal moving on its own across the floor of a bedroom. Other incidents include my oldest child seeing the same figure I have spotted on numerous occasions.

A ghost hunting team who took loads of video will not return; electronic oddities; and recently a "gifted" indicated we have five entities who are seeking help, all male ranging from the age of 9-10 to adult.

On the latter issue a family member who lives in another state and has been tortured with nightmares by one specific entity who is a child named Adam and is strong, as well as a man who does not have good intentions has contacted me.

Clairvoyance runs in my family. My 2 year old recently spoke to someone room to room strangely and has woken to say hello to people she sees and carries on conversations with. It's a morning routine that my oldest and I are awakened at 3am to strange sounds and appearances. Even those who do not believe in ghosts have had to conclude that something is strange in this house. To date, we cannot find any deaths that have occurred here, but did validate that a Shawn fitting the description of the Shawn who visited us did live in the house in the 1980s and was the son of a minister.

I believe that the reason we did not get more response from the ghost hunter team is because they were disturbed in our home. The one valid evidence that they have submitted to me is that we discovered in one of the snapshots that a strange circular orb appeared on the basement ceiling and cannot be explained by any of the surroundings. Additionally, we have lost the photo of a gray child figure following our daughter in broad daylight on her birthday on the patio of our home. Unfortunately, we have lost a piece of proof that was blatant and in broad daylight. The use of EVP equipment resulted in much activity, which we have not been allowed to review. The EVP equipment used in some of the rooms either never shut off (as it would if there were no activity) and in other rooms stayed on most of the time. One of the sensitives found a particular spot where he saw many red millipedes. I have discovered there is a connection to red millipedes and paranormal activity. The area in which the millipedes were spotted is a highly active area.

As for the electronic issues, toys that need to be physically handled to make noise will suddenly start working on their own. Additionally, TVs will be turned off only to turn back on by themselves.

I have been told that the spirits are not here to harm us, but are seeking help and they are drawn to us because of the psychic energy we have as a family unit. Each night, I pray over my children to bind all evil spirits and energy from them. We are also a Christian family, but know that things exist in our world that cannot be explained by any other way than the supernatural. We have blessed the home many times on our own. We have sought the help of our church.

I have a strange ability to just know, even amongst almost strangers, who to open up to and talk to about the issues we have and I happened to take that step at our church with someone most would be awestruck to know he has ability to cleanse as he does not share this with many people. When we have asked a spirit to leave, we usually get a positive result, but are only confronted with a new entity (ies), which leads me to believe we may have a portal. I would be interested to know how I can better help protect my family from potential harm.

In the years past, we have noticed most of the activity from September to January, but that has changed recently to being a much more year-round heightened level of activity.

Most recently, my oldest child was awakened at 3am to see a dark outline of an adult sized figure standing over her. It then knelt by her bedside. She closed her eyes and began to pray. She didn't feel afraid, but more annoyed.

One entity that appeared about a year ago was a female seeming to be interested in a laptop in my daughter's room. She has not returned.

One reading we recently had done concluded that the woman was seeking the help of my oldest child and has since moved on.

I'm not sure what to expect since we have already gone through the experience of one ghost hunting team. I think at this point, I am open to the possibilities that we have some gifts that draw energies like this to us and we need to harness the abilities so that we can protect ourselves, as well as help in some way for these energies to move onto a better place when they appear to us.

Other hauntings by Tamsa

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tamsa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
-Tamsa-

I know this may sound strange but try purchasing an EMF detector and use it around your house, appliances, electrical outlets and switches, and other parts of your property where you have paranormal experiences. I had some crazy stuff happening in one of my bedrooms and I just happened to use an EMF detector and I noticed that I was using an old alarm clock that emitted extrememly high EMF right near my head while I slept. I removed it and I still had paranormal stuff going on, but not as frequently or severe. I still don't know if the high EMF effected my brain somehow, or if it was a limitless energy source for spirits nearby because I believed I had a portal right near my bedroom doorway in that house. This might be just one thing you can explore on your own and you can get an EMF detector for not much money.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
ArchAngelMichael39 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Wondering souls are lost in there own world
To an existance of he/she's mind.
Nor real or unreal. Just a
3 world.

God Be with You,

Sam 😉
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-16)
try doing your own investigateing set up video cameras voice recorders. Get your own eveidence so you know what your dealin with this could help you get help with the church. Just a thought but be careful it may make it worse too. Seak help with a diffrent paranormal group just because one couldn't help you doesn't mean there isn't one out there that can. Do you feal threatened in any way? Or just scared?
DollyDagger (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
I'm really sorry that you and your family have to be going through that. Like Spazztasticgirl said, people who are sensitive to spirits are the ones who attract them. Well at least it's true for me and one of my best friends. Every house I've lived in, or at least every house I remember living in, I could see or sense spirits.
I haven't really found anything to help with making spirits go away or helping them pass on. You could try some EVP work of your own though and maybe figure out what they need help with, like Zach said.
I hope everything goes well and you'll finally have some peace in your home.
Best of luck, Amanda
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Again it's either a gift or a curse when it comes to being in tuned with the supernatural. I would be interested to know the age of your older children (especially if they are teens) because we know some teens have the ability to be a catalyst for spirits or are a catalyst themselves with kinetic energy. It's said that there are crossing lines of magnetic force under the earth's surface, your house may be at the crossroads so to speak and this could cause the portal effect. Any investigating team that would not produce it's findings to the home owner is very odd. I don't care if they were scared or whatever but they should have allowed you to view any evidence. I know many religious people will say there are no such things as ghost because it doesn't fit into their belief system but oddly enough they will tell you it's demons tricking you. They can believe in demons but a human being without a body they don't believe. Jesus mentioned spectors and He didn't call them demons. His explanation was simply no I am not a ghost. So apparently He and the apostles knew what one was. Blessings, cleansings and the such are fine but for the most part it seems that if you talk to them like they were human (they once were) the results seem to be better. Keep us posted.
phantomshadow (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Chilling Story Tamsa- It must be very hard for you and your family to get through this. I hope that you find a way to help-best wishes
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
I am sorry that ya'll have gone through this. But Ya'll need to prayer and cross all over the house yes your kid's bedroom too and your too. My prayer go to your and family safetly.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
I am so dizzy after reading your experiences. You have more than five entities, and yes, your property is a crossing point for what I call travelers (Souls wandering). I am so sorry you had such a negative experience with your ghost hunting team. Please remember that most ghost hunt teams are just people wanting answers. Most do not know what to do once they have proof. It isn't impossible to rid your home, but it is a long process, I cannot go into this here. I will add your family to my prayer list. What type of cleansing have you tried? Write me and I will try to help you from here... As a Christian, you have all the power you need (Don't stray). Go to my profile page. Blessings, Ghostseer
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-11)
Tamsa--Since I find your story unsettling, how much more so it must be for you and your family. Do you by any chance happen to live in the Black Forest area near Colorado Springs? Some haunted stories have come out of there since it's only in recent times the place has been built up and you mention the '80s.
You have gifts, as do you children, but as you are aware, some gifts are not sufficient unto themselves for a problem like yours. Your ghost hunting team let you down in my estimation. Perhaps you could Google Ryan Buell of Paranormal State or Chip Coffee, another very reputable paranormal investigator. If you could make direct contact with either of them, you might get a point in the right direction as to how to diagnose what's going on in your home. Since God is with you, you need not hold on to fear.
Spazztasticgirl (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Oh spine chilling! I have heard that people who can sense spirits... Also may attract spirits. Maybe your family is attracting spirits? Where else might the spirits be coming from? I will pray for your family's safety as well:)

Peace, Spazz
Miss_laura (9 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
mmmmmm. SCARY! Maybe cleansing your house could help?! So just out of curiosity, have any of them hurt you? Or are they all harmless. Cause it may just be they are all seeking help. But either way don't give up. Keep finding a way to keep you family safe.

Best of luck.

Laura
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
Tamsa,

Thanks for sharing, and sorry that your kids have to go thought all this. I hope one of the moderaters wil be able to help and advcie you on how you can protect your family. God bless.

Regards,
Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: