You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It Me Seeing Things Or My Cat

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Me Seeing Things Or My Cat

 

I was sitting at my computer desk one evening, also accompanied by my cat, Tink. I heard some rustling behind my mother's cupboard. I just stopped for a while to reassure myself I wasn't making the noise myself and I most certainly wasn't. Then my cat started flipping her ears back and hissing at something behind the cupboard so I leaned forward to see if there was anything there and there wasn't so I just carried on as usual. Then I got the weirdest shiver down my back. It wasn't as if I was cold or anything but like something had brushed past me. Although I couldn't be certain about it.

Maybe a week after that happened I was in my mother's room. I was standing reading a book I had found in one of my drawers and I caught a glimpse of my mum walking into my room. I started talking to her, as I headed for the bedroom window which looks out onto my garden, normally where my mum sits for fresh air. I went to the window and opened it up and was still talking, I looked down and I could see my mum looking up at me. She asked who I was talking to, I just said oh no one, hesitated a bit and went into my room and no one was in there. I tried convincing myself it was my eyes playing tricks on me because the thought of a ghost or spirit in my house is scary.

So on the other hand, I was sitting in my bedroom reading a ladmag, laying down on my bed. I heard a little pitter patter sound on the floor and I immediately knew it was my cat. I put my hand down the side of my bed so when my cat came close enough I could stroke her. I felt Tink and I started stroking her. She was being all friendly an all, as I let down to pick her up she had vanished, I mean she was right there so I walked into my mothers room again and I found her sleeping on the bed, can you explain this?

The last situation I have is I was sitting on my sofa, and normally when I have my back turned my brother comes behind me and grabs my shoulders to try and scare me. I was sitting there and I felt a faint push on my shoulders so I turned round and absolutely nothing or no one was there that I could see. On the other hand, my cat was now sitting on my sofa hissing in my direction so I kind of didn't want to turn round so I hid my head in a pillow and just waited for my cat to stop hissing.

Do you think my cat can see the spirits? Am I being haunted, warned etc.?

Thanks hope to see some replies.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JessOx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bumblebee55 (1 stories) (40 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-08)
OMG, my friends cat, (let's call the cat buddy-privacy purposes) does that SAME EXACT THING! My friend told me that once she was getting ready to go to bed-she was brushing her teeth with the bathroom door closed. Buddy was sitting on the counter next to her. So my friend spit out her toothpaste, but when she went to pet Buddy, she wasn't on the counter! After a few minutes of searching, my friend found Buddy in the cupboard under the sink! But the thing is, Buddy couldn't have gotten under there without hearing the cupboard hinges creak, and there was one of those"child safety locks" on the handle! 😲
ghosthunter98 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-05)
Whenever an animal acts strange like your cat was acting then yes you are probably being haunted. Don't be afraid unless it gets bad. Try talking to this spirit but if you arnet calm there is a chance it won't respond. You may get answers in your dreams or you may not.
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Thanks for your posts. This is for Tonith, I suppose your right about the cat thing, maybe they are really fast and can move around quickly, that's what I want to believe anyways. And I will let you know about any other cat things, if any occur.

LibertyBelle - I'm not sure what kind of mining, I just know there was mining lol, but I am currently looking into it. And as for my the apparation I saw of my mother, but I'm not sure if it was acactly of her, maybe I should of made this more clear as I wrote, it was a large ish figure walking into my room, it wasn't scary looking as I hadent really seen it directly. It was the hight of my mother so I just thought it was her, plus I saw from the corner of my eye, so I couldn't exactly be 100% sure.
Thanks for the comments guys, and I will look into a Phsycic soon. (Y)

Jesss.
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Interesting, JessOx.

As an amateur historian, I'd be quite interested in hearing about the plantations--I know what they often refer to on this side of the pond, but not in the British context--and so as to not take up valuable space in comments, feel free to e-mail me at the address on my profile.

Now, as to the cat, speaking from the point of view of one who has loved cats all her life and never been without at least one (we currently have five) for any appreciable length of time for the last 30 odd years, I know how they can get from point A to point B in less than no time. What you describe, though, seems almost as if Tink's discovered the secret of bilocation. Either that, or there's a spectral cat on the premises as well. Since felines are very territorial, maybe that's what Tink was reacting to while you were on the computer.

I'm afraid I can't account for your glimpsing your mother in her room when she was in the garden, unless something else chose to assume her form. Maybe it was trying to contact you and took this form so you wouldn't be frightened, in which case I suspect that an intelligent haunting is at work.

What sort of mining was done in your area? I know that there was a lot of coal mining in the northern part of the UK, and that there were also a lot of tin mines in the eastern part. There was probably a lot of other mining that I don't know about, so naturally, I'm curious.

Since mining has always been a dangerous trade (and even more so in the past), it wouldn't surprise me if there were folks who got stuck on this plane because their deaths occurred so quickly that the didn't realize what had happened.

Peace, Love, and Joy!
❤ ❤ ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
They say cats live in the 4th dimension. I have 4 of them so I can tell you they are incredibly fast but even I have had times where it seemed near impossible that they were there one second and gone the next. It sounds to me like you may have something residing in your home. Could it be residual? It's possible. If you want to know if it's an intelligent spirit that would require some investigating. A good investigating team or even a reputable medium could probably help you out. I think mediums have a fee but most investigators do not charge anything. They are in it for the sake of finding out more about this field. Good luck. Keep us posted.
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
O, well I do know something as I said previously before. Close by were some plantations, I know this because I did an project about my house so I had to find info. So anyway there was a plantation probably 12 yards away from whatever my house was before. And there were mines etc. Were people died, so maybe that's the connection, I'm not sure, or its under my house, any suggestions though?

Jess. ❤
blackrose149 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Animals are very sensitive to these kinds of things and they can see things that humans can't see. I once had a similar experience: I was upstairs doing my homework and I saw my dog sitting next to me, so I reached out to pet her but I grabbed air! My dog was nowhere in sight so I ran downstairs and asked my dad where she was, and he pointed to the sofa where my dog was soundly asleep! Do you know anything about the history of the house? ❤
JessOx (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Thanks for the feedback. And yes it is my first encounter. But I'm feeling its not my last:S. Well the houses her are roughly about 30 years old maybe less. But I do know there was a plantation, and mines were there so maybe some people who have died there may have some connection with this.

Thanks for the comment, (Y)
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
I'm pretty convinced animals can see/are sensitive to things we as humans can't.

Is this your first encounter like this? Or is this a collection of things that have been happening so far?

There may be something in the home. Not to sound like a broken record, BUT: do you know the history of the land/home? Has anyone else experienced anything?

As far as the incident with you laying on your bed: I would normally say, cats are fickle and fast. I know mine will be standing next to me and literally GONE into the next room. However, if you found it resting on your mother's bed...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: